By The End Of The Year?

Etinin said:
I suspect nothing has happened, else Craig would probably have posted in order to calm us down confuse us even more.
Fixed that for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, maybe it's the contrary. Maybe things are going smooth and the cases are done and getting shipped to him and instead of hyping us up, he is going to surprise us with the entire first batch getting shipped to our doors as we speak!

.... But, I suppose that's just wishful thinking... ;)

But, c'mon OP... What's the dilly at the factory?

There is a minor change to the official status page. The CE/FCC entry has been bumped to the top of the orange section, and changed from this:

CE / FCC Testing | Prepared. Waiting for a Pandora | Will be done with one of those 105 Pandoras
To this:
CE / FCC Testing | Prepared. Waiting for the new REV4 board to arrive in Germany. | Will be done with a prototype unit.

Nothing major, will be nice to have that out of the way though.

MrBlais said:
Hmm, maybe it's the contrary. Maybe things are going smooth and the cases are done and getting shipped to him and instead of hyping us up, he is going to surprise us with the entire first batch getting shipped to our doors as we speak!
I thought this, too. Maybe he's gotten everything and is busily trying to get the 105 built and sent, but I didn't want to say anything in case it stirred up more speculation. Here's to hoping! :beer:

Oh hey! Happy Anniversary everyone!

Enjoy a blast from the past, head on back to page 58ish on the General Forum and relive the excitement of pre-order day. Remember how everyone was F5ing and the servers got locked up? And then all the Paypal orders got blocked? And the preorder email didn't go out until ages later? Heady times indeed.

Shaun. said:
I would actually prefer the Pandora to arrive a few weeks before Christmas now. A personal problem I've always had and I'm sure alot of other people have is holding off buying certain gadgets like an Ipod because it always seems like the Pandoras release is always very close. I know alot of people go off and buy the Dingoo or Wiz but the problem I have with this is I'm 16 and don't have much money to spend and I know that once my Pandora arrives I rarely would touch these other consoles. This may sound silly but it solves the main problem I've been having and might help calm some other people down too. Well I was going to get some sort of Ipod for Christmas since I was holding it off for a while because of the Pandora but now I will buy the Ipod I was deprived of all year and just get the Pandora for Christmas instead. Yes it sounds stupid to adults but people my age should know what I mean, but in summary I'm saying get whatever you were going to get for Christmas now and let the Pandora be your new Christmas present. I'm alot happier now with my solution (I usually always complained about delays) because the silver lining of this story is that because of my patient wait I am able to buy a newer ipod nano with its new camera and radio, and if I never waited this long, sure I would of had an ipod for a while now but it would be no where near as good (Pandora is still heaps cooler). Things happen for a reason and I have found my reason to be patient. It has additionally saved me money (since I constantly believed that there was no need to buy anything cause the Pandora was close to release), the concept of open source has allowed me to realise the real flaws in alot of mainstream consoles and I have even started learning to program in python thanks to people telling me where to get started.

I can see where you're coming from as I don't really have discretionary income either. However, there's really no overlap between the iPod Touch and the Pandora in terms of games. If you get yourself a 2nd Gen iPod Touch of craigslist you're out about $150-$180 if you're patient and it should keep you occupied for quite some time, after which the Pandora should definitely be out (although at this point one can't be blamed for looking at it like Daikatana or Duke Nukem Forever). You also wouldn't get the sting of buying something and then only getting an incremental upgrade to the Pandora as you would with the Wiz or Dingoo.

Back