Custom TV-out cable

Which length you prefer (circa)?

• Total voters

I'm getting more and more demand of TV out cables in PM. I'll gladly supply all of them BUT please be patient :) I'll still waiting for EXT port connectors and ordered only few samples of RCA, S-Video and Jacks. In poll I see that deman is quite high and I can stay that I have enough connectors ordered. If I need more connectors then I'll hope that WizardStan could supply them.

---

I'll have to make some prototypes at first. It seems that easiest way could be just buy PSP TV-Out cable cut original jack and solder proper connector. It brings cable up to 2.5 m (about 8 ft) and outputs S-Video, RCA composite, RCA stereo audio. This missing audio in and if I don't find longer PSP video cable it stay in limited length. I can extend it but it will not have so nice looking.

---

For those that like to have audio in too, I chose multiline cable. But branching cable on the end will be elaborate :-/ I thinking about tiny breakout board, that make this easier, speed things up, but take some initial time :-/

===

Please wait with cable orders. When I'll be ready, I'll post detail information and then again - please be patient as I'm only single man and must do my primary job and care about family too. I'll gladly help this nice community to have more pleasure with Pandora :)

EDIT: Oh, Length of cable should be set individually. Cables longer than 2.5 m (8 ft) I'll have to make individually similar way as those with audio in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Peca....I am extremely interested, I voted 10ft. composite male, I would also like a shorter one too, and S-video male of the 10ft. 3 cables total, hopefully that's not being greedy with you receiving so many requests. I'll wait to see when you're ready for grabbing some cash for your services...a big THANK you!

I'm game.

If I were to get a video adapter for my Pandora (definitely willing to go for a custom made one in the long and potentially endless wait for the official cable), It'd be very short (perhaps even less than 10", say maybe half that) and it'd have female adapters for S-video and RCA audio. If it were under $30 I'd buy it right away, and as long as it isn't over $50 I'd probably buy it a month or two later if no one else is making them cheaper. All prices are in USD and are assumed to include shipping to the eastern coast of the US.

That being said, if someone were selling an adapter under $50 that meets the previous specifications right this second (and ships in the next 7 days) I'd probably buy it to have an early copy.

Do you guys think this would be useful for those new Pocket Projectors you can buy? I heard a lot of them are S-Video and Composite only.

That being said, if someone were selling an adapter under $50 that meets the previous specifications right this second (and ships in the next 7 days) I'd probably buy it to have an early copy.

Just don't get too hasty. Keep in mind that at the moment all connectors are at WizardStan. He didn't even started sending them away to people who could make such cables and when he starts it propbably wouldn't be just one day (imagine all that counting.packing, addressing, going to post office...)

I can also say that I would love to have a Pandora tv-out cable, when available. Just keep the price around $35 or less and I'm in :) . S-Video for me is preferred, I guess cable length doesn't matter too much to me (I'm fine with just picking up a few extension cables if necessary), and audio in would be cool too, I'm fine having to pay extra (over $35) for that. Can't wait for orders to be available!

im in, i dont visit the boards as often anymore, so hopefully i dont miss this post about being able to order them! :D exciting, but i dont want to have to ask OPT for my refund on a cable because they couldnt provide 1, kinda choked about them keeping mouths shut on these since we all payed for 1!

OK, because I have nothing to do (beside my job, wife, children, garden,...) till connectors and other material for cables arrive, I sorting tiny PCBs for break out EXT port conductors. I thing that if I let make hundred or two of them it will be cheap. And messing with EXT port will be much easier :)

3 m / 10 ft male RCA (composite video + stereo audio) Audio in

My Vote! ^ =D I hadn't seen this thread before. I will gladly pay to have a slightly customized TV out cable, audio in will be sweet!

I ordered 100 m 7 line shielded cable at last. This allow to make length on demamd. On one end will be tinyBoB soldered into EXT port connector and on opposite end it will has another tiny board for easy soldering short cables with demanded connectors. I'll test if longer cable can be make (5 or 10 meters) for those which have big TV in big flat :)

---

As I think that Tiny BoB will be good stuff for HW hacking I'll let make 1000 (one thousand) of this PCB to get better price. I could sell it with connectors to get money back. This tiny PSB would fit into USB A housing and if some body want, I'll can bundle it too. This housing coast something like $0.6 - $0.7 or so. Tiny BoB would be something like this one in attachment but better quality: tinybob.png (edit: grid is raster per 1 mm)

---

I waiting for connectors from WS, their are shipped already.

This is a lovely initiative. I'm kind of interested, if the following can be produced:

10 cm stump (or shorter).

3.5mm stereo in.

RCA composite video out.

And maybe (depending on how much it would affect the cost to include):stereo out (RCA or 3.5mm, doesn't matter); s-video.

All female.

This looks great! Will definitely order one, if/when you offer them for sale. :) Already ordered one from OP, but this would be great!

This is a lovely initiative. I'm kind of interested, if the following can be produced:

10 cm stump (or shorter).

3.5mm stereo in.

RCA composite video out.

And maybe (depending on how much it would affect the cost to include):stereo out (RCA or 3.5mm, doesn't matter); s-video.

All female.
I'm going for something similar: short and female only, but thing I'll stick with S-Video only. If I'm going to use additional, longer cable connected to those females I can just use one with S-Video DIN plug on one side and composite RCA on the other, like this one:

sku_4723_1.jpg

Back