COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
US daily COVID-19 cases appear to be back below 100,000 for the first time in two months. Is it almost time to say goodbye to COVID?
It's extremely hard to get rid of a virus. It's more likely that we'll keep having waves after waves, just like we have for other seasonal viruses. The problem (besides the additional deaths) is that covid-19 seems associated with more long-term effects than the viruses we're used to.

They announced today that the UK had approved Moderna's combined original Covid-19 (the one that caused the original outbreak in Wuhan, China) and the Omicron variant (found first in Botswana) vaccine, and have ordered enough from them to cover half of the over 50s that are currently meant to be in the initial run of the Autumn booster run. Pfizer are also developing similar and I think we've also provisionally ordered that to help cover the other half of the over 50s. Meanwhile scientists are developing the pan-coronavirus vaccine, which targets a different part of the skin of the virus which doesn't vary as much as the spike does, and which might also be successful at vaccinating us against the common cold, so clearly science at least isn't done with coronavirus. Next up Influenza and then the World...muahaha!
We've been looking for a cure against the common cold for a while. Getting rid of that one would be a game-changer. It's a lame disease but it's so common it would be getting use to is it's not there anymore (well, good riddance).

First Lady Jill Biden just tested positive for COVID-19.

The worst part: She was visiting South Carolina, and now she’s stuck isolating there for a week.

My free COVID tests are out for delivery today. I have some congestion, but my temperature is only 97.8 degrees, so I’m torn on whether to use one or not. I bet I will just because I’m bored.

I just took a COVID test. This one makes you wait twenty minutes instead of fifteen though, so I’ll let you know the results after 4:23 PM EDT.

The Prime Minister of Japan has COVID-19. This follows Japan seeing 250,000 cases a day for three days. Either they have better testing than us, or a worse variant.

• Wow
Reactions: rSl
I’m feeling a bit sick this morning, so I decided to take another rapid COVID test. I’ll let you know the results after 8:32.

Edit: All clear.

Last edited:
The worst part: She was visiting South Carolina, and now she’s stuck isolating there for a week.
So South Carolina is like Fishmouth? *(Gibbous reference)

I went to Fishmouth, and all I got is out of there.

The US is expected to approve an Omicron specific booster before human trials finish.

Is there such a thing as a red flag being harmless because it’s too obvious?

BA.4.6 continues to gain steam in the US, but in other countries it was squashed by Centaurus.

There might be a new challenger getting ready to enter the arena though. Experts say to keep an eye on BA.5.2.1.7, also known as BF.7.

because it’s too obvious?
All I hear is profit and money. And let's sue the other farma because our income dwindled. Fool me twice... you can't fool me again (G.W.B.)

Well this means that Corona isn’t over enough to have that big Conventions yet,
I also hope EvilDragon gets well soon …

Ditnt got any Corona yet , or at least not so that I would notice it, and I’m not that carefull anyway ..
but I’m 3 Times Vaccined …

Reactions: rSl
Source: https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pre...fizer-biontech-bivalent-covid-19-vaccines-use
Quote: "Today, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration amended the emergency use authorizations (EUAs) of the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine and the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine to authorize bivalent formulations of the vaccines for use as a single booster dose at least two months following primary or booster vaccination. The bivalent vaccines, which we will also refer to as “updated boosters,” contain two messenger RNA (mRNA) components of SARS-CoV-2 virus, one of the original strain of SARS-CoV-2 and the other one in common between the BA.4 and BA.5 lineages of the omicron variant of SARS-CoV-2.
The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine, Bivalent, is authorized for use as a single booster dose in individuals 18 years of age and older. The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine, Bivalent, is authorized for use as a single booster dose in individuals 12 years of age and older.
The monovalent COVID-19 vaccines that are authorized or approved by the FDA and have been administered to millions of people in the United States since December 2020 contain a component from the original strain of SARS-CoV-2."

Source: https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pre...fizer-biontech-bivalent-covid-19-vaccines-use
Quote: "Today, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration amended the emergency use authorizations (EUAs) of the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine and the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine to authorize bivalent formulations of the vaccines for use as a single booster dose at least two months following primary or booster vaccination. The bivalent vaccines, which we will also refer to as “updated boosters,” contain two messenger RNA (mRNA) components of SARS-CoV-2 virus, one of the original strain of SARS-CoV-2 and the other one in common between the BA.4 and BA.5 lineages of the omicron variant of SARS-CoV-2.
The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine, Bivalent, is authorized for use as a single booster dose in individuals 18 years of age and older. The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine, Bivalent, is authorized for use as a single booster dose in individuals 12 years of age and older.
The monovalent COVID-19 vaccines that are authorized or approved by the FDA and have been administered to millions of people in the United States since December 2020 contain a component from the original strain of SARS-CoV-2."
A firmware update...

The CDC added BA.2.75 and BF.7 to its variant surveillance. Each are between one and two percent of cases in the US, but they stand to gain. BA.4.6 continues to gain too, making up over ten percent of cases now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back