COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Study on a few nonvaccinated Swedish health care workers that weathered COVID-19 with mild symptoms or none. Apparently those with IgA on mucoses (10%) did better than those with IgG and T-cells. For some reason I found funny that having airborne allergies can help against COVID-19 (take it with a spoon of salt).

ICYMI, President Biden is experiencing a Paxlovid rebound. Has tested positive for COVID-19 two days in a row after previously testing negative. He says he has no symptoms, but I’m going to panic anyway. *panics*

There are some signs that the BA.5 wave is cresting in the US. Cases were way down this weekend compared to the one before.

The CDC has started tracking a new subvariant, BA.4.6, which makes up four percent of cases in the US. No word yet on how serious it is or what Twitter users are calling it.

The number of counties in the US with high levels of COVID-19 went down this week, another sign that this wave may be tapering off. That said, my county is still high.

President Biden just tested positive for the seventh day in a row. He first got COVID-19 two weeks ago and still hasn't cleared it yet.

Maybe he'll just spend the remainder of his presidency in isolation. Must be lonely.

Those situations remind me world leaders are just people. You can be as powerful as you are but there is no secret cure for most diseases.
As you would think the US president, or maybe the ultra-wealthy, would get the best treatment possible.

TL;DR: Created an authorized vaccine factory. No product buyers.

Last edited:
I ordered some free COVID tests off the official government website on the 3rd, but they still haven't shipped yet. I was feeling nauseous this morning, so I went ahead and paid for a COVID test off of Amazon too, which should arrive tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

Edit: I’m feeling a little better now, and I’m tempted to cancel my Amazon order. Any words of encouragement?

Last edited:
but they still haven't shipped yet.
We'll there's your problem. If they are being send by ship, it will take a while.
Post automatically merged:

I was feeling nauseous this morning,
With increased temperatures, bacteria become way more active. Leave milk out, or a breadbun with some meat, and it will spoil fast. You won't notice the taste, but the bacteria will still be there, multiplying.
So clean your workplace. Don't reuse plates (i mean, wash them properly) and wash your hands often.
Remember that if you eat meat at night, your gut system sleeps as well, so it stops digestion, and bacteria can grow in your guts and even make you sick.
It could also mean dehydration. Or you have people that sneak in while you are sleeping and give you a dose of radiation. Is your hair falling at an alarming rate?
Could also be a neighbor that plays Celine Dion while you are sleeping. Then waking up with nausea is normal.

(excuses to Celine Dion fans for making a joke at her expense)

Last edited:
US daily COVID-19 cases appear to be back below 100,000 for the first time in two months. Is it almost time to say goodbye to COVID?

They announced today that the UK had approved Moderna's combined original Covid-19 (the one that caused the original outbreak in Wuhan, China) and the Omicron variant (found first in Botswana) vaccine, and have ordered enough from them to cover half of the over 50s that are currently meant to be in the initial run of the Autumn booster run. Pfizer are also developing similar and I think we've also provisionally ordered that to help cover the other half of the over 50s. Meanwhile scientists are developing the pan-coronavirus vaccine, which targets a different part of the skin of the virus which doesn't vary as much as the spike does, and which might also be successful at vaccinating us against the common cold, so clearly science at least isn't done with coronavirus. Next up Influenza and then the World...muahaha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back