Clonk Planet 2x - 0.9

Daid

Website
Visit site
After some hard work it's finaly here. The 0.9 release of Clonk Planet for the GP2x.

Clonk.JPG

For those who just jump in and don't know Clonk yet: (quote from http://www.clonk.de/ )
Clonk is an entertaining action-packed game of strategy, tactics, and skill. It can be played by a single player, with up to four players on one computer, or even more players in local area networks or by internet.
(cut)
Run-time generated or predefined two-dimensional landscapes feature everything from hills, mountains, lakes, deserts, arctic wastelands to volcanic rocks, islands floating in mid-air or suboceanic terrain. This guarantees a neverending variety of scenarios.

Experience changing weather conditions with rain, snow, thunderstorms, as well as tectonics and hectic animal activity.

Build new structures using materials you have created in complex production chains. Extend your base and prepare for battle by developing new weapons and tactics.

There is an almost unlimited number of options to customize the game. Experienced players can create their own scenarios and set individual game goals to create new mission objectives.

Changes from 0.2:
-Alot faster because of the hardware blitter and LCD in 8bit mode.
-Frontend much nicer.
-(All) Tutorials playable.
-Much less memory useage, and thus castle dunkefelds and the hazard lab playable.
-Saving/Loading works
-Surrender is always allowed.
-Going up ranks fixed.

Download:
http://daid.mine.nu/pub/Clonk2x.zip

Claym99 posted on Sep 17 2006 at 06:01 PM said:
So, is this like an advanced version of worms?
:blink:
It's more like... mix between Worms and Settlers. But that also doesn't really describe it.

Imagine worms, but then realtime, and you can make buildings, dig, throw stuff, blow stuff up, chop trees, it can rain, you can drill for oil, encounter lava.

The controls are tricky, but you'll get used to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! This is what I have been waiting for, I can die now...
I think that this is pretty much as good as it gets. The scenario editor and everything else will just be the topping on the cake!!! WOOT!

xnopasaranx posted on Sep 17 2006 at 06:50 PM said:
Awesome! This is what I have been waiting for, I can die now...
I think that this is pretty much as good as it gets. The scenario editor and everything else will just be the topping on the cake!!! WOOT!

Um I could die anyway :lol: ...prolly cos I dont understand what I am doing :huh:

I love this game!

Hypnotoad posted on Sep 17 2006 at 03:09 PM said:
If only the controls didnt suck that much ;)

Sure, the controls might be a bit weird but once you get the hang of it you wouldn't want it any other way.

This is an awesome game, thanks for porting it to the gp2x :D

Draco posted on Sep 18 2006 at 10:39 AM said:
Sure, the controls might be a bit weird but once you get the hang of it you wouldn't want it any other way.

Well, i dont mind the controls, but the only problem i have is how
the clonk person keeps going once you release the thumbstick.
I'd prefer him to stop, without having to press down.

Anyway, again nice job! An awesome time-waster! :p

-Twixn-

Twixn posted on Sep 18 2006 at 02:10 AM said:
It makes sense though, since every action the guy is doing can be stopped with pressing down, especially digging. You can also make one guy walk in a certain direction, but as it takes him some time to get there you can select a different one and perform another task in the meantime.

Draco posted on Sep 18 2006 at 03:40 AM said:
Twixn posted on Sep 18 2006 at 02:10 AM said:
It makes sense though, since every action the guy is doing can be stopped with pressing down, especially digging. You can also make one guy walk in a certain direction, but as it takes him some time to get there you can select a different one and perform another task in the meantime.

Exactly the point of those "weird" controls. Once you master the technique you can multitask with several clonks which gives you an enormous advantage in battle mode but also when mining or building more complex structures and infra-structure, like railways, underground transportation means or the likes... In bigger levels it makes a lot of sense to connect gold mines that are located in a greater distance with tunnels and steam-engines so that you can transfer gold and other material really fast and without annoying trips throught the landscape... yes, the game can be simple or complicated ;-)

I like the way this game looks. Also speed is pretty good. However, I cannot find the instructions for this game. What exactly does one have to do in this game. I cannot find that anywhere on www.clonck.de The site only has information about versions and general info.

that`s because the description to each level is normally displayed in the gui/frontend before you play. Daid needs to find an easy way to display information from the desc files inside of the packs. In the easy worlds pack, there is a level called goldmine. Play that and try to mine all the gold and sell it in your hut. You will win then. If you really need to read the level description you can also just use the windows version of the game and have a look there. Some levels are just for fun and free play also. Not everything has objectives in the game.

i remember playing an earlier version of this with my brother.. 8 years ago. it was really fun, used to play it for hours. unfortunately the special controls combined with the limited precision of the gp2x stick makes it kind of hard to control.

Thanks Daid for this!! I have a problem though...I am not able to load games i have saved for the "easy level" gold mine. As a newer player of this game I find this one particularly fun to play, but takes too long in one shot. Is this an easy fix? I can save/load other worlds just fine.. I have only noticed that this one won't.

Hey Daid, are you still working on this? There are some really small things left to do, like in the menu, when you've got too much files in the folder, you can't select the lower one's, or atleast it won't show their names. And also there possibility of a scenario editor would be freakin' awesome!

Back