COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably not a problem decoding a QR code, that can be done entirely offline and normally returns a web address for your browser to load. That server the address was on might have been down for example, but the QR decoding to a web address should have gone through just fine.
I read it was a combination of high load due to demand in combination with a DDOS on the server that provides the QR code itself. I think the verification part was just fine.
One guess is that the app generates time-limited QR codes as they would be more secure. There is also a printable version available for people that don't have a smartphone, which is the same QR code but probably with a very long life-time.
So instead of the app just generate the printable version and have this QR on your phone, it will work without internet.

Yes, that's possible, but I'd have thought it easier the DDOS the server giving back vaccination info. I'd expect modern phones to have a lib to generate QR codes, and if the phone knows your medical number it just needs to render that QR code with the right time on it, it shouldn't need to check back to the government website just to get a few kb of PNG for a QR code. Maybe it does so that the govt can track the use of the app however, who knows.

Yes, that's possible, but I'd have thought it easier the DDOS the server giving back vaccination info. I'd expect modern phones to have a lib to generate QR codes, and if the phone knows your medical number it just needs to render that QR code with the right time on it, it shouldn't need to check back to the government website just to get a few kb of PNG for a QR code. Maybe it does so that the govt can track the use of the app however, who knows.
I checked, news reported you need to connect at least once to generate the QR code which should then also work when offline.
So it's a problem that would only happen on the first day and the DDOS exacerbated that, as most people didn't have their code already.
You would think that putting the verification server down would be more effective in the long run, but hopefully they have something in place to mitigate that risk.

I just wanted to mention: September where the Vaccinated should dye (akkording to Wendler and Hildmann) is about to be over, and im still alive..
Anyone needs a new non used Covin?? ^^

Ok so let's say there are numerous independent studies from all sorts of countries pointing to covid purposely manufactured in China. Of course there will be a few studies and of course armchair critics saying the opposite. But the overwhelming majority of people believe covid was deliberately caused by China. Then what?

Should we sanction China?
Should NATO invade China?
Should we label the Chinese government Evil?

All these options would come at a huge cost. Consumer prices around the world would go up and many people would be against it purely for this reason. It would be a political nightmare.

Maybe nuking Wuhan is the just thing but it's not worth it, least of all because of economic co-dependence.

If covid was caused deliberately I don't wanna know. It would be too awkward.

Last edited:
Come on, people, give me a break. I've heard all sort of conspiracy theories: SARS-CoV-2 being a chinese biological weapon being purposely or accidentaly released, it being a US bioweapon being false flagged to China to deter its economic preponderance, the illuminati killing the elder to save on pensions, the pharma industry building a plague because they wanted to inoculate the world population with something at once... This is all nuts.

SARS-CoV-2 is a natural virus. It's obvious. Did you see the virus rebooting ? A blue screen here or there ? Is it incompatible with other popular diseases like cancer or diabetes ? Does it have long downtime for maintenance ? Are new versions being installed on the users of old versions ? (no, new versions are used by using new people most often). Do we have any proof it was beyond schedule and over budget ? Then it cannot be an artificial construction.

People overestimate the ingenuitiy of humans. Despite marketing to the contrary we can't build such effective products. If the combined knowledge and budget of the whole species just managed to produce some imperfect vaccines in a year, why should I believe a secret team nailed the contagiousness and letality, the stealth properties and incubation time and the multiorgan effects in just some decades ? Nah, I may believe there're people with enough malice, but not people with enough competence.

We could instead look at how we built so fragile societies that we can't stop to contain a plague when it pops up. That we lack solidarity, externalities management, coordination, priorities, background health and economic reflexes. Neither capitalism, communism or any of the installed imitations stands any deviation from business as usual and crumbles on interdependency creep and fragile trust. Centuries of medicine concentrated in few experts subordinated to their accountants couldn't overcome millions of ignorants alienated in our cyberbubles.

It's not that a perfectly crafted virus disturbed our idillic society and killed millions. It's that our messy Potemkin villages couldn't hold the last straw and we carelessly or impotently sacrificed millions to a random virus in the shrine of our status quo.

If there's a plot, it's in the host society, not in the viral vector.

But the overwhelming majority of people believe covid was deliberately caused by China
Except those who wonder about any lab from which it may have leaked, being run by the US and financed by USAID for the purpose of developing vaccines against gain-of-function virii. Or those who wonder about movement of US military personnel in Wuhan shortly before the pandemic.

Who knows whether any of those hypotheses are true but, frankly, I’d be surprised if we ever really get to the bottom of where it actually came from.

Maybe nuking Wuhan is the just thing
Nuking anyone can never be just.

Even if this virus was deliberately released it's kind of backfired on anyone who set it off, since the virus spread around the world and since release has started evolving into different forms. I don't think anyone's suggesting the delta variant was deliberately engineered by some opposing force, for example.

I think these reports of evil china will be targetted at the lay consumer. If you can make them mistrust their chinese made phones and TVs, they'll pay more for Japanese or German made units.

SARS-CoV-2 is a natural virus. It's obvious.
It's not that obvious... even the zoonotic articles leave some room for error.

But consider the arguments in these comments (glance them all, some are brilliantly worded and are food for thought):

• laboratory derived (gain of function)
  • laboratory escaped (just a natural virus being studied) (see the interesting links from Anoneuoid in the last link)
  • zoonotic transfer and just happenstance
I still find it hard to make up my mind about this one.

I’ve been on the lookout for new variants, but it looks like Delta has squashed them all. The most I can find is something called R.1 which caused an outbreak at a nursing home in Kentucky in March. No idea why they’re talking about it now.

We know absolutely nothing about the virus origin, we only know that the occidental governments did nothing to stop it from entering countries, spreading, killing weak people.

Wouldnt it be much more importand to see how to end this pandemic than to try to find out what where the origins?
I got now 2 Shots of the Vaccine, so i think my part is done, now i have to sit down and wait until all other Peaple are Vaccinated..
I wonder: is there a normal Live Possible after Covid? Shure not for them who got the Disease, or for them who got shot because they asked for a Mask,
I ditnt had Issues whit the mandatory Masks, expect of somethimes when my Glases got steamed from my breath .. but its a bit anoying that i have to watch the door of our Shop, to have enough time to put the mask on bevor a Customer comes in..,
Yes i dintnt wear the mask the whole time, just when whe have Customers.. , who knows, maybe this have to end next year,? Lets Hope..

Allthough it might be a good idea to continue carry a Mask even after the Pandemic: these are also good when you have to put garbage in the Bin, or when you work whit Acid or something..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back