Clonk 2x - Version 1.0

Daid

Website
Visit site
Ok, I went silent :X

But here I am again. This time with a download!
http://daid.mine.nu/pub/Clonk2X_1.0.zip

Finaly, version 1.0 of Clonk2X. I'm happy about this version.

It does not include 'noob' keyhandling. Sorry, still press and go. I know loads of people want this. But it's not feasable. (For me to do, in a reasonable timespan)

New
Improved ingame speed (rain no longer slows the game down, stilly floating points...)
New frontend, should be easier to work with. And displays scenario descriptions.
Scenario editor in the main menu. So now you can think up your scenarios on the road.
Rebuild with new toolchain, better GCC, so could be faster because of that. With highest optimalizations.

Removed
Also, it now longer allows you to select different players, but I don't think anyone used that feature. (It always defaults to "Player.c4p" so just rename your active player to that)
It also no longer allows you to select other object packs. As it's impossible these days to get object packs for clonk planet.
(Note, a you could hack these features in if you wish)

Oh, and could someone update the one in the archive with this one? :)

And for the source hungry people:
http://daid.mine.nu/pub/Clonk2X_1.0_src.zip includes engine and the new frontend source, as well as my windows codeblocks projects. But wouldn't be surprized if it requires some tinkering before it works.

Daid said:
Ok, I went silent :X

But here I am again. This time with a download!
http://daid.mine.nu/pub/Clonk2X_1.0.zip

Finaly, version 1.0 of Clonk2X. I'm happy about this version.

It does not include 'noob' keyhandling. Sorry, still press and go. I know loads of people want this. But it's not feasable. (For me to do, in a reasonable timespan)

New
Improved ingame speed (rain no longer slows the game down, stilly floating points...)
New frontend, should be easier to work with. And displays scenario descriptions.
Scenario editor in the main menu. So now you can think up your scenarios on the road.
Rebuild with new toolchain, better GCC, so could be faster because of that. With highest optimalizations.

Removed
Also, it now longer allows you to select different players, but I don't think anyone used that feature. (It always defaults to "Player.c4p" so just rename your active player to that)
It also no longer allows you to select other object packs. As it's impossible these days to get object packs for clonk planet.
(Note, a you could hack these features in if you wish)

Oh, and could someone update the one in the archive with this one? :)

And for the source hungry people:
http://daid.mine.nu/pub/Clonk2X_1.0_src.zip includes engine and the new frontend source, as well as my windows codeblocks projects. But wouldn't be surprized if it requires some tinkering before it works.

Is saving games fixed?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wooooot! This is great news! Exactly what I've been hoping for all along! Too bad though that selecting object packs is not available anymore. Maybe someone should hack that back in. I'll try to get my hands on some old object packs from a couple of friends. Maybe I am lucky...

@Daid: Have you thought about adding touchscreen support for F200 users? Might prove a valuable feature. I am not too sure if it's a simple task to accomplish though. Might be too complicated.

EDIT: Damn... I won't be home to try this out today, but could it be possible that the old GWE4 object definitions work with this release? They are fairly old now and maybe old enough to work.

Try the download page of www.goldwipf.de

they've got the hazard clonk pack and the knights pack aswell.

Two things I noticed:

The tutorials don't seem to work.. I gave up after trying to load the first two. They just show the blue planet background screen and seem to hang. I can play the scenarios, however I don't know how to play yet :)

The other thing is that the volume even on 12% (lowest setting other than 0%) is still pretty high on the F200.

Look forward to playing through the tutorials, seems like a fun game.

I had tried this game a while ago (the old version)
I stuck in the tutorials to, sometimes you can't continue. Maybe I've done something wrong, the game doesn't tell, if the scenario isn't solvable anymore. Well, I've never played such type of game.
If the new version is faster and give more feedback to the player, I'll give it a try. :)

Back