Cps2emu Test Version 4

I'm getting a crash, something about CRCs not matching and CPU1. I'm guessing this is something to do with the cache files, anyone care to confirm/help?

Having great luck with this emulator so far, Truly impressive for such an early release. Ive experienced the "Casche Crash" as well, but only on the following games when using the .106 romset.

Marvel Super Heroes
Marvel VS Capcom
Armored Warriors
Cyberbots: Full Metal Madness

Has anyone else gotten these games to work?

The only other bug I've encountered is that when playing "Gigawing", halfway through stage 1 during frenetic battle the top part of the screen goes black bar for a second. This was really annoying :angry: til I figured out I could use a Smart bomb to vaporize everything on the screen until the glitch passed then just continue playing.

Many thanks to the porter of this emulator! Its looking amazing thus far! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting a crash, something about CRCs not matching and CPU1. I'm guessing this is something to do with the cache files, anyone care to confirm/help?

Having great luck with this emulator so far, Truly impressive for such an early release. Ive experienced the "Casche Crash" as well, but only on the following games when using the .106 romset.

Marvel Super Heroes
Marvel VS Capcom
Armored Warriors
Cyberbots: Full Metal Madness

Has anyone else gotten these games to work?
Yes to have a working Marvel Super Heroes you have to creat an .cache file with one of this roms mshvsfu.zip, mshvsfu1.zip, mshvsfj.zip & mshvsfj1.zip and put them to your SD card with the parent rom mshvsf.zip

Yes to have a working Marvel VS Capcom you have to creat an .cache file with one of this roms mvscu.zip, mvscj.zip, mvscjr1.zip & mvscar1.zip and put them to your SD card with the parent rom mvsc.zip

Yes to have a working Armored Warriors you have to creat an .cache file with one of this roms armwarr1.zip , armwaru.zip and put them to your SD card with the parent rom armwar.zip

Yes to have a working Cyberbots: Full Metal Madness you have to creat an .cache file with one of this roms cybotsu.zip, cybotsj.zip and put them to your SD card with the parent rom cybots.zip

I've made some very little change in emumain.c file in the source to add some command line options:
Code:
autoframeskip=off
autoframeskip=on
sound=on
sound=off
samplerate=11025
samplerate=22050
samplerate=44100
showfps

It work very nice under windows but unfortunately, I cant compile for gp2x :(
This file is here:
http://jycet.perso.cegetel.net/programmes/emumain.c

@slaanesh
Did you do something of special to successfully compil for gp2x ?
I've always the same error :
Code:
p2x/src/cpu/cyclone/m68000.o: In function `m68000_init':
src/cpu/cyclone/m68000.c:89: undefined reference to `CycloneInit'
gp2x/src/cpu/cyclone/m68000.o: In function `m68000_execute':
src/cpu/cyclone/m68000.c:126: undefined reference to `CycloneRun'
gp2x/src/cpu/drz80/z80.o: In function `z80_execute':
src/cpu/drz80/z80.c:118: undefined reference to `DrZ80Run'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make.exe: *** [cps2emu.gpe] Error 1

Exécution terminée

I've gotten the following to run by making a cache file of the largest rom dump, example, 18 - 22 meg. I then start it with the rom mate that is only 1 or 2 megs. Example, I made a cache of mvsc and use mvscu to start the game.

Marvel Super Heroes
Marvel VS Capcom
Marvel vs Streetfighter

Running the CPU speed at 275 makes the games very smooth, except for Mars Matrix. It is still somewhat choppy, but more playable than it has ever been at the slower speeds. I found out using this emu that 275 was my top stable CPU speed. And I only run it at that speed using my AC adapter. I was afraid of the battery life at that speed. My fear may be unwarranted though, I normally run it at 266. My battery life seems satisfactory at that speed.

How would I go about changing the cpu clock speed in this emu? I don't see an option for it, the default is 250mhz, I'd like to ramp it up a bit.

@JyCet:

No problems compiling, just set up the Makefile.

I'm using Windows, Cygwin and the devkitGP2X to get it all going. I just changed the path for the DEVKIT var in the Makefile.

I compiled your emumain.c no problem.

@JyCet:

No problems compiling, just set up the Makefile.

I'm using Windows, Cygwin and the devkitGP2X to get it all going. I just changed the path for the DEVKIT var in the Makefile.

I compiled your emumain.c no problem.

Could you please post the compiled emumain.c file? Or maybe quick instructions to compile the src?
I'd really like to see how this emulator runs without sound or with only 11025.

Thank you

Could you please post the compiled emumain.c file? Or maybe quick instructions to compile the src?
I can upload my build if people want. I'd like the ask the author Ell but I don't know how to get in contact with him. Does anyone see any problems with uploading a variant build? I can't do at the moment as I am at work.

If you want to run the emulator with out sound, reduce the volume to 0; the code detects this and then stops emulating the sound hardware; though the Z80 may still be running, qsound is not.

You will see a difference.

I can upload my build if people want. I'd like the ask the author Ell but I don't know how to get in contact with him. Does anyone see any problems with uploading a variant build? I can't do at the moment as I am at work.

If you want to run the emulator with out sound, reduce the volume to 0; the code detects this and then stops emulating the sound hardware; though the Z80 may still be running, qsound is not.

How about if we want to try 11025? I don't like playing with no sound at all but I can do with a lower sample rate.

Well thats a pretty nice tip. Pretty smart software I guess

Thank you, I hadn't thought to try that

I've had a look at the cache algorithm; I believe it's not taking full advantage of the GP2X's 64MB.

So I followed the code through and made a change so that it will always try to maximize the usage.

Now, DDSOM will allocate a full 16MB cache (even though it wants 24MB). Previously it would only allocate ~8MB, which must have caused a fair bit of slow down as the cache thrashed.

Now to get some FPS action happening, as I want to see what speed this thing is running at.

Any call on uploading custom compiled versions? I don't have any personal hosting space available, so I would just upload to gp2x.de

@slaanesh:
thanks for your answer, I didnt realized than a simple directory modification follow by make worked.
Now I can play with the source :)

I've had a look at the cache algorithm; I believe it's not taking full advantage of the GP2X's 64MB.

So I followed the code through and made a change so that it will always try to maximize the usage.

Now, DDSOM will allocate a full 16MB cache (even though it wants 24MB). Previously it would only allocate ~8MB, which must have caused a fair bit of slow down as the cache thrashed.

does this mean we don't need these large cache files? good to know :)

Back