Clasic Controler To Usb Being Released In December

It has arrived...
Wii Classic Controller to PC USB Adapter
33029743.jpg

Should be in stock somewhere soon. :)

Oh nice! Do we have a price on that anywhere? I couldn't find one on the site...

I also find it cool that there's two ports. If only I still had my Wii... :(

Edit: Also, is there any news on if it will support other Wiimote devices, I.E. Guitar or Nunchuck? Probably would requite some sort of driver. Don't think standard HID covers accelerometers... >_>

-Tj- said:
Oh nice! Do we have a price on that anywhere? I couldn't find one on the site...
Not yet but check Playasia.com as they will be one of the first ones to get it.

frostedfires said:
I noticed it requires a driver for windows. Does this mean it won't work on the Pandora?
The way I read the quote "Comes with Software Driver CD-Rom, allows button re-mapping" from the Mayflash site, seems that the adapter is plug and play and fully functional without drivers like their other products. The Software CD has a driver for those who want to change the default setup or for those buyers still using 98 or earlier. :eek:

Rayek said:
Edit: Also, is there any news on if it will support other Wiimote devices, I.E. Guitar or Nunchuck? Probably would requite some sort of driver. Don't think standard HID covers accelerometers... >_>
Haven't heard anything about that extra functionality. I'm curious if it will work with one of the Wii SNES Classic Controllers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I fully intend on using the original pads for whatever system I'm emulating. Something just occurred to me though, with the emulators being ported or specifically developed for the Pandora, is there any danger that control input will be limited to the Pandora controls only? Not purposefully obviously, but as the system has it's own controls, I hope that the ability to select your own hasn't been overlooked.

That adapter is VERY cool looking!
I picked up the classic controller for the Wii but seldom use it, so this might be the thing that gets it some more play time, especially on the HTPC/Emu machine I'm putting together!

I own one of the cheaper ebay USB SNES controllers, and it's pretty cheap.
I myself have considered modding an original SNES controller with the guts.

This is really cool! I would love to be able to use my Classic Controller for playing Games/emulators on Pandora. I really want to know what the price is though...

I´ll go with my 360 controllers anyway when using it as a console on the TV.
They are whireless and you can also connect up to 4 controllers at the same time.
The only problem is, that each has a battery of its own.

nabz32x said:
They are whireless and you can also connect up to 4 controllers at the same time.

I thought I heard somewhere that you couldn't use 360 controllers because they didn't use bluetooth, I could very well be wrong, but I thought it was only PS3 or Wii(big systems of course, there are tons of fake Chinese ones) with the Pandora(at least wirelessly).

emusan said:
nabz32x said:

I thought I heard somewhere that you couldn't use 360 controllers because they didn't use bluetooth, I could very well be wrong, but I thought it was only PS3 or Wii(big systems of course, there are tons of fake Chinese ones) with the Pandora(at least wirelessly).

No that's right, the 360 pads aren't bluetooth, but they can be used on a pc if you have the microsoft usb receiver. I guess as long as there is a linux driver for that then you're good.

Sugar_Kane said:
No that's right, the 360 pads aren't bluetooth, but they can be used on a pc if you have the microsoft usb receiver. I guess as long as there is a linux driver for that then you're good.

oh yeah, I thought he was talking about wireless without using that though, but maybe he knew...

I find it really strange that you guys are buying a pandora if you plan on using external controllers all the time - you'd be better with a netbook/laptop for more processing power and a bigger screen since you won't be using the pandora as a handheld.

I mean, doesn't having to carry around a controller and a convertor totally miss the point of having a pocketable gaming system in the first place?

The Pandora has a TV-out functionality. I'm going to guess that most people discussing using external controllers are doing so with this in mind. ;)

Well, for this a notebook or even netbook is better, too (my notebook is THE emulator-machine).

Back