Contribution icons next to posts (brainstorming etc)

Binky

Death's Steed
Staff member
Split from this post and the reply following it, This is for discussing/creating art or suggestions.

Binky's original icons are in the above linked to post and the forum won't let me put them here.

The topic so far~:

Doobieplex said: If we get ROT (retro offline tournament) going again a icon could be added for players and champions also.

Craigx said: That's a really nice idea.

Milkshake said: I like this, although not 100% on the icons used in this example but its a great idea !

DaMummy said: This way when random jackasses come in here, they dont start fights with people like milkshake.

Fusion_Power said: if there ever could be also an "did some graphics for Games" logo, I wouldn't complain.

Muggie made some icons:
SHxKl.png
DlNKU.png

Darkknight512 said: hardware dev, maybe a chip icon, random contributions an *.

Invader Amoto said: Muggie's coin looks damn good and should be used.

Fusion Power made a big animated coin

Binky scaled Fusion_Power's coin and made a chip icon:

Topic re-directed

Last edited by a moderator:
Icons so far: I will make similar posts when a few more/better ideas arise:

Icons should generally be ~20 pixels high.

coin-anim3ozk_20x20.gifFusion_Power: Coin

SHxKl.png
Muggie: Coin

DlNKU.png
Muggie: Loves Pandora

pandora_tiny.gifBinky: Ordered a Pandora

pandora_tick_tiny.gifBinky: Recieved a Pandora

hash.gifBinky: Develops apps

pong.gifBinky: Develops games

tux_tiny.pngBinky: Develops firmware

chip_20x20.gifBinky: Develops hardware

I can convert it straight in Photoshop to this size. I made it a little bit smoother but also sharper for a better result.

Animation was only some playing around, of course this coin can be also rendered static, then even with more than 256 Colours. :)

Coin-anim-small.gif

Coin small.png

That's better!

I think a static one might be better though, and could the logo on it be emphasised without looking silly?

look above, I also made a static png with smooth edges. The Logo would not get any better, the Size is just to small. In this size, serious Pixel Art is needed to make it look better. ^^""

At that size, I prefer the static one. :p It looks quite smart.

Right.

What would a Core Team (EvilDragon et al) icon look like?

Do Muggie, Fusion_Power and I (+ any others) get a special one for making the icons?!

And do I get a Mega Man one? :p

Kidding, kidding.

As for core team, perhaps a small, standard-issue blue Pandora logo?

And do I get a Mega Man one? :p

Kidding, kidding.

As for core team, perhaps a small, standard-issue blue Pandora logo?
Special Avatars, maybe?

However, here is the best I was able to do with the small Coin, its a little bit sharper now but still not perfect.

Coin small.png

If this really has to happen (I disagree with it) then at least make all icons non-animated. If each user has multiple animated icons then these boards will become worse than the mother of all flash-ads.

I could use 5 of theses icons so far. The question is : will I be allowed to wear more than one ? (because if I need to choose, I wont make it)

please no NOT! use any animated images for the icons... its just too cheasy and reminds me of the internet from the mid 90's.

apart from that.. carry on :)

I think multiple of those makes sense. Perhaps they can be placed where those weirds dots and admin/staff bars are. Below group and above post count. If so, there should also be badges for OPT team member (Pandora logo), Admin and staff members (i.e. the moderators).

[edit]Below postcount / location is also a good place.[/edit]

We should have a "super" icon for those who can have all of them. :D

Maybe we should also have a random contributor icon too?

I love icons :D

Can I have a pentagram?

It's ironic, because I'm not in the least bit evil or malicious. But I do have a goatee.

This is such an awesome idea, and people like Milkshake definitely need a lot more recognition than they currently get. In fact, he should have a freakin' crown.

This is a good idea.Nice and simple.Maybe an icon of a little man at a keyboard or something for those who make apps/programs etc.

We should have a "super" icon for those who can have all of them. :D
It should be called:

DVNO

"Four capital letters

Printed in gold

'Cause details make the girls sweat even more

while they're shaking their belt

No need to ask my name

to figure out how cool I am"

:lol:

I was thinking a gear or something for programmers. I made this, but its not that great...

6y58S.png

I also had an idea of a circuit board icon where the gold current paths meet in the center creating a Pandora logo for hardware developers.

Back