Current Status Of All The Parts

matzesu said:
So 1000 Carry Cases, dos this mean in the rare circle of Pandora owners (4000) , i am in the Rarest Circle of Pandora Carry Case Owners (1000)
Thats awesome.. :lol:

Nupfi said:
Glad that I've ordered the case too. :)
It feels much more complete.

Same here, I also ordered a TV-out cable to have a full OP kit :p ... so, it turns out that OP original carry cases are gonna be even rarer than the Pandoras. They should be numbered! (just joking)

I wonder how many people ordered the TV-Out cable...

Last edited by a moderator:
As of today, Craig posted they already have the parts to build 1,500 pandoras (but the cases, of course).

However, no exact details are given. We still don't know if batteries are out of customs nor how many batteries are ready.

Cuetzpalin said:
As of today, Craig posted they already have the parts to build 1,500 pandoras (but the cases, of course).

However, no exact details are given. We still don't know if batteries are out of customs nor how many batteries are ready.

The 4000 batteries have been released by customs. I'm expecting them to get here on monday.

B-ZaR said:
^ now where's that cheerleader emoticon...

BB to the rescue

static.gif

Attachments

• static.gif
    static.gif
    10.1 KB · Views: 116
Slowly slowly it is all coming together.

Obviously it is easy to see why so many other projects have failed in the past, what is more interesting is the absolute determination required to bring a product like this to market.

The strange thing is doing it again would be pretty easy, it's just this first bloody time which is the nightmare!

static.gif
static.gif
static.gif
static.gif
static.gif

Thanks, BB!

Attachments

• static.gif
    static.gif
    10.1 KB · Views: 113
  • static.gif
    static.gif
    10.1 KB · Views: 108
  • static.gif
    static.gif
    10.1 KB · Views: 110
  • static.gif
    static.gif
    10.1 KB · Views: 111
  • static.gif
    static.gif
    10.1 KB · Views: 111
craigix said:

Obviously it is easy to see why so many other projects have failed in the past, what is more interesting is the absolute determination required to bring a product like this to market.

The strange thing is doing it again would be pretty easy, it's just this first bloody time which is the nightmare!

Never say that. Second time seems easy before, because now you know a lot nwo. But IF you really start, you'll find plenty NEW hassles. There are a lot more volcanoes out there. :)

Katla is still calm sais my webcam (very hazy this morning in Iceland) but cases are not shipped yet so I guess it's preparing.

I hope UPS treats the batteries well...especially no "you weren't there and we did not want to put it in the Gardening Center again, so we placed them on your porch in the rain." A Number 17 of course (On the McKeena-Scale of Mr. Adams).

craigix said:

Thank you for that. I've still got nothing but love and respect for you Craig. :)

@ BB

Thank you. :)

craigix said:

Reading the "What app will you use first" thread reminds me of how excited we all are to share a bit of history with the first batch of Pandori, and perhaps why your team were prepared to put so much effort in the first place. I hope that the sales of the first batch will get you guys as close as possible to "Break even" but more importantly the experience and network you have built should allow future more profitable projects to grow.

The Open Pandora project is important on many levels, and assuming you get it into final production, (If those cases arrive!) then another revenue stream might be found by teaming up with a writer to document the story. There is so much interesting stuff around this project. The use of twitter, forums, blogs & "information scrapers", the ups & downs, the setbacks, the successes. It's been a real rollercoaster for team OP & the community that has followed you.

The world would be a boring place if there weren't people with the spirit & drive to do something new. It would be absurd to think that all of us would have made exactly the same calls and decisions as your team, but I am quite sure that you have to "Be there" to really understand the pressure and angst these setbacks have caused.

With this post I'd just say don't let the b**stards get you down, and if the pandori finally get shipped, you & your team will have achieved an amazing feat and hopefully the skills, partners and experience gained will allow you to produce more profitable devices.

It's allowed to make kick arse products & make a buck or two! :)

PS: I don't know what the correct english for Pandora in plural, so tried Pandori...

CapcomSuicide said:
PS: I don't know what the correct english for Pandora in plural, so tried Pandori...
It is a plain noun, so you just add an s (no apostrophe), this makes the correct plural: Πανδώραs

I agree, and I'm sure most of the customers here do. I think this is the closest thing to the days back when Silicon Valley garages saw the creation of the personal computing revolution.

CapcomSuicide said:

Pandori is incorrect. That plural, as seen in latin words from the second declension (i.e. campus, campi or alumnus, alumni) would work if Pandora was latin. But Pandora is a greek proper name.

The plural for Pandora, as transliteration from the greek plural Πανδώραι would be Pandorai... However, I'd think it is ok to use Pandoras.

WombleGoneBad said:
It is a plain noun, so you just add an s (no apostrophe), this makes the correct plural: Πανδώραs

Actually, Πανδώρας would be genitive, not plural. And the origin is not a "plain noun", but in this case it has mutated to a common noun, yes... that's why I agree that Pandoras is ok if we pluralize it as most english common nouns. Bear in mind, however, that "Πανδώραs" is not a correct greek plural.

Cuetzpalin said:
I agree, and I'm sure most of the customers here do. I think this is the closest thing to the days back when Silicon Valley garages saw the creation of the personal computing revolution.

CapcomSuicide said:

Pandori is incorrect. That plural, as seen in latin words from the second declension (i.e. campus, campi or alumnus, alumni) would work if Pandora was latin. But Pandora is a greek proper name.

The plural for Pandora, as transliteration from the greek plural Πανδώραι would be Pandorai... However, I'd think it is ok to use Pandoras.

Actually Pandores -> Πανδώρες , I am Greek ... and I am entitled to correct it :p

Ikarus said:
Actually Pandores -> Πανδώρες , I am Greek ... and I am entitled to correct it :p

Is that modern greek or ancient greek? I forgot everything I knew about declensions for proper names in plural, all I remember is that the only use they gave to plural proper names were to refer to statues. I thought that the declension model was the same for plurals as for common nouns and was too lazy to look up in my old text books.

It is cool to have a greek member to clarify this! Are you a fellow pre-orderer?

Cuetzpalin said:
Ikarus said:

Is that modern greek or ancient greek? I forgot everything I knew about declensions for proper names in plural, all I remember is that the only use they gave to plural proper names were to refer to statues. I thought that the declension model was the same for plurals as for common nouns and was too lazy to look up in my old text books.

It is cool to have a greek member to clarify this! Are you a fellow pre-orderer?

Thats modern Greek actually .. Pandores->Πανδώρες (Modern Greek), Pandorai->Πανδωραι (Ancient Greek) . Normally is not used as Pandora is one/unique, but can be used poetically or with an allegorical meaning.

And yeap I am a fellow preorderer :) , I live in UK, order number 14xx :)

Ikarus said:
Cuetzpalin said:
Ikarus said:

Thats modern Greek actually .. Pandores->Πανδώρες (Modern Greek), Pandorai->Πανδωραι (Ancient Greek) . Normally is not used as Pandora is one/unique, but can be used poetically or with an allegorical meaning.

And yeap I am a fellow preorderer :) , I live in UK, order number 14xx :)

-What does that say?
-It says "Romans go home!"
-No it doesn't it says "The Romans they go into the house"

sorry couldn't resist :)

Thanks!

I used to be majoring in classics for my 2nd major some years ago, but... well, life is not easy... good to have an actual greek to clarify things here.

Using it to refer to a bunch of Open Pandoras surely is poetic.

BTW, it would be interesting to have a list of the countries were the first batch pandoras are going. Obviously, not now, but when they have some free time. I wonder if I'm the only mexican who preordered.

Cuetzpalin said:
Thanks!

I used to be majoring in classics for my 2nd major some years ago, but... well, life is not easy... good to have an actual greek to clarify things here.

Using it to refer to a bunch of Open Pandoras surely is poetic.

BTW, it would be interesting to have a list of the countries were the first batch pandoras are going. Obviously, not now, but when they have some free time. I wonder if I'm the only mexican who preordered.

Thanks for the update on the plural for Pandora fellas. :)

I'm in Norway, and also wonder if there are many coming over the mountains. We mostly just getting egg smelling ash these days, so it will be fun with something different!

Back