Cyclone Core Updated Again

Jarska333 posted on Jul 17 2006 at 10:21 AM said:
JimmySlam posted on Jul 17 2006 at 02:40 AM said:
Sounds good :D

But what can we use standard users for? ;)

Standard users aren't really good for anything but whining and drinking coffee. :)

xDDDDD. true. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
BobBorakovitz posted on Jul 17 2006 at 04:44 AM said:
maybe Time Killers will work right now, too :D
Well it works, but sprites are not visible. Same with Musashi, probably a bug in my emu.

Knoxximus posted on Jul 17 2006 at 07:44 AM said:
PLEASE at FOR THE LOVE OF GOD at PLEASE LET IT FIX HERZOG ZWEI!! :eek:
Gadget posted on Jul 17 2006 at 10:23 AM said:
Afterburner, Space Harrier, Hang-on, (drools) :p
These run without problems in my emu, also works with old Cyclone, which means that there are other bugs in DrMD.

WhiteFalcon posted on Jul 17 2006 at 11:48 AM said:
So what do you think is still missing in the core to be usable for Amiga/ST/... emulation?
Well I am not sure, would need to do Amiga/ST/... port myself to find out. In addition to potential problems mentioned in my first post there is a 4-byte prefetch thing which is again unemulated by Cyclone..

Just out of interest, how much work would it be to add that to Cyclone? And, more importantly really, if it were added, would the result likely be that Cyclone would slow down for it's current usages (given that, if I understand things rightly, fewer corners would be being cut)?

Squidge posted on Jul 17 2006 at 07:31 AM said:
Do you actually read posts before replying to them? :)

BTW, Notaz, nice work :)

I read the news on the front page and quickly glanced through the post. I missed it.

Sorry, I hope you will forgive me..

DaveC posted on Jul 17 2006 at 04:08 PM said:

I read the news on the front page and quickly glanced through the post. I missed it.

C'mon Dave....you're slippin', bud! If you're gonna be the resident curmudgeon around these here parts, you gotta do your homework! :p

But seriously.....has Herzog been tested with this yet?

Knoxximus posted on Jul 18 2006 at 12:36 AM said:
DaveC posted on Jul 17 2006 at 04:08 PM said:

C'mon Dave....you're slippin', bud! If you're gonna be the resident curmudgeon around these here parts, you gotta do your homework! :p

But seriously.....has Herzog been tested with this yet?

notaz posted on Jul 17 2006 at 10:36 PM said:
Knoxximus posted on Jul 17 2006 at 07:44 AM said:
PLEASE at FOR THE LOVE OF GOD at PLEASE LET IT FIX HERZOG ZWEI!! :eek:
Gadget posted on Jul 17 2006 at 10:23 AM said:
Afterburner, Space Harrier, Hang-on, (drools) :p
These run without problems in my emu, also works with old Cyclone, which means that there are other bugs in DrMD.

Oh the irony, the sweet irony :p

Have any other developers managed to get this working yet? I've tried it with the jump table compressed and uncompressed and all I get is a black screen. I haven't had chance to debug it yet, I just wanted to see if its just me.

xinfernoofdantex posted on Jul 17 2006 at 10:47 PM said:
rmatheso posted on Jul 17 2006 at 06:02 AM said:
Ohhh. CPS2 emu anyone?

If this happens does that mean Marvel vs Capcom?

Yes, but CPS2 is quite hard to emulate on the GP2X from what I have heard because of the QSound chip....

Also some of the games are quite big, so something like a GFX dump Gngeo2x has has to be made as well...

Reesy posted on Jul 18 2006 at 07:22 PM said:
Have any other developers managed to get this working yet? I've tried it with the jump table compressed and uncompressed and all I get is a black screen. I haven't had chance to debug it yet, I just wanted to see if its just me.

What was changed in this version is that you have to clear the IRQ level yourself if you use IRQ callback, something like:
Code:
void IntAck(int level)
{
  CycloneContext.irq = 0;
}
This was done to make it similar to Musashi core, I just forgot to mention this clearly..
Also don't forget to call CycloneInit() if you use compressed jumptable.

Ahh, I've now added code to clear the IRQ and its all working again. Thanks for your help.

Franxis posted on Jul 19 2006 at 03:02 PM said:
Weeee, with Cyclone 0.0086 games like Golden Axe or Altered Beast run perfectly in MAME :) !.

Nice! Between the MMU hack and new cyclone core MAME 2.4 should be quite a release!!

naples39 posted on Jul 19 2006 at 10:03 PM said:
Franxis posted on Jul 19 2006 at 03:02 PM said:
Weeee, with Cyclone 0.0086 games like Golden Axe or Altered Beast run perfectly in MAME :) !.

Nice! Between the MMU hack and new cyclone core MAME 2.4 should be quite a release!!

Eheheh... :lol: Phenomenal version of the Mamegp2x could be one! :p

Back