Caanoo - The New Gph Console?

Nova said:
I believe this hand belongs to the girl next to him, as you can see some of her cuff.

GPH hasn't shown any new hardware yet, but they're keeping us busy with this puzzle in the meantime.
You made me open up paint, goddamn it.
intro02.jpg

Edit: Oh I see what you mean. Yeah, it belongs to the girl with a book (wtf?).

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks as if FunGP has alternate images for the Caanoo ad on their homepage...

intro01.jpg

Those girls are from a game called Rhythmos. Here is another pic of them...

Rhythmos-320x226.jpg

At least these girls look normal enough. They are just having some fun playing the Rock Band 3 demo at E3 2010...LOL!

Gotta love that Keytar!

As far as the other pic goes the guy with the white head and black body could be wearing a skin tight shirt like Under Armour makes. The one who is showing boobs looked like a chick to me so I don't see anything strange about her, except the fact that she is an exhibitionist. Maybe she is just trying to show her flat chested companions up.

Here are some other pics of some of those charatcers...

m3_game17_01.jpg

2010-06-16_113813.png

2010-06-16_113830.png

They are from a game called Asura Cross: Wired (aka Blood Cross).

Did asura cross ever come out? I know I've seen that game a bunch of times before.

Noticed that gph has a facebook page for caanoo here

The girls from that music game look cute.

I hope gph actually does finally come out with fungp. Some of their commercial games actually looked pretty decent but cost too much and with digital distribution should be able to be cheaper.

migo said:
The "black" guy is a yellow guy with a black rash guard.
Nah, I reckon he's a white boy who just went for a swim in the gulf of Mexico.

So if the Caanoo has the same architecture as the Wiz, same screen res, and possible the same OS, then this might actually improve dev for the Wiz since porting games/apps over to the Wiz from the Caanoo will be (hopefully) easy???

When GPH contacted me about sending a review unit for openXile, they wanted the address before July 15th. So they might be sending them out to distributors sooner than anticipated.

Nova said:
When GPH contacted me about sending a review unit for openXile, they wanted the address before July 15th. So they might be sending them out to distributors sooner than anticipated.

We know they've had what appear to be fully functional Caanoo's for a while, and they sent out Wiz units several months before release, so I wouldn't really expect that sending you a Caanoo a month before release means the release is going to be sooner.

Good point, but I presume they will be sending a retail unit, as they did with the Wiz. Thus I presume they'll have started pumping out retail boxed units and sending them to distributors by the time they send it. They probably don't encounter the same manufacturing problems as OP, I imagine they can send a load of cases of Caanoo out before the month is out. But maybe they'll send them to Korean retailers first.

Then again, I could very well be wrong, I don't know squat about their manufacturing process.

I guess if yours comes in a retail box then it'd be a possible indicator, yeah. Guess we'll have to wait (not very long) and see..

But there shouldn't be any real rush to get Caanoo out. Especially if the games aren't as ready as it could be.

Nova said:
Good point, but I presume they will be sending a retail unit, as they did with the Wiz. Thus I presume they'll have started pumping out retail boxed units and sending them to distributors by the time they send it. They probably don't encounter the same manufacturing problems as OP, I imagine they can send a load of cases of Caanoo out before the month is out. But maybe they'll send them to Korean retailers first.

Then again, I could very well be wrong, I don't know squat about their manufacturing process.

The had more or less final Wiz systems for quite sometime before they released the console also. Mine only seems to differ from the retail models in the finishing on the plastic.

Back