[Cancelled] Aluminium cases are NOT being made!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we got a new casing release date? Or is it still the apparent 2 weeks from 2 weeks ago?

I am tired to read it.

2 Weeks 2 Weeks...

@IDV...show us a Screenshot of a Pandora Aluminium Case 3D Model or near please.

Something that awake new Hope for us ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed, my pandora looks like its been through The Battle of Rorke's Drift, despite my best efforts to keep it safe...Just some news would be grand!

I'm sorry for being unsupportive, but is it possible to cancel? Many things have happened since the order, and I would now settle for just a black plastic case RIGHT NOW to replace the cracked parts rather than waiting for a great alu case SOMETIME SOON.

I'm sorry for being unsupportive, but is it possible to cancel? Many things have happened since the order, and I would now settle for just a black plastic case RIGHT NOW to replace the cracked parts rather than waiting for a great alu case SOMETIME SOON.
I can't think of any reasons why it shouldn't, best ask ED via his shops support system

It's so close yet so far yet so close yet so far... ;)

IDV, if you read this, please spit out an image or something or just give all of us a bunch of arrows and we will go hunting instead while waiting for the Alu case.  I'm sure no one remember the Alu case while hunting  ;)

Now lets face the truth. IDV is Craig :)
Don't insult IDV, it's not his fault that the Pandora curse strikes. ;)
Well, it does look rather like another case of biting off more than he can chew and not building in contingencies/alternatives, and then becoming less communicative than would help most people who are waiting.  People don't like excuses, but they prefer them to silence.

Still, it's far to early to say anyone's gone full-craig, and I guess silence is still better than passive agressive 'what's your order number?' nonsense.

Well, it does look rather like another case of biting off more than he can chew and not building in contingencies/alternatives, and then becoming less communicative than would help most people who are waiting. 
Well it's again the case (oh oh) of someone promising the moon, and then failing repeatedly to deliver, then going in silence mode for months and coming back with unprobable excuses. I'm waiting for the "my car caught fire" next :D  Just as a reminder the original production was supposed to be in F***ING OCTOBER. It's like end March soon. We're not talking about launching rockets to Mars or something.

Seriously, if you don't know how to manage a project, don't start one in the first place, or do it at your own expenses instead of everyone else's. :/

Seriously, if you don't know how to manage a project, don't start one in the first place, or do it at your own expenses instead of everyone else's. :/
Which he does. As far as I did understand it, currently everything he does till everything is ready is on his own expense - the preorder money sits on EDs account.

Which he does. As far as I did understand it, currently everything he does till everything is ready is on his own expense - the preorder money sits on EDs account.
No, don't take "expense" literally here. There's moral expense as well. 

No, don't take "expense" literally here. There's moral expense as well.
And how are the delays expending us morally? At most it's wearing our patience down, but pre-ordering something not made is the wrong choice if you have little patience.

Abusing people's trusts and hopes
I don't see how he's abused our trust. He took no money up front, he's doing this "pro bono" until it's done, then he'll get paid. So if he cancels the project at any point, the only person who's lost out is IDV.Regarding hope, there's still hope, if there wasn't, everyone would have cashed their chips in and walked away.

destroying their enthusiasm with undelivered promises.
Guess what!? Shit happens...And life lesson - there's certainly no problems with being a bit sceptical when it comes to anything - you're more likely to avoid being taken for a ride by more malicious people.

So really, all I see in this is you talking shit about IDV, and IIRC, you're not even invested in this (Not as though any of us really are). Sure he's late, but he's certainly not the first, and he's certainly not going to be the last.

Good things will come to those who wait, and patience is a virtue... win/win? ;)

The sweet promise of an aluminum case around my beloved pandora is what keeps me hoping for good news.

Soon™

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back