Cancelled

Don't! Upgrade to Premium!

+1 It's worth it. Infact, it's worth MORE than the Premium Price IMO. :wub:
In 2011 do you really think a 430Mhz ARM processor and 256Mb of RAM is worth $500? I already own two devices with better specs then that.

The only thing the Pandora has going for it is a unique form factor - and while the form factor is still unique, I wouldn't say it is worth $150 more then when I paid for it initially.

I'm not against people supporting OP by upgrading, but you have to be drinking industrial grade kool-aid to think that spending money to reduce waiting time that was never supposed to happen in the first place is "worth it".

hows that device of yours doing with psx/n64/amiga emulation, if i may ask? how are the analogue sticks on it? whats the onboard compiler like? if you have a problem with any of its software, can you ask the person who developed it themselves for support?

these are all serious questions btw, the wait for pandora is killing me, and you seem to know of at least 2 devices that are better, please share the wealth!

also, that 430mhz cpu you speak of, yeah thats the DSP, the real cpu would be the one thats rated at 600mhz, even though theyre virtually all overclockable to 900mhz with ease, also how is the battery on your 2 devices from your futuristic 2011?

Last edited by a moderator:
That wooshing sound you heard, DaMummy? That was the point going right over your head.

Get a grip man. My "futuristic 2011" phone (actually it was 2010... whatever) was cheaper, has a better processor, more memory, better battery life and perfectly functional emulators.

Thanks for asking about the form factor, but I already said the thing pandora has going for it is form factor. Jesus.

What the hell does any of that have to do with my point? Namely:

PAYING $150 EXTRA TO SKIP WAITING TIME THAT WAS NEVER SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN IS NOT "TOTALLY WORTH IT"

Don't! Upgrade to Premium!
we know, the premium option

have you some answers to our questions about CC? it could be more helpful ;)

The only thing I see is ED working until 05:00 over the webcam.

you're lucky, i have seen it only one time, since that day i find it always offline

That wooshing sound you heard, DaMummy? That was the point going right over your head.

Get a grip man. My "futuristic 2011" phone (actually it was 2010... whatever) was cheaper, has a better processor, more memory, better battery life and perfectly functional emulators.

Thanks for asking about the form factor, but I already said the thing pandora has going for it is form factor. Jesus.

PAYING $150 EXTRA TO SKIP WAITING TIME THAT WAS NEVER SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN IS NOT "TOTALLY WORTH IT"

I bet they sell phones at a loss; the real money comes from all sorts of fees (both from you and app developers).

Ah, a troll!

Sure your phone has a better battery than 4200mah. Right. And I bet those emulators are AMAZING with no controls.

Oh and the fact you think that all there is to the power of a system is the Mhz rating.. well.. I guess the Caannoo is just as powerful as the Pandora.

Troll? Do you also lack basic comprehension skills Craigix?

You know what? I'll just spare you my "trolling" and cancel my order. I can put up with the dick-waving bullshit from fanboys, but I don't need it from the people I'm trying to support.

Ah, a troll!

Sure your phone has a better battery than 4200mah. Right. And I bet those emulators are AMAZING with no controls.

Oh and the fact you think that all there is to the power of a system is the Mhz rating.. well.. I guess the Caannoo is just as powerful as the Pandora.
Why is he a troll? A lot of people who originally paid for the Pandora did so because you advertised it as being the most powerful handheld out at the time. Now your going to call him a troll because he points out that that is no longer true? Grow up!

He's already said that "the thing pandora has going for it is form factor." and a lot of people who already have a Pandora are also using an external joypad/mouse instead of the built in controls so what's the difference?

Who's using external controls? No, really, who? On a device that's designed to be handheld, that's kind of redundant and pointless.

Also, she?

Troll? Do you also lack basic comprehension skills Craigix?

You know what? I'll just spare you my "trolling" and cancel my order. I can put up with the dick-waving bullshit from fanboys, but I don't need it from the people I'm trying to support.

I can understand your frustrations , but these guys have a point , state of the art phones don't have shit on the Pandora. Its like a mini pc stroke console. The openness , the emulators , the controls... non of these amazing phones can compete with it , my iphone4 is shit compared to my Pandora. It's not about being a fanboy.. I've had mine for 4months and I went premium. Best purchase I've made , based on all the entertainment it provides me. Your not just buying a handheld gaming device your receiving an infinite amount of free software which is rapidly evolving which you can experiment so much with.

Who's using external controls? No, really, who? On a device that's designed to be handheld, that's kind of redundant and pointless.

Also, she?
All the people who are wanting to get Xbox controllers working? What about the people that use the mouse when playing quake etc.?

Yeah, I was in a rush to reply because I was getting ready and put he instead of she but changed it about 2 mins later. Well pointed out, give yourself a gold star.

EDIT: Never mind then I'll change them all back lol

I've been following the project for a very long time, I only found the funds to order in February of 2010.

I had never seriously pondered cancelling until today, and if I needed the money I would do it in a heartbeat. I really believe in the project, but the last few weeks have been desolate in terms of news and progress. (And don't start with the premium argument, paying extra for something that already cost in excess of $300 is simply not possible for me.)

I'm at the end of batch 1, February 2010, when can I look for my unit? I'm at the end of my line here.

If anyone is in to the newest phone thing, that is their right to do. Comparing the Pandora to such devices is an apples and oranges debate at best.

The Pandora will never satisfy that paticular user, as they are always looking for the next latest and greatest tech toy. That is how Apple is able to bring out new tech every 6-12 months, and people jump on it like it's the second coming. I refuse to pay those clowns for something twice, when it is obvious they could care less about long term support(That's just me though).

For me personally, I prefer the Pandora over any new phone on the market currently. If the Pandora came out 2 years ago, or yesterday, guess what? It still only runs what it was intended to run, so it matters not what it could do 3 years ago, or today. The controls are just about the best out there, and easily best the DS, PSP, and ipod touch for current gaming, and classics alike.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.......I could care less if the latest and greatest phones can run Gears Of War 3, Crysis, Bioshock, ect., without proper gaming controls I would never bother to run Donkey Kong on it, let alone some cutting edge 3rd or first person shooter. That's why I say comparing the 2 devices is just moot.

If anyone wants to show off their new toys and say "WOW, look my new phone can run god of war full speed with sound"!, I would say, who cares? Guess what, you'll never finsish the game or enjoy it with touch screen/keyboard controls, and if you do, the Pandora was never for you, as proper gaming controls are not a factor for that person. The Pandora rocks because of the great battery, the great controls, and the great form factor of being able to do so many things well.

So, the same people who want to cancel today, are the same ones who would have canceled 2 years ago if the Pandora had shipped on time, as they are not into what the Pandora represents. They just want the latest and greatest toy, which the Pandora was never about. I plan to get a PSV later this year, and I'm enjoying my 3DS very much, but I will never get rid of my Pandora, as it fills a void that no current device can fill for me personaly.

Nuff' Said!

Chris

Personally, I'm losing hope in ever receiving it (or rather, in receiving it in a timely manner.) I have gone without any nice handheld gadgetry for a long time in waiting for the Pandora. I saved my money and paid for it, expecting a realistic turnover. For my needs, nothing rivals it. This reason alone keeps me from cancelling. I could take the money and buy another gadget, but it would always lack something. On the other hand, the $170 premium charge is simply not realistic. $170 is a decent sum of cash, and I just can't throw it away to jump in line.

I'm frustrated and sick of waiting just like everyone else, but I don't see a reason to abandon ship until/if a competitor arrives.

Personally, I'm losing hope in ever receiving it (or rather, in receiving it in a timely manner.) I have gone without any nice handheld gadgetry for a long time in waiting for the Pandora. I saved my money and paid for it, expecting a realistic turnover. For my needs, nothing rivals it. This reason alone keeps me from cancelling. I could take the money and buy another gadget, but it would always lack something. On the other hand, the $170 premium charge is simply not realistic. $170 is a decent sum of cash, and I just can't throw it away to jump in line.

I'm frustrated and sick of waiting just like everyone else, but I don't see a reason to abandon ship until/if a competitor arrives.
Now you are the consumer that I completely feel for, and wish things would haved worked out better for. I completely agree that you should not have to fork over money for the premium unit, if you don't have it, or just don't feel you should have to. I also agree that nothing else compares to what this unit offers, so that leaves you and many others stuck in limbo. Can't get their Pandora, and there is no other alternative!

You are the guys/gals that the team should be contacting on a regular basis to say "Thank You, and sorry for the extended delay"! I know those who read the forums on a regular basis already know this, but it would still be nice to get a personal message from someone stating that. There are also those who preordered, and completely forgot about this project, and are suprised when it shows up on their doorstep(this is the best way to go, but is hard to forget about the Pandora).

So Ollonk, I'll say "Thank You for your order, and your business" it is greatly apprecited! As without you, and many others, those of us who do have a unit would have never gotten ours in the first place. Hopefully you will get your unit soon, and you can then see how fantastic this device truly is. Good Luck to you, me, and everyone else who is still waitng.

Chris

Back