COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is my daughters sports day. I am not allowed to attend since restrictions increased this week. It's a huge loss, I treasure this type of event. And it's especially stupid because covid (awesomely) doesn't affect children and I am less likely to get it because I am white.

Dont stay indoors.. check.

Gauge does not show good data... shutdown gauge.

What does that last part have to do with what I said? That story refers to him apparently being affected by a vaccine, not by Covid-19.

Oh right, they're never reported on that in the UK, just that if you're vaccinated you might still get the disease, but you're less likely to get sick enough to have to go to hospital. And a significant minority of people that are vaccinated still end up in hospital due to covid, but they haven't broken it down to individual cases yet.

My test results just came back. Negative. I still swear I had something, but I guess it wasn't COVID-19.

There is a staff around here who coughs a lot lately that says it's a cold they got. I could've gotten a regular cold from them.

Reactions: rSl
in America, the overwhelming majority of deaths due to Covid-19 are among unvaccinated:

particularly notable:

And CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said on Tuesday that the vaccine is so effective that “nearly every death, especially among adults, due to COVID-19, is, at this point, entirely preventable.” She called such deaths “particularly tragic.”

While vaccine remains scarce in much of the world, the U.S. supply is so abundant and demand has slumped so dramatically that shots sit unused.

New covid vaccine:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SOBERANA_02

It's non mRNA. And will be offered to tourists flying to Cuba.

presented with style:

They seem to start having effectiveness data.
They say Soberana is 62% after 2 doses (but they're planning to give 3 doses).
And one of their other vaccines, Abdala, is claimed 92,5% effective. But I don't know, if they don't have a nice song to promote it ...

They're late to start vaccination but were also late with outbreaks, so not bad.

I guess I should read it before critizing, but I don't have time now. It sounds worrying. I mean up to now you measure carefully at the start of the trials just what dose of vaccine you have to give each person so that they get immunity but no side effects. Then you conclude how many milligrams in which dose, and how many days apart.
And now you will just rely on natural spread and let each person get any dose of vaccines at random contagion, or not at all before getting the disease ? Yes if it works at all it's going to be much cheaper, but it's also not going to be able to guarantee anything ever...
And at least to me the most reassuring property of a vaccine is that it doesn't self replicate. If it does, it's going to be very hard to control. I mean replication itself takes resources from the human body. Even if a replicating vaccine had no other side effects, it could just use up too many cells replicating too much. I guess I should read it. But it seems to be only a computer simulation.
Post automatically merged:

Oh right, they're never reported on that in the UK, just that if you're vaccinated you might still get the disease, but you're less likely to get sick enough to have to go to hospital. And a significant minority of people that are vaccinated still end up in hospital due to covid, but they haven't broken it down to individual cases yet.
Public Health England published a report some weeks ago with a study about contagion from breakthrough infections in England. Within the limited study they concluded vaccinated people who are infected and get symptoms can infect others, just around half so often as unvaccinated. Yet no word on what do unknowingly infected vaccinated people. They might be or not spreaders. So the data must be there. The reasearchers had to cross some datasets through, so maybe it's not easily available to the public.
I posted the link in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back