Caanoo - The New Gph Console?

MDave said:
Looks like they were aiming for something like the GP32 because that was so successful, but that analog stick must be a lost in translation thing ... people liked the stick on the GP32, so they choose to go with a stick with this one? But the important part is that the GP32 used micro switches so it was more like an arcade stick / Neo Geo Pocket stick? :unsure:

They will get it right someday, right? And yeah, that SoC is not very attractive at this day and age.

i don't think it comes out clear in the previous posts what stick they use. so for the emulation side we still can hope for the gp32 solution :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ari64 said:
Nova said:
It's not GPH's fault that the Wiz wasn't better accepted. People like Craig, who would have been a main european stockist slammed the Wiz, and didn't support it enough to get it off the ground, which he did do with the GP32 and the GP2x, instead focusing on building his own thing this time round.
It is entirely GPH's fault. If the GP2X had been better, I might have bought a Wiz. Craig's opinion had nothing to do with it, and I didn't buy the GP2X from him.

BTW What does "Caanoo" mean anyway?

What a load of rubbish.

Oh and btw, caanoo clearly means that you caanoo please every idiot.

crow_riot said:
MDave said:
Looks like they were aiming for something like the GP32 because that was so successful, but that analog stick must be a lost in translation thing ... people liked the stick on the GP32, so they choose to go with a stick with this one? But the important part is that the GP32 used micro switches so it was more like an arcade stick / Neo Geo Pocket stick? :unsure:

They will get it right someday, right? And yeah, that SoC is not very attractive at this day and age.

i don't think it comes out clear in the previous posts what stick they use. so for the emulation side we still can hope for the gp32 solution :)

ED said it was an analog stick, back on page 1 ;)

Nova said:
Oh and btw, caanoo clearly means that you caanoo please every idiot.
I love your little wordplays. Sigged.
<3

Peter R said:
If you don't like it as much as you claim then why don't you actually back up your views by not stocking it?

I'm not. I've already told them I'm not (wait until you see the price of it!).

I may be incorrect but didn't you claim you weren't going to stock the Wiz a long time back but then change your mind? If so then could that have anything to do with the fact that your own system ran into a lot of delays back then around that same time?

craigix said:
I'm not. I've already told them I'm not.
Fuck.

[childish]Play-asia were always cheaper than you anyway.[/childish]

Back on topic: It seems that the first render was the more accurate, apart from the colour :).

I'm pretty sure Craig was always going to stock the Wiz. Remember the UK website? He made that.

Peter R said:
I may be incorrect but didn't you claim you weren't going to stock the Wiz a long time back but then change your mind? If so then could that have anything to do with the fact that your own system ran into a lot of delays back then around that same time?

Well I was contracted to stock the Wiz. I did complain to them repeatedly about the dual dpads though early on, since the photo of the Wiz was leaked early we were able to change it. No luck this time.

So I'm out of it. The link will be redirected to Ed.

Not like there's any import fees within the EU anyway. Postage from Germany is cheap too - sounds good!

Peter R said:
I must admit to not really even following the price of the Wiz :p .
Craig never lowered it I don't think.
Play-Asia did by like £30.

Back