COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, ED is vaxxed, right? I just read that Germany plans to lock all the unvaccinated people in cages and poke them with pointy sticks.

AIDS still screwing the world in 2021. Don't these guys have Biktarvy?
I can't easily read msn news articles any more, but I'd have thought that given HIV is a Lentivirus and SARS-Covid-19 is a Coronavirus, there wouldn't be much spontaneous combination because one is a DNA based retrovirus and the other is an RNA based virus that simply infects the outer part of cells outside the nucleus.

And I guess much of Africa doesn't have Biktarvy yet because it was only approved for use in the west in 2018 and thus I'd expect is out of the budget for many africans if there's even a supply chain.

@levi The article's theory is that Omicron emerged in a person who was infected for a very long time, and thus was probably immunocompromised.

Good news, everyone. The second US case of Omicron has been found in a Minnesota traveler who just returned from... you guessed it... New York City. We're doomed.

Good news, everyone. The second US case of Omicron has been found in a Minnesota traveler who just returned from... you guessed it... New York City. We're doomed.
Not only NYC. Apparently the man came from a Anime fair gathering 53000 people. :(

Knowing Germany the un-injected there will probably get off easy. Just one single shower and then the government will never bother them again.
Totally unrelated to this topic, but I wondered: What did they tell people before they were send to a camp?
In the Dutch camp, which sounds like a more luxury camp, they apparently said:
"The subterfuge maintained the illusion that the camp’s inmates were sent to work camps, giving them hope and an incentive to comply with orders that helped ensure Westerbork’s deadly efficiency..."
Source (2017): https://www.haaretz.com/world-news/...ore-sending-them-to-the-death-camps-1.5492545
One other note on the bottom of the article: "When disaster happens slowly, in installments, people have a tendency to accept each installment".

Third US Omicron case confirmed in Colorado. I'm getting bored of this one at a time deal. I wanna open the floodgates, like in Oslo.
While bored. Did you check out the self replicating Xenobots 3.0?
They look like pac-man.
Source: https://wyss.harvard.edu/news/team-builds-first-living-robots-that-can-reproduce/
Xenobot.png
left=baby Xenobot, right=parent Xenobot.

Unlike Covid, these bots are harmless...

YES! My theory about 2months (tm) being the irreducible time-span has become a reality!

So that means 6 booster shots per year! Woot!

I just hope they don't release the 30+% variant...

Totally unrelated to this topic, but I wondered: What did they tell people before they were send to a camp?
In the Dutch camp, which sounds like a more luxury camp, they apparently said:
"The subterfuge maintained the illusion that the camp’s inmates were sent to work camps, giving them hope and an incentive to comply with orders that helped ensure Westerbork’s deadly efficiency..."
Source (2017): https://www.haaretz.com/world-news/...ore-sending-them-to-the-death-camps-1.5492545
One other note on the bottom of the article: "When disaster happens slowly, in installments, people have a tendency to accept each installment".
And it happens under the guise of combating some supposed terrible enemy. Every Orwellian regime needs to establish an enemy to scare people into giving up their human rights. And giving up human rights always turns out to not be worth it.

Nazi Germany is a great case study when combined with good self-reflection. No, we are not inherently smarter than our ancestors so that we would not need to watch out for these kinds of Orwellian regimes. We cannot just "feel" whether our governments are being honest without doing proper research. And just like in Nazi Germany were the news was filled with Nazi propaganda, just watching the news does not constitute proper research.

YES! My theory about 2months (tm) being the irreducible time-span has become a reality!

So that means 6 booster shots per year! Woot!

I just hope they don't release the 30+% variant...
Actually, an injection every 2 Months™ means that you only have to take 1 every 6 years. 2 Months™ may be shorter than 2 Weeks to Flatten the Curve®, but it is still pretty long.

what "human rights" are most important to you?
I am not sure, actually. Many are really good, though. I like 13.2, 18, 19, and 20.1 a lot. 13.2 is about travelling to other countries and 18, 19, and 20.1 can serve as protection against Orwellian regimes. 21.2 is noteworthy because I expect it to be one of the early rights to be discriminately removed from the population, as was also done in Nazi Germany.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back