GP32 Can You Guys Help Make A Gp32 Game For Me?

unfortunately the flash site is by software :( basically wysiwig but in flash so dont see ay code or anything, well yes i produce music, do voice acting, can draw i guess but rather poo like, i have been told im psychic so if you want a reading ;)
so its not like i will give super minimal effort.
at least asking for help and this way getting a game made is a lot better than just moaning or taking the piss out of one, i didnt know you could host other peoples games??thought it was illegal.. shall look at that, i know about free flash games but again i would be promoting the "corporates website" not the individual coder etc etc i want to show the person and website also the flash i wanted to also if possible be on gp32 ie the games the same showing whats possible - fun in flash fun on gp32.
thanks for the posting guys i appreciate it a lot
by the way woogal you gave me one too many .'s
here is something in return for your help @====D sorry i cannot show the furry testicles but maybe you can code the fur to show on the text ;)
synkro i think we both know that name is already from the poundshop line of brick games no?

I think what I hate, is when people say "i'm a voice actor", " I'm an artist" or "I'm a genius" (Monkeydrang).

Yes, be creative, have passions, do your things etc. But remember that it takes not only creative sparks but also ABILITY!!!!! If you wanna come on these boards and say I have a great idea for something that would be new and exciting, and then is so boring and derivative; and only seeks to promote yourself then get flamed!

I DO work in the arts, day in day out. When I chose this path I didn't say "I'm gonna be an artist now", but rather fought to get into the best College in the country for what I wanted to do. Seven years I left, and then started to try to really learn my 'craft'. I have been doing it for a living now since 1997, and still consider that I have a lifetime of learning now. I hopefully approach my work with humility and know that I will never be good enough to satisfy what is inside of me. Why? Because it isn't about what I can do or about me, but what the music should be about.

I hear crap about being an 'artist' all the while, from the fat teenage girl on Pop idol saying "I've worked really hard, I practiced all last night" to "My name is Russell Watson, and I'm an opera singer (even though I never have or never could or would never be given the chance to sing in an opera!".

I know this rant isn't really applicable here, but what the heck! I've typed it so... Just learn to do it or stay away. Learn the craft, the art. In the UK we don't have any idea that actual physical ability is just as important as creative spark, and to say "I can't code the thing, but want it anyway" is pure laziness. So, I'm sorry, but you have deserved your flaming!

I think what I hate, is when people say "i'm a voice actor", " I'm an artist" or "I'm a genius" (Monkeydrang).

Yes, be creative, have passions, do your things etc. But remember that it takes not only creative sparks but also ABILITY!!!!! If you wanna come on these boards and say I have a great idea for something that would be new and exciting, and then is so boring and derivative; and only seeks to promote yourself then get flamed!

I DO work in the arts, day in day out. When I chose this path I didn't say "I'm gonna be an artist now", but rather fought to get into the best College in the country for what I wanted to do. Seven years I left, and then started to try to really learn my 'craft'. I have been doing it for a living now since 1997, and still consider that I have a lifetime of learning now. I hopefully approach my work with humility and know that I will never be good enough to satisfy what is inside of me. Why? Because it isn't about what I can do or about me, but what the music should be about.

I hear crap about being an 'artist' all the while, from the fat teenage girl on Pop idol saying "I've worked really hard, I practiced all last night" to "My name is Russell Watson, and I'm an opera singer (even though I never have or never could or would never be given the chance to sing in an opera!".

I know this rant isn't really applicable here, but what the heck! I've typed it so... Just learn to do it or stay away. Learn the craft, the art. In the UK we don't have any idea that actual physical ability is just as important as creative spark, and to say "I can't code the thing, but want it anyway" is pure laziness. So, I'm sorry, but you have deserved your flaming!
oh im so sorry but after recieving my diploma in performing arts i have been acting and voice acting so you see i am a voice actor - im not a little pleb that says oh im an actor because i was on stage in 1972 for like a day i have been and am involved with numerous productions and projects i have also been to lipa so i am more than qualified to state what i am and not i have been making music since i was 15 so 10 years now- sure i am still learning thats what life is all about - are you saying you are an artist but cant call yourself one? what is your job title?
i feel very sorry for those that are scared to call themselves what they are through fear of reprucusions from their freinds or loved ones if you are a musician be proud and not some moaning old fart i have tried to understand flash and the gp32 software i just cant do it, ive read all the faq's ive gone through tutorials ive got lynda.com tutorials on flash i still cannot do it, im not whining about it i have tried for ages i just cant get my head round it at all seriously its like you saying i just cant reach my 5th octave theres not much you can do about it if you have tried and tried and it doesnt come naturally or is difficult to get to learn then what can you do? :rolleyes:
you have to make your own opportunities if your pissd coz your not on world idol or working with others then make it your own way, why wait to work with others go out there and force it through force destiny if you are good and are proud of what you can do you surely can achieve it. not on a game offer yourself make a post like this so i can give you crap about something only you know about :)
you dont have to be mainstream just have fun do big things in little ways and then theyll all add up.
failing that make an online cv showing your achievements. and forward it on.
smile and be happy too that always helps or else youd like to continue sucking on your lemon there. maybe thats why you havent been hired before your too sour.

Last edited by a moderator:
"While GBAX is just over, I'm happy to announce that there is A NEW coding competition :)

The PDRC #3.33 (PDRoms Coding Competition #3.33)

The goal is to create a retro-style game (can be simple like Frogger or a bit more advanced like M.U.L.E. or Bruce Lee). It just has to be in Retro-8bit-graphics style.

There are many many consoles allowed (check the rules) and the contest ends July, 14th. You can win a GameKing!

Check out the rules here, discuss about it here and START CODING!

Source: www.pdroms.de"

would seem someone had a similar idea .. is everyone gonna flame them now?

We know this already ;) No need to announce that here.

I`m gonna help you, if you can help me with making some sprites, check your pm`s please.
Oh and stop flaming people, or I`m not helping you anymore. Your request was a bit selfish, so I can understand the reactions of the people here.

i wasnt trying to sound selfish i have come across wrong in the posting section and i have gone about it in a wrong way anyway but i didnt know which way to go about it in the first place - i asked a whilst back about learning and did what people told me - im not flaming for the sake of flaming just dont like being given abuse for nothing.

anybody reading this
im sorry i have written my request wrong i meant it to be a game project others would be involved in with, an old type game from the fun 8bit era, featuring images by me which could be enjoyed by all but featuring a character resemblance infact i dont even know now if i want it to be me o_O;
i just wanted the community to support gp32 making fun little games - i guess im a bit pissd too that there is lots going on about psp and ds and gp32 is getting a little less atention and there are so many good coders and games out there.

SO I APOLOGISE EVERYONE I DIDNT MEAN TO BE NASTY :GOMENE:

oh im so sorry but after recieving my diploma in performing arts i have been acting and voice acting so you see i am a voice actor - im not a little pleb that says oh im an actor because i was on stage in 1972 for like a day i have been and am involved with numerous productions and projects i have also been to lipa so i am more than qualified to state what i am and not i have been making music since i was 15 so 10 years now- sure i am still learning thats what life is all about - are you saying you are an artist but cant call yourself one? what is your job title?
i feel very sorry for those that are scared to call themselves what they are through fear of reprucusions from their freinds or loved ones if you are a musician be proud and not some moaning old fart i have tried to understand flash and the gp32 software i just cant do it, ive read all the faq's ive gone through tutorials ive got lynda.com tutorials on flash i still cannot do it, im not whining about it i have tried for ages i just cant get my head round it at all seriously its like you saying i just cant reach my 5th octave theres not much you can do about it if you have tried and tried and it doesnt come naturally or is difficult to get to learn then what can you do? :rolleyes:
you have to make your own opportunities if your pissd coz your not on world idol or working with others then make it your own way, why wait to work with others go out there and force it through force destiny if you are good and are proud of what you can do you surely can achieve it. not on a game offer yourself make a post like this so i can give you crap about something only you know about :)
you dont have to be mainstream just have fun do big things in little ways and then theyll all add up.
failing that make an online cv showing your achievements. and forward it on.
smile and be happy too that always helps or else youd like to continue sucking on your lemon there. maybe thats why you havent been hired before your too sour.

I don't wanna talk about me, but I make a very nice living being an Opera Singer. I don't sing because I want to promote myself, I sing because I want to express the music I am given, and to promote what people far greater than me have written. The 'self' should be taken out of art. Not promoting yourslef through games! I have achieved all of my personal goals in life, but have lots more ambitions to sing roles that I feel I could add something to. This isn't me massaging my pretentious ego, it's just that I don't crave fame or need to be a star. I hate taking curtain calls. But I am a real Opera singer. I trained very hard, and have achieved much by hard hard work.

You come here, wanting to be in a computer game, why? Who will benefit? Then you say you can't understand coding, so there's no point trying? Well, then don't try, and don't ask someone else to do it! It would be like me wanting to sing this role, realising I couldn't so asking someone else to sing it for me. Then I would take the curtain call!!!???!

Sorry if I got pissed, but I hate people who think that being creative is only about promoting themselves. Take someone like Reesy here, what he does is fantastic, but he goes about it with modesty. I enjoy the substantial monetary rewards my job offers, but it was never the reason I became a singer, and never should be!

lets just say we have never met - im sure if you knew me you would understand, im not after fame or anything im after achieveing things ive always wanted to do, just cause i wanted to do them not cause im hungry for fame or monetary gain, i do quite a bit of voice work and acting for free simply because it is for roles or parts i love not the paid role i dont have a sense of achievement in. ive not told anyone on here to go to the films websites or anything i love colaborating with others and for me what quiest and i and me and others are in the process of doing is something i wish to do not for promoting me quite simply for promoting fun on the gp32 - as it turns out i dont think ill be doing the character as me as it does seem pretty vain and others cant stand the idea about it plus if it was for pure vanity why would anyone want to play as a hairy fat guy in a game when you could play as a skinyy blnde girl?? . :rolleyes: :lol:

OKay, first off, offering up hosting on a website isn't really an offer. Its like -- anyone can post on a site.. head on over to geocities or the like, there oyu go in 10 minutes :)

The question is, what you can offer to help out; artwork or whatever.

But even if nothing, thats cool, nothing wrong with asking if someone wants to help out, but you have to expect that no one will most likely. (ie: If someone wants to help, they're likely a newbie coder.. a real coder would onyl do somethign halfway interesting, as wasting his time making something for a night or two isn't very productive use of his time and he wouldnt' learn anything or have any fun at it. But you might be able to get a newbie to help out, since they would learn something.)

However, as everyone points out..

Why not try Fenix? Its less complex than something like C/C++, so you coudl actually build it yourself.

Otherwise you'd have to wait and see if anyone wants to do it for you, which is doubtful, but anythings possible.

But feel free to keep fanning the flames, since its sort of funny to watch this :)

jeff

OKay, first off, offering up hosting on a website isn't really an offer. Its like -- anyone can post on a site.. head on over to geocities or the like, there oyu go in 10 minutes :)

But even if nothing, thats cool, nothing wrong with asking if someone wants to help out, but you have to expect that no one will most likely. (ie: If someone wants to help, they're likely a newbie coder.. a real coder would onyl do somethign halfway interesting, as wasting his time making something for a night or two isn't very productive use of his time and he wouldnt' learn anything or have any fun at it. But you might be able to get a newbie to help out, since they would learn something.)

Why not try Fenix? Its less complex than something like C/C++, so you coudl actually build it yourself.

Otherwise you'd have to wait and see if anyone wants to do it for you, which is doubtful, but anythings possible.

But feel free to keep fanning the flames, since its sort of funny to watch this :)

jeff

Okay, I`m taking this as a compliment ;) :D

I`m going to help him, but only because he helps me with making some sprites for my minigames (maybe you know, I`m a real bad sprite painter/artist), so his help may be very good for the minigame project to get more games faster B)

jeff

Okay, I`m taking this as a compliment ;) :D

I`m going to help him, but only because he helps me with making some sprites for my minigames (maybe you know, I`m a real bad sprite painter/artist), so his help may be very good for the minigame project to get more games faster B)

What sort of sprites do you need for any new mini games?

Hmm, a man on skis and trees & flags from a birds view, and some more stuff I can`t think of atm.

Back