[Cancelled] Aluminium cases are NOT being made!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, didn't want to sound like I was rushing. Thanks for the update

Got 80 refunds to process, this takes a while.

All normal options (only refunds, no repairs, no vouchers) have been handled first. Vouchers will follow this week.

Next week we'll handle repairs and upgrades or sending back units that had been shipped to us already.
Wonderful! Thank you for the update. It takes every fiber of my being to keep from emailing every day to ask whether my Pandora has been picked up from the post office yet.

Thank you once again for your stellar support and communication!

Wonderfull all worked fine:

+Refunded ^_^

+buying the Spare GHZ Board for here :D

+he repaired the golden Pandora ;)

-Donation over Paypal did not work more :(

Maybe i can Donate to the Shop itself?

Just a quick info:

* All refunds have been sent! (contact me if you didn't get at least a message)

* All Pandoras I had here have been repaired and sent back.

Can anyone point me in the direction of the Files for the Pandoras Cases? (3D Models)

I've got a guy in town that can CNC these out of various materials, and a friend who has very high quality 3D Printing access.

I might be able to see how much these would cost and have one made for the fun of it in a week or two.

ED linked to the files in the first post of this thread.    (EDIT:  the linked thread that is,  I just noticed how that sounded)

- Neelix

Last edited by a moderator:
ED linked to the files in the first post of this thread.    (EDIT:  the linked thread that is,  I just noticed how that sounded)

- Neelix
Thank you very much, the guy down the street said he could print the whole case and everything (Keys, nubs, buttons, etc) for like 54$.

Im considering this, Seems like some of the parts have sub 0.07mm sections which is a problem for alot of machines.

Please make sure to give us some pictures...
NO PROBLEM!

It may be a week or so, But I will for sure make a video and post it here.

I've looked at all the options for colors and materials, I'm really leaning towards the Clear materials. Looks kinda like the original Gameboy Clear. (More of a Hacker/Prototype look) Which I really like. But I can do any normal color, (Blue, black, gold, red, purple, green, etc.)

Can your CNC friend use metal too?  We're full of potential customers, whether or not.  Keep us in the loop.

Thank you very much, the guy down the street said he could print the whole case and everything (Keys, nubs, buttons, etc) for like 54$.
I've looked at all the options for colors and materials, I'm really leaning towards the Clear materials. Looks kinda like the original Gameboy Clear. (More of a Hacker/Prototype look) Which I really like. But I can do any normal color, (Blue, black, gold, red, purple, green, etc.)
Tell Rumpelstiltskin, er, your friend that I will pay $54 for one printed out of gold! :p

I am pretty fond of clear, as are a few others here.  Over the last several years my overwhelming fondness for things close to the "Extreme Green" Nintendo used for a Game Boy Pocket and N64 controller has returned, and I have been getting a lot of bright yellowish-green, especially translucent, stuff (I have the Game Boy and have been looking for a decent deal on the controller, and missed one a couple days ago).

Like Tenka said, let us know about the chances metal cases.  Either way, good luck.  Make sure you choose a durable material so you don't have issues as seen in the video with the brittle Pyra case.  That one literally broke while I was looking at it (but ED was doing stuff with it...).

NO PROBLEM!It may be a week or so, But I will for sure make a video and post it here.

"You can have any color you want as long as it's black." :D

Seriously, great idea and it's good to have various options. I wonder if the case files can be used as they are or have to be modified (the ones done for the canceled CNC job). I played around with the original case files from ED, they can be easily modified to have some more cleaned and rounded edges. Some of the Pandora case partsare indeed "sharp" and could need some overhaul.

NO PROBLEM!
It may be a week or so, But I will for sure make a video and post it here.

"You can have any color you want as long as it's black." :D
Seriously, great idea and it's good to have various options. I wonder if the case files can be used as they are or have to be modified (the ones done for the canceled CNC job). I played around with the original case files from ED, they can be easily modified to have some more cleaned and rounded edges. Some of the Pandora case partsare indeed "sharp" and could need some overhaul.
Hahaha, If you have any modified files for the pieces you want me to try out let me know. I will probably get some 8000 Grit sand paper so I can smooth the whole thing over.

I would be really interested in a clear case even at 54 dollars maybe even a bit more if you needed to factor in some personal profit margin. The only real factor is it would need to be strong; just got my first hinge crack :(

hackers_powerbook_duo_280c_2.jpg

I would be really interested in a clear case even at 54 dollars maybe even a bit more if you needed to factor in some personal profit margin. The only real factor is it would need to be strong; just got my first hinge crack :(

Wow, is that a PowerBook Duo? I would pay heavily for that laptop with the case lol.

I just bought another Pandora from DaDude so idk if I'll get them made before or after.

Hahaha, If you have any modified files for the pieces you want me to try out let me know. I will probably get some 8000 Grit sand paper so I can smooth the whole thing over.
I have no "usable" files, they are just for testing and playing around, sadly. ^^" For real usage they would need to be much more precise and of course it should be done by people who have access to a CNC or 3D printer machine to know best what to do.

However, if you want some ideas of (compared easy) modifications to improve the case, just look at all the 90° hard edges around, there are many. :D  Here for example, at the front "inlay", the Pandora has an inwards shaped rounding which leaves an sharp edge outside. I inverted the rounding and now it should feel much better...in theory. ^^"

compare22jpj.jpg

You plan to hack the Gibson, right? ;)

I have no "usable" files, they are just for testing and playing around, sadly. ^^" For real usage they would need to be much more precise and of course it should be done by people who have access to a CNC or 3D printer machine to know best what to do.
However, if you want some ideas of (compared easy) modifications to improve the case, just look at all the 90° hard edges around, there are many. :D  Here for example, at the front "inlay", the Pandora has an inwards shaped rounding which leaves an sharp edge outside. I inverted the rounding and now it should feel much better...in theory. ^^"

compare22jpj.jpg

You plan to hack the Gibson, right? ;)
That's actually a really good looking design. I like the color scheme. I can get any part any color, so if you wanted the buttons to be a separate color or whatever. The only thing I probably won't be able to do is change the keymat since it's silicon. I might be able to get a nylon one made, but I would need those little black conductive pieces under the keys.

*edit, I REALLY, REally, like that slogan. 

I'm going to put that somewhere embedded in the plastic.. "Hack the Planet!" 

Maybe Under the Pandora Logo. 

Which software do you guys used for 3D Models? 

Mine cracked on the right outer edge of the lid where the tab is.  I don't know how it popped out since I usually check for scratches and such whenever I use it, and I should have noticed.

When I am holding my Pandora during normal use my hands are nowhere near the front edge.  How the hell are you people holding these things so that the interior of the front edge is a threatening sharp edge?  I don't understand how the edges that my hands do touch could harm even my super soft hands, which get cut up all the time on mystery items without me noticing until blood gets everywhere, or I feel pain from something getting in the wound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back