Come Get Some :)

Great Work Woogle, got sound too.... :)

Did you ever manage to find anything out about running mods?

Thanks Again,

Steve.

If someone could email me a complete and configured shareware setup with the sound, configs etc all sorted and fxe etc so you can just put it on your gp32 with no messing, I'd happily host it on my webhosting package for others to download :) This is all slightly confusing for us newcomers so this might solve lots of questions / problems ppl are having :unsure:

email gp32@quikly.com if interested :) Thanks

GREAT game and stunning work Woogal :)

Woogal, an optimization can be cool, but the load and save games is so important. What about that ?

Regards ...

Eooooooo

is the project actually dead ?
So rare not seen any more post in 2 weeks !! o_O

Greetings

Thanks again for your work on this onre Woogle. Duke is one thing I thought we would never see on the GP32, its like a dream come true :)

One suggestion for you Duke fans out there, in the options you can turn the Duke talk off, I know its the essence of the game but it runs lovely and smooth without the speech and having the sound FX without speech is better than no sound at all...

Thanks, Steve.

I can wait for Duke3D, but after all the hustle and bustle of GP2X development, it would be nice for Duke on the BLU+, so when you get a chance, Woogal. I really think you went above and beyond already if the horror stories about that code are true.

How i see the things, is more important the actual GP32 instead gp2x.
Because how i see, while the PSP go on having scene , gp2x is very dead.

For that reason and in my honest opinion, while the gp2x not soldat least the half of units gp32 did, not is an interesant way...
A duke nukem running at full speed with all features in the gp32 is more interesting instead og gp2x, because, how many ppl go to fell the duke nukem in the gp2x in the next 2 years ? understand what i tell ?

Regards .. RST

Well, i told my arguments... what you told ? nothing <---

Regards ...

I don't think gp2x is really supposed to be a competitor to the psp, and if you think about it all the new wave of "multi media" aren't really competing, because to actually get a launch they seem to need to be able to do something a totally diferen group of people would be interested in. PSP has watered down old ps2 games gpx2, has people who might make emulators and homebrew games for it, for some reason, gizmondo has satnav or gps or free coupons or somethang oh and ds is an actual proper handheld made by a company that is worshipped to the extent that it doesn't need to waste time on brand recognition, multimedia or making a poor range of electronics they don't also sell look like the bees bollox.

word to your mother

With all the pre-orders that the GP2X has, it's far from dead. The GP32 isn't more important than the GP2X as the GP2X needs software now. The GP32 already has a major amount of software and more is coming out almost every week still.

I've been able to get Duke3d (latest release) onto my gp32 and the intro loads fine. But after it says loading a few moments later it'll reboot. I have the atomic edition. Could someone help with this? I'm using an FLU system, so from what I read in this thread, it should work without problems.

I have the three con files in the duke3d directory, along with the group file and CFG. The cfg was downloaded and modified accordingly. I used to spend lots of time with Duke3d back in 96. Great game. Can't believe it's been that long!

Also, if I remember correctly, when I used to do some modding there was an important note that I think would help with modifying the audio. Files, like maps outisde the grp that share the same name will be used instead of files inside the grp. This was an easy way to modify and test things for the game, e.g. you could name levels the same as episode one and they'd all play together.

Anyway, thanks to woogal for this port. Being able to see what little I can at the moment is most enticing. Can't wait to rediscover this one.

Try one of the different versions .. with sound or without, or the uncompressed fxe

If you have the files posted in this thread it should be okay.

Sometimes my NLU wouldn't run it, but then a little later it does :wacko:
Put all three versions on your card and keep your batteries charged ;)

Back