Pandora As Console Controller

Dothos

Still Fresh
hi

I donno if it can be done but due to Pandora's flexibility I thought it could. Anyway if it could be done I guess it could be a very good feature (donno if it has been said already if so im sorry).
I thought we could use pandora as a gamepad through USB or even Bluetooth to use with a computer, ps3, xbox...
If possible use the keyboard with the ps3 and maybe use the screen as a mouse (like a laptop touch pad).
I guess it maybe possible to mimic the ps3 controler and keyboard (and mouse) through software in order to make it be recognised as a sixaxis ou other periferal.

i dont know if it is at all possible and if im the only one who see some usefullness in this so dont flame me plz
:p
hope you guys can enlighten me in this matter.

sry if the post was a bit consfusing. thx in avance

This is actually possible :)
The trick is figuring out how you want to format and output your signals (and avoiding patents, etc. if your worried about that stuff ;)) Simply put, for a usb controller all you have to do is send out a preset signal to identify the usb device and signals that a typical usb controller will. Firefly did this with the GP32, so that it acted like a usb controller which worked great imo.

As for using it as a touchpad and usb joystick at the same time that might take a bit more work, and involve sending out the signals like it's a hub with both devices you mentioned attached unless you want to create a whole new driver for it.

Definitely an interesting idea :)

Thx

I figured it could be possible with USB but what about bluetooth to use it wireless with a ps3.

And as for working as controler, keyboard and mouse with BT is it possible for Pandora to be recognised as a sixaxis or a ps3 keyboard?

I think it could only be used as 1 device at a time with BT or am I wrong?

It is quite possible, but requires some work. You'd basically have an app you start on the pandora that sends the input in the required fashion over the required connection.

So, a quick summary:
For bluetooth, use some form of communications trapping/logging (Does wireshark, nessus, etc. work with bluetooth) to catch all the signals that you want to be able to send, then reproduce them using a linux program reproducing the signals on the pandora ;)

For usb, get a nice usb port monitor of some form and watch it go... record communications, and do the same as above.

Another nice little trick'd be to setup something like Novii Remote on PalmOS, and have it learn from other bluetooth, usb, etc.

Hooka said:
For bluetooth, use some form of communications trapping/logging (Does wireshark, nessus, etc. work with bluetooth) to catch all the signals that you want to be able to send, then reproduce them using a linux program reproducing the signals on the pandora ;)
As the DualShock III / SIXAXIS uses a standard HID Bluetooth profile, I don't think that is necessary :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Using Pandora as a keyboard/mouse combo (even just a keyboard) for the PS3 would be tremendous. Normal keyboards take up too much space on my table, for the limited times I use it. This is a brilliant idea in my opinion. Much love and admiration to whomever takes this on! B)

I wouldn't use it as controller. I would be concerned about excessive additional wear in fast paced games. An ordinary controller will always be more ergonomic and cheaper.

lol sure it would be cheaper none is gonna buy a pandora just as controller :blink:
and sure it wouldnt be a good controller compared to others and i certainly would avoid using it because ofthe additional wear you said but it would always be cool to have an extra control around just in case...:p
most of the ppl will carry it arround so it could be usefull where you go to friends house and you need an extra controller for a computer xbox ps you can just take Pandora out off your pocket (big pocket :p) and use it

I really like the Idea to Put the Pandora in a "Full-Slave" Mode, where it is connected to a other device via the USB-OTG port and acts as an Usb hub with following devices attached:
-Game controls as USB-Gamepad
-Keyboard as USB-Keyboard
-Touchscreen as USB Tablet
-NAND and SD Cards as seperate Mass storage Devices
-USB Network card, either a virtual one that connects to pandoras localhost, or direct acces to the wifi chip
-same as above for bluetooth
-sound as usb-sound card
-pandora usb host port

Of course fully configurable

And then go even a step further and tunnel the usb connection over wifi or bluetooth :rolleyes:

Back