Contribution icons next to posts (brainstorming etc)

I was thinking a gear or something for programmers. I made this, but its not that great...

6y58S.png

I also had an idea of a circuit board icon where the gold current paths meet in the center creating a Pandora logo for hardware developers.
And if you put the mouse arrow on the icon without clicking and leave it there for a second it should tell you what the icon represents ie. it might say developer etc.for newcomers to the forum etc.

I was thinking a gear or something for programmers. I made this, but its not that great...

6y58S.png

I also had an idea of a circuit board icon where the gold current paths meet in the center creating a Pandora logo for hardware developers.
And if you put the mouse arrow on the icon without clicking and leave it there for a second it should tell you what the icon represents ie. it might say developer etc.for newcomers to the forum etc.
this is much better then idea i just had of every icon linking to someplace where it explains what each of them are. +1 no animated icons

Maybe a cursor
windows_cursor.png
like this one for people who develop the desktop stuff?

And a multi-coloured star for random contributions?multi_coulour_star_20x20.gif

For the forum trolls:

post-822-0-90849200-1315474070.png

I just got bored :p

EDIT: It seems the forums uploader screws these up... gonna UL to imageshack

EDIT 2: Never mind I was just zoomed out :rolleyes:

20x20_trollface_smiley.png

Last edited by a moderator:
And heres a icon for the arty types here: paintbrush_and_pencil_1_20x20.gif

And a Pandora logo: mini_pandora_logo_20x20.gif mini_pandora_logo_extra_gap_size_20x20.gif

although neither look right.

What should an investor icon look like (if we have one)?

whats wrong with the websites favicon for the pandora logo?
minipandalogo.png

Nothing, al long as it will scale to a few more pixels each way. It looks a bit small compared to the others:

-

Does anyone here understand IP.board well enough to implement this idea? Is it really easy?

Maybe we should have contest for which icons be used for the official one. There could be a category for submitting your donate icon, your developer icons, etc. Then people can vote for the ones they like the best.

I also think that there should be a limit of how many icons there can be. Icons should be given to people who did something significant as a reward,(these are contributor icons btw). Having a custom little picture explaining yourself is what the avatar is for. We should, and get approval from the mods, make a finalized list of all the icon types that will exist. Every icon should have a purpose.

This is what I think should be some categories:

1. Long Time Member

2. Donator

3. Super Donator

4. Hardware Developer

5. Software Developer

6. Game Developer

7. Owns a Pandora

8. Random Contributor

9. Fits all criteria

This will be organized and more professional. Using one icon for each would be consistent and look better.

All this needs to be ran by the board leaders and moderators first. Any thoughts?

and get approval from the mods
All this needs to be ran by the board leaders and moderators first. Any thoughts?
I'm pretty sure that there's nothing moderators can do with any of this, really. It's something that we can't set up or deal with, so I think you'd have to be running it by Craig and/or ED (depending on who can/has to set things up). :p

Having a custom little picture explaining yourself is what the avatar is for.
maybe obvious trolls could be given the following avatar:

troll_profile2.png

This is what I think should be some categories:

1. Long Time Member

2. Donator

3. Super Donator

4. Hardware Developer

5. Software Developer

6. Game Developer

7. Owns a Pandora

8. Random Contributor

9. Fits all criteria