Come Get Some :)

It dont, actualy the only difference is that it uses a different lcd, different ram but with the same specs, and that the light switch somehow uses timer3, thats all i can think about.

ok i did it 3 times to make sure :p but it seams to happen right after it says "started" for 2 seconds :blink: .

Oh yeah first one to try it and post woooot :D

Bourbon

Thanks for that bourbon and kraff2. I now know where the crash is happening, just need to find out why and how to fix it now ;). If anyone gets further than 'set 132mhz' then let me know.

great great Woogal !!!!!!!!!!!

it works now in my BLU :)))
Great work dude ! you did one of my dreams possible now in my pretty gp32 :))))

Please can you post now a complete package with the correct .cons files ?
some documentation is needed !

Regards ... RST

Woogal! All I can say Is I'm not worthy, Duke 3d runs absolutely fantastic on the Blu.
Had to fiddle about with the .grp, runs only with the atomic version, but hey who cares at least it runs on the blu now.

bow down to thee Woogal! You are a giant among Blu users. This now has to be the best game ever on the GP 32, roll on sound. It look so smooth and sharp, who needs d3d or open gl, with the size of the screen and high defintion lcd, DUKE on the BLU is way cool.

Thank you Woogal :)

a lot of confusion Woogal. The first time i tried it work so fine. But now i get the .con files and the .grp file from the "pure atomic edition". Now when the loading screen it appears the gp32 reboots again.

Atomic edition .grp 42.3 MB <-- not work
shareware edition 10.5 MB <-- worked

We need a new post with the correct files. I mean all needed files.

The first .fxe was so smaller. Now with the problem solved in the BLU, is possible to get smaller again ? How go the sfx sounds ?

Greetings

Once again, many Kudos to you Woogal! If I had money to donate, you would be the next to get it. Naturally it would come out of food money though.

On my BLU+ I get the white bar, but it's working fine otherwise. Using atomic edition 1.4.

It works on the BLU now :) Great job

One thing is is seems to be real dark though. If you could find a way to make the graphics brighter and keep the black level dark it would give better contrast. It is usually a setting in the duke engine itself. Maybe one of those "con" files has that setting I am not sure. Music would be nice but not needed, but SFX would really add alot if memory permits.

Thanks for everything.

rst posted on Oct 5 2005 at 03:27 AM said:
a lot of confusion Woogal. The first time i tried it work so fine. But now i get the .con files and the .grp file from the "pure atomic edition". Now when the loading screen it appears the gp32 reboots again.

Atomic edition .grp 42.3 MB <-- not work
shareware edition 10.5 MB <-- worked

We need a new post with the correct files. I mean all needed files.

The first .fxe was so smaller. Now with the problem solved in the BLU, is possible to get smaller again ? How go the sfx sounds ?

Greetings
If you are using the atomic edition then you need -

duke3d.cfg
duke3d.grp
defs.con
user.con
game.con

(all taken from the atomic edition)

If you are using the shareware edition, or anything else earlier than atomic, then you need -

duke3d.cfg
duke3d.grp (from the edition you are using)
defs.con \
user.con - (from the atomic edition, which vimacs posted earlier in this thread)
game.con /

fxe was smaller before because it was compressed, but that causes problems so it won't be compressed again until I can find out what was going on. Sound is coming along, but duke wants a sample rate of 8000 or 16000, and the gp32 will only do 11025, 22050, or 44100 (at least thats what the official sdk and mirko's both allow). So sound is almost there, but I'm getting horrible noises in the background and duke sounds like a girl ;).

Davec: If it's too dark, then change the brightness in the options screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
RUN!!!!!

Great work woogal this port is fantastic, let's rock :D

Thanks very much.

Vimacs posted on Oct 5 2005 at 12:28 PM said:
Wooogal, its easy to convert duke's .voc files to wav files, may it help to use custom 11025 wav files?
Give it a try. Can't compile you a version with sound enabled for a few hours, but if you get the wav's ready I'll compile and send it to you tonight for testing. There may also be something I can do with the code so we don't have to use custom wavs, but I've not checked yet.

woogal posted on Oct 5 2005 at 12:23 PM said:
Vimacs posted on Oct 5 2005 at 12:28 PM said:
Wooogal, its easy to convert duke's .voc files to wav files, may it help to use custom 11025 wav files?
Give it a try. Can't compile you a version with sound enabled for a few hours, but if you get the wav's ready I'll compile and send it to you tonight for testing. There may also be something I can do with the code so we don't have to use custom wavs, but I've not checked yet.

I know this will sound alot of hassel but isn't it possible you could just convert to wave, drop the sampling then convert back to voc?

Back