Cps2emu Test Version 5

Sometimes games seems to run faster they must run o_O
I have fps counter on screen and it does not overpass 60 fps(100%) but it seems to run over that.
Has this emu fps limiter?

Is it posible to see the entire screen-game in no rescale mode? Both sides are lost.I prefer bigger black bars up and down if i can see entire game.
CPS1 games in MAME have the same problem.If you use no reecale mode it´s beautiful and perfect but the sides are lost :( Ghouls and Ghost for example.

How would you see the whole screen without scaling :rolleyes: The CPSn was 384 and the GP2X is 320 horizontal. You either have to scale or crop, those are the 2 options.

Yes, you are right :D
In SW mode can we see in all games both sides?
In SW mode the aspect ratio is 1:1 like original?

Thank you DaveC ;)

Sorry for my bad english, i dont understand how you can read me :D

Last edited by a moderator:
This version's just amazing!

I altered the launch script to lower the CPU speed to 80% (kinda confusing to do, I had to enter -20 for the cpu core value), and also to use the CPU and LCD tweaker to lower the RAM timings. All the games I can fit on my spare card run great!

Yes, you are right :D
In SW mode can we see in all games both sides?
In SW mode the aspect ratio is 1:1 like original?

Thank you DaveC ;)

Yes you can see the whole screen using the scaling. Aspect looks about right. The SW scaling looks best. HW scaling may be a bit smoother but it stretches vertically too making it pixellated, it doesn't look good.

I use 1:1 in many games when missing the sides doesn't matter much as it is the sharpest.

Great work, Ell!

In case you're reading this: Obviously, it's more important to get the technical parts working, but when you get to the playability stuff, a commandline option to register Button 1 and Button 3 pressed at the same time as Buttons 1+2+3 being pressed (and the same with 4 and 6 as 4+5+6) would be really useful. The new button layout makes the 3xButton moves easier to pull off (they appear in both the Street Fighter games for several characters and the VS games), but it's still hard because of the shoulder buttons. :)

Hi,
It's absolutly not finished, but you can play easily with all options.
http://jycet.perso.cegetel.net/programmes/capex_beta1.rar

capex_beta1.png

Quick help:
RED=no roms
GREEN= rom detected but no cache
BLUE= rom & cache detected

A = run
SELECT = options
START = quit

(No save ATM)

;)

This is really making some nice progress. I just tried some SSF2, and depending on the level, I was getting 25-40 FPS with software scaling on (which looks really nice), 11khz sound, 250mhz. HW scaling is quite playable too, and definitely provides a fps boost, though the fps counter didn't seem to show in that mode, so I can't say exactly how fast. The great thing about all this though is that the true SSF2 arcade version runs faster on this emu than the SNES version does on squidgesnes!! Nice work.

The command line options and initial release of JyCet's frontend is excellent too. Future releases should be really great. I also 2nd DaveC's request of possibly throwing CPS1 emulation in there too if possible at some point. Nice work all around.

Hm, I'm having the same issue with Progear. It worked on all releases up until this. It's the US ROM (necessary to run the other Progear ROMsets). Loads up, "Game Start", then crashes to the menu.

Hm, I'm having the same issue with Progear. It worked on all releases up until this. It's the US ROM (necessary to run the other Progear ROMsets). Loads up, "Game Start", then crashes to the menu.
lot of people have reported this, it has worked with test 4 but not after this version

lot of people have reported this, it has worked with test 4 but not after this version
Nope works fine on mine, though I am using my own compiled version with the 16MB cache mod.

EDIT:

If you wish to try my compile version, PM me and I can provide you with a link to download, but I don't want to make it public.

Nice one, JyCet.

Do you & slaanesh have any way to contact Ell to share optimizations, etc?

btw Ell if you're reading, you rock hard.

Nope works fine on mine, though I am using my own compiled version with the 16MB cache mod.

EDIT:

If you wish to try my compile version, PM me and I can provide you with a link to download, but I don't want to make it public.
Same problem with your build the game launch but nothing and then return to the GPH menu

Same problem with your build the game launch but nothing and then return to the GPH menu

Okay, did you create a cache file? Is it the correct version? What version ROM are you using? It should be from the latest MAME ROM set. Also, you need to use the base ROM Progear (US 010117).

Do you & slaanesh have any way to contact Ell to share optimizations, etc?

I don't but I'm trying to post anything I find on this forum.

Aparently there's a romcnv for Mac OS X users now available:

http://dl.qj.net/MacX_romcnv-PSP-Homebrew-...12303/catid/151

I haven't tried it.

Hi guys, great release Ell, thanks for the frontend too JyCet :)

Wondering, does this test version use the same cache files or should I start converting my roms again? I guess since no one said they had trouble with cache files they're the same, right?

Edit: I forgot, you made my day by adding support for TV out and USB pads, another thank you Ell :)

Slaanesh, that was very fast, thank you so much :)
Another thank you for what you are doing, all these recompilation tests are (I guess) giving Ell some help, and you top it all with not hijacking his port by releasing this publicly, respects man :)

EDIT:

You have a magic GP2X. Progear still bombs on your compile, and 1944 no longer works.

I am on FW 2.0 if that makes a difference.

You have a magic GP2X. Progear still bombs on your compile, and 1944 no longer works.

I am on FW 2.0 if that makes a difference.

Very odd. But there must be an explanation.
I have FW2.11. Running @ 250Mhz. Running from the standard GP2x menu. No utilties are running, nor is samba, ftpd or telnetd.

I've successfully used both the following options when running games.

--sound --hw-rescale --samplerate= 11025, --68kclock=-20, --z80clock=-20

--sound --sw-rescale --samplerate= 11025, --68kclock=-20, --z80clock=-20 --showfps

So far all game's i've tested work: ddtod, ddsom, 1944, progear, xmcota, gigawing, mmatrix.

Back