CRAIG! SINCE YOU WON"T RESPOND TO ANY EMAIL OR FORUM PM, PLEASE SEE THIS.

I don't think someone who paid for something, and waited through two years of delays for it to be shipped needs to be lectured on patience. And I think, given the situation, his frustration is justified. Although, the way he's expressing it probably isn't helping his cause.

As instantaneous as email might theoretically be, it's a very lazy and low priority method of communication which is very prone to back-log and extremely easy to ignore. In fact, the benefit of email is that you can ignore it and deal with it at your own pace.

To dive into the forum vomiting all-caps requests for an immediate response, when there exists a communication device designed specifically to elicit an immediate response is... somewhat misguided.

See, now that guy ^ (quartercast) is a troll.

As annoying as I've been today, I can't say I'd prefer that.

Awww, I was just poking fun at your little tantrum :)

After reading the other thread and seeing how much other people tried to help you (especially ED), and how you basically threw their goodwill back in their faces, I hesitate to see how you can expect people to take you seriously.

Have patience man! The unit is being shipped back to the the OP team and they will reship it. The world is not over! Calm down and hold off the Caps lock for now on. Thanks.

Ok.... You've waited two years (first day preorder, obviously, as only first days have gone out).

You got your shipping email 3 weeks ago.

You've found out that you're not getting your pandora (for what, another month and a half on top of that, since it'll take another few weeks to get back to them, and then another few weeks to get reshipped to you) because someone else made a mistake on the addressing?

I've been patient. I've been incredibly patient. But when a company has made a mistake, not just a production problem, but a preventable mistake, I want them to take some charge in fixing it, not wait another week, cause, "Hey, it'll get there"

That's the attitude of a pothead, not a group of professionals. Which one would they rather be seen as? Which one are you asking me to see them as? I'd be offended by your comment if I was the OPT, frostedfires.
Actually I am 3100-3200 in line, have waited a year and a half and still do not have my unit yet. Oh, and thanks for calling me a pothead, shows some real maturity and putting full caps in your title and part of your first post shows some "professionalism." The team is super busy filled with tons of customer question and busy filling orders. There are only a few of them you know... So grow a pair and patiently wait for your email. If Jacquelyn is the person you ordered from then wait a few days because I know she is "stuffed" with lots of emails a day! Something like 200 a day I heard once. Well good luck and if you ever want to buy any pot just send me a PM :p Just kidding....

Actually I am 3100-3200 in line, have waited a year and a half and still do not have my unit yet. Oh, and thanks for calling me a pothead, shows some real maturity and putting full caps in your title and part of your first post shows some "professionalism." The team is super busy filled with tons of customer question and busy filling orders. There are only a few of them you know... So grow a pair and patiently wait for your email. If Jacquelyn is the person you ordered from then wait a few days because I know she is "stuffed" with lots of emails a day! Something like 200 a day I heard once. Well good luck and if you ever want to buy any pot just send me a PM :p Just kidding....

Let me take this a line at a time.

A: You've waited a year and a half? good for you. In five months, you can tell me to be patient. I'm pretty sure I've earned my Patience Merit Badge.

B: I did not call you a pothead. I said you were telling me to act like one, or telling me to expect the OPT to act like one. There is a difference, but if you're not going to pay attention to that, why bother?

C: I am not the "Professional" in this situation. I am buying from Professionals. Again, there is a difference.

D: They may well be busy. But Craig said "We'll be finished with all the emails tomorrow", and it's been 24 hours since he posted that.

I still don't have an email from them.

So where do we go from here?

Oh come on. Give this guy a break. He's just frustrated that after all this waiting he gets to wait more because of a human error. Sure, the thread title is a bit over the top, but he seems to be a level headed fellow besides that. Read the first post and compare it to his latter posts. He's clearly calmed down, but people keeping up badgering him with insults doesn't help. No, I don't want to see more threads like this that try to get the attention of OPT with all caps titles, but I say there's nothing to see here anymore, move along. :)

Sorry but he is overeacting! i got my pandora after being a first day pre-order and what happens it was DOA, then had to return another two due to nubs. Frustrating as it was, its not worth all this attitude, i just rang craigs store, popped it in the post and waited simples!

Original was probably refering to the south park episode where cartman's playing school police (the guy who collects hall passes - I don't remember how this "job" was called)

It was called "hallway monitor"

...and so I've proven once again that I will forget all birthday dates of my friends and family, but I have a whaleload full of stupid knowledge that doesn't serve any other purpose than to be mr. smartypants on a forum ;)

+44 (0) 191 243 2253

Opening hours are 10am to 4pm, GMT/BST Monday to Friday. At time of writing you have an hour to call in. Good luck.

Otherwise, I'm fairly certain that your waking hours must co-incide at least partially with this window.

As someone who contacts public relations bods on a very frequent basis, I can attest to the benefits of picking up a phone. It elicits an immediate response and is far more personal and professional than simply throwing emails at someone and hoping they eventually answer.

+44 (0) 191 243 2253

Opening hours are 10am to 4pm, GMT/BST Monday to Friday. At time of writing you have an hour to call in. Good luck.

Otherwise, I'm fairly certain that your waking hours must co-incide at least partially with this window.

As someone who contacts public relations bods on a very frequent basis, I can attest to the benefits of picking up a phone. It elicits an immediate response and is far more personal and professional than simply throwing emails at someone and hoping they eventually answer.
I already provided the telephone number on February 9th in the thread linked to in the parent post of this thread. Unfortunately, according to the response, it didn't seem to be suitable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry but he is overeacting! i got my pandora after being a first day pre-order and what happens it was DOA, then had to return another two due to nubs. Frustrating as it was, its not worth all this attitude, i just rang craigs store, popped it in the post and waited simples!

From your language, I'd guess you are within the UK. Popping it in the post and getting it dealt with for you is a couple of days.

Just getting to the point where it failed was almost three weeks for me.

Let me repeat that. The amount of time you spent from getting yours to getting your replacement is less time than one leg of my pandora's shipping journey. The experience is different enough that it doesn't really apply to me.

+44 (0) 191 243 2253

I already provided the telephone number on February 9th in the thread linked to in the parent post of this thread. Unfortunately, according to the response, it didn't seem to be suitable.

You did, Prometheus, and I did appreciate it. But the fact is, (especially in this internet age) that paying somewhere in the range of 20 cents a minute so that I can make a phone call at 2 AM to get a hold of a company to inform them of their shipping error was not really an option. Some form of Skype or Instant Messaging really is a necessity for international trade if emails are going to take a week to get through.

And on that note, I have received an email back from Jacquelyn, who did almost exactly what I'd hoped: checked the tracking information and shipped me a replacement unit, to the correct address (confirmed in the email), without forcing me to wait for the package to get back to them before shipping out a new one. The only thing I'd have preferred is if they had shipped it using a faster method to compensate for the addressing mistake. So it's still going to take another few weeks.

Once they finally got to my email, they took care of it as I hoped.

Shame that it took an entire business week to get to it.

If there's a mod out there who would lock or delete this thread, it's served its purpose, as has this account.

Last edited by a moderator:
You did, Prometheus, and I did appreciate it. But the fact is, (especially in this internet age) that paying somewhere in the range of 20 cents a minute so that I can make a phone call at 2 AM to get a hold of a company to inform them of their shipping error was not really an option. Some form of Skype or Instant Messaging really is a necessity for international trade if emails are going to take a week to get through.
I'm glad it was appreciated. I try my best. :p Regarding Skype, though, sepp256 mentioned in that thread that apparently international calling via Skype may have been a cheaper option - was that unsuitable also? (I ask purely because I'm genuinely curious. Skype isn't something I've ever had any need to use, to date, so I know nothing about it.)

And on that note, I have received an email back from Jacquelyn, who did almost exactly what I'd hoped: checked the tracking information and shipped me a replacement unit, to the correct address (confirmed in the email), without forcing me to wait for the package to get back to them before shipping out a new one. The only thing I'd have preferred is if they had shipped it using a faster method to compensate for the addressing mistake. So it's still going to take another few weeks.

Once they finally got to my email, they took care of it as I hoped.
Now that's what I like to hear. I'm glad they've seen you right. :) I hope you enjoy your Pandora once you get it - it's a tremendously useful little machine.

paying somewhere in the range of 20 cents a minute

Don't you guys pay to * receive* text messages?

Oh well. Picking up the phone would have saved you a forum trip, account registration, frustration and a drawn out rant. I value my minutes at a lot more than 20c, and I'm sure you do too.

Doesn't stop me from wasting them ranting back though. Ho ho ho!

Have fun with the Pandora.

Back