Maze Game

mac-10

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hi all

I hope I'm posting this in the right place.

I have been working on a little game for a couple of weeks now, it a very simple maze game.

I was hoping that some of you guys in the community could give me some feedback and suggestions or let me know if you find any errors ;)

http://webpoint-servers.com/sdl/LABYRINTH.rar

Its not very complex I build it to test the maze generator and learn how to handle things like game states and sound. Hopefully my next game will be more of a game :)

anyway if you got a moment please check it out

many thanks

Mac

Hi,

Nice game, but it crashes after some minutes of play though...(on my GP2X F200 + Open2X DR 7)

And that mp3 is quickly getting on my nerves ;)

Could you mix this labyrinth game with your former procedurally generated maze ?

Bye and thanks, Magic Sam

Hi Sam

thanks for checking it out

I'll start work on fixing the crashing problem :)

got any suggestions for some background music or should I just leave the
sound out of it.

the plan is to plug-in the maze generator in to the hallway system.
but I think I need some more experience will SDL and C++.

thanks for your time Sam it is very much appreciated

Mac

Hi

I've fixed the crashing problem and removed the annoying mp3

here is the link

http://www.webpoint-servers.com/sdl/labyrinth.rar

thanks for checking the game Sam

Hi Mac :)
mac-10 said:
got any suggestions for some background music or should I just leave the
sound out of it.
I'd would like to hear some dark themed music, because it must be a rather sad experience to be trapped inside a maze, looking for yellow keys ;)
mac-10 said:
I've fixed the crashing problem and removed the annoying mp3
Thanks, the game no longer crashes :) Here are some suggestions for future releases:

- The game asks to press the X button to continue, while you still have to press the B button, as in your previous release.
- What about adding a "Time Attack" mode, where you have to complete the maze as quickly as you can, with an high score table at the end ?
- Let's add a kind of "Fog Of War", where the maze slowly appears as you make your way through it, and slowly disappears behind you...
- In harder levels the screen is way too small IMO, it makes the game painful for the eyes...

Bye and thanks, Magic Sam

Last edited by a moderator:
Back