Contribution icons next to posts (brainstorming etc)

binky, i must say....this thread is proving to be a big failure...

Yes, it kinda sucks. I split this from the £1 Pandora thread to get out of the way of the discussion of craig's fund-raiser, and only half of the posts are actually about contribution icons :mellow:

There's no way to push off topic posts into thier own topic, is there?

However we have got a few icons.

Yes, it kinda sucks. I split this from the £1 Pandora thread to get out of the way of the discussion of craig's fund-raiser, and only half of the posts are actually about contribution icons :mellow:

There's no way to push off topic posts into thier own topic, is there?

However we have got a few icons.

You wish is my command.

Thread derailment has been moved here:

Please enjoy your clean thread, guys!

Thank you, Gadgetoid.

As for the icons, I like all of them excdept for the random contributor one. It's either too color-contrasty or too animated :p .

1. Long Time Member:
    Djzxx.png

2. Game Developer:
    miQJD.png

3. Random Contributor:
    LQ13K.png

4. Fits all criteria:
    ewJjb.png

Just made these.

We should have donators with bronze coin, super donators with silver coin, and investors with gold coin.

Last edited by a moderator:
The medal is a cool idea.

And I'll always love the heart.

My pixel skills, or lack thereof, have been put to shame!

I almost didn't ask, but I'm going to be cheeky. Whilst you're in an icon mood. Does anyone fancy doing a favicon for iControlPad.com? :D

1. Long Time Member View attachment 999
  2. Donator View attachment 1002/View attachment 1001/View attachment 1004
  3. Hardware Developer View attachment 1006
  4. Software (non-game) Developer View attachment 1003
  5. Game Developer View attachment 998
  6. Paid for a Pandora View attachment 1007
  7. Random Contributor View attachment 997
  8. Core member View attachment 1005

Fits all criteriaView attachment 1000
Looks good. :D

The CPU could also have a Pandora Logo on and maybe a square shaped CPU like in the Pandora has built in. :) The Single Pandora Logo (Core Member) should be smoother.

1. Long Time Member Muggie_pandora_heart.png
  2. Donator Fusion_power-Coin_small_bronze.png/Fusion_power-Coin_small_silver.png/Fusion_power-Coin_small.png
  3. Hardware Developer chip_20x20.gif
  4. Software (non-game) Developer Muggie-Gear.png
  5. Game Developer Muggie_pandora_games.png
  6. Paid for a Pandora pandora_tiny.gif
  7. Random Contributor Muggie_pandora_random.png
  8. Core member mini_pandora_logo_extra_gap_size_20x20.gif

Fits all criteriaMuggie_pandora_medal.png
Looks good. :D

The CPU could also have a Pandora Logo on and maybe a square shaped CPU like in the Pandora has built in. :) The Single Pandora Logo (Core Member) should be smoother.

Here y' go!

pandora_logo_tiny.png

I was thinking a gear or something for programmers. I made this, but its not that great...

6y58S.png
I love it!

Other suggestions are 'ok' too, but I'd rather see more in this 'style' (not a gear perse) as it resonates very much with the overall theme/style of the board.

Also, for people in multiple categories, the icons could just accumulate like some sort of scout-badges :D

(btw, maybe a 'Two Months' type badge for people that will 'almost' get their unit? ;) )

Last edited by a moderator:
who would actually make this happen? can any of the staff add icons or does craig or ed have to do it? Not who has to approve it but rather who has the ability to actually implement this?

As has been mentioned previously in the post that caused so much trouble last time that was asked, ED is the only one with the access to implement this on these boards.

I'm not really familiar with IPB, so I'm not sure how much work would be involved. If we're lucky there may be a currently unused feature that supports it or an existing module that could be added. in which case it may be possible to do it fairly easily. If there is not then either ED would need to code it himself, or another dev could install a private copy of IPB and write the actual code, then pass that to ED to be integrated.

- Neelix

ED is the gateway to the boards. I've been digging around for an existing plugin to help him out and will give him a little nudge. Don't want to overtax the guy, though, he's the definition of busy.

Also I'm a little distracted this weekend!

Back