COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how many new Cases there will be after the Queens Funerall and the Munich Oktober Fest..
I dintnt wrote if there was a Mask Mandatory for the Funerall, but in Munich there is no Mask needed, not even Fast Testing..
Millions of Peaple who stands on the Que, or Drink lots of Liters of this 14 € expensive Bavarian Beer..

• Sad
Reactions: rSl
I’m using my last COVID test right now, because it expires in two days. I don’t think I have COVID, but a lot of cases are asymptomatic. Now I’m just wondering how I’ll get tested when I really do get sick.

Edit: Just in case you were wondering, the test was negative.

Last edited:
Reactions: rSl
BF.7 now makes up 2.3% of cases in the US. Kinda reassuring to already know what’s gonna kill me this winter. RIP America.

Another new challenger arrives. Apparently Singapore is dealing with a wave of a recombinant variant known simply as ‘XBB’.

I refilled our Desinfekt Dispenser yesterday, but im quite worried about that:
This is the second 500 ml Bottle and whe got this thing january 2021, so not that many customers dit use the dispenser.. ;(
And this Stuff got a Best Befor of 2023-10, i have still 8 Bottles..

But this stuff got a Fire Hazard Symbol, so if the whole Economics will break together, a Zombie Apocalypse, or other Bug Out Scenario happens, i think i could use it as some sort of Fire Starter ^^

I was looking at an article too, that put forth the theory that some cases of long COVID are caused not by COVID itself, but rather heavy sedation used during ICU treatment for COVID. Kinda scary for me since I’m on a sedative, Klonopin.

The CDC just added BQ.1 and BQ.1.1 to its surveillance, and each are at 5.7%. Looks like Burger Queen is gonna kill us all.

But this stuff got a Fire Hazard Symbol, so if the whole Economics will break together, a Zombie Apocalypse, or other Bug Out Scenario happens, i think i could use it as some sort of Fire Starter ^^
You should try, it's probably burns quickly and looks nicely blue.
It does!

How long the sanitizer is good enough depends on how it stored (unopened good air tight bottle, cool and dark, etc).:

Yes, the main ingredient of most hand sanitisers in a short chain alcohol most commonly these days ethanol, or perhaps methanol, diluted somewhat, and with some kind of gelling agent. I'm not sue what would make that burn blue, probably the gelling agent getting caught in the flame, if it isn't a special effect in that video (not seen it yet).

Another new contender has emerged seemingly out of nowhere to become the third most widespread variant in the U.S. in the last two weeks. It’s called BF.26, and I can’t find a single news article on it yet. Only know about it due to that one dashboard I linked two pages ago.

The name BF is short for BA.5.2.1, so I guess BF.26 is a BA.5 subvariant. The Omicron boosters in the US should still be effective against BF.26 then, I would think.

I heard they detected BQ.1 in sewage in Barcelona, but were puzzled that they didn't find any clinical cases... Heard it some days ago, may have changed... They say they're near a minimum of cases and hospitalizations, but they stopped publishing data in July. Well they now give less detailed data together with flu, cold, etc.

I just learned that my residential provider isn’t doing Omicron boosters for everyone here, even though they did vaccines and first boosters for everyone. They said I could get my vaccination card and schedule one for myself at a pharmacy though, so right now I’m waiting on staff to find my vaccination card.

About those posts about BF.26 I made earlier, apparently it’s just an error on someone’s website that led to BF.26 being labeled as common. Not an error on that dashboard I linked, but one of its source sites.

In today’s good news, the people behind Pfizer’s COVID vaccine say a cancer vaccine will probably be ready by 2030.

Pfizer was in the news again lately with the EU representative asking a question to a Pfizer representative about test regarding testing to see if vaccination reduced transmission.
Article: https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-pfizer-transmission-european-parliament-950413863226

AP quotes at the end: "This is part of AP’s effort to address widely shared misinformation, including work with outside companies and organizations to add factual context to misleading content that is circulating online.".
The complaint from the EU representative ('Roos'):
"Asked for comment, Roos told the AP that he was not making a point about Pfizer, but about government mandates for the COVID-19 vaccines. 'I take fundamental rights seriously,' Roos wrote in an email. 'For governments to infringe on them, they need a massive amount of evidence to prove the necessity. In this case, it was not even a part of the Pfizer trials.' He said that such mandates were based on 'no evidence.'"
AP continues the article to explain that vaccines work and it's not weird to not test for reducing transmissibility, ignoring the point that a (Dutch) government forced people to get vaccinated with the reason they are doing it for others and not for themselves (while knowing there was no proof for this, against advice of the Dutch health agency (RIVM) but the government was convinced the emotional charge would have a better impact on getting people vaccinated).
I hoped they would actually address his point and showed he was wrong, but it wasn't address as people appear to only pay attention to the untested transmissibility vaccine part.

Meanwhile Florida won a court case against a Norwegian cruise company that enforced a covid-passport: https://www.reuters.com/legal/gover...enge-florida-ban-vaccine-mandates-2022-10-07/
Florida also doesn't recommend getting vaccinated with the mRNA vaccine for men under 40 anymore, which obviously is debated also due to the claim it's based on flawed research: https://www.factcheck.org/2022/10/s...9-vaccination-analysis-is-flawed-experts-say/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back