By The End Of The Year?

spikeyxx

Still Fresh
At one point I swore to myself I wasn't going to start a topic like this, but after checking the forum daily and seeing the same delays and whatnot, I find myself compelled to.

Am I going to see the handheld I payed for last october by the end of THIS year?

I'd like a realistic leadtime, and if it's after January, I think I'd like a viable alternative for multi-system emulation.

I can't be the only one who's paid up, stayed in the shadows and finally got sick of waiting around.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/49602-disappointed-again/page__view__findpost__p__755843

Last edited by a moderator:
You're definitely not the only one. If they don't start shipping by the end of the year they will have one less customer/investor/preorder to worry about.

If everyone try to get a refund now everyone will get nor money nor panda im afraid.

theres a thresold on wich passed an a amount of refunds, no one is gonna get anything, investment works just as bank saving do

sso the less we encourage pp refunding the higer prob of panda release

I get the sense that there is a definite clock running, and come January a lot of pre-orders will be cancelled.

I have every confidence it won't come to that, though, and within six weeks the first users will be happily making videos of their new toy.

DroneB Dev said:
If everyone try to get a refund now everyone will get nor money nor panda im afraid.

theres a thresold on wich passed an a amount of refunds, no one is gonna get anything, investment works just as bank saving do

Yeah about that, see it's not really my problem.

Straight_Shooter said:
DroneB Dev said:

Yeah, it's our problem, since we want the Pandora to go into production.
Edit: To clarify, "us" as in "The people who still have their money in / plan to put their money in"

Straight_Shooter said:
DroneB Dev said:

Sure it is, you should have understood the risk involved before pre-ordering.

I said it's not my problem. It might be a problem for you, but by the end of the year I will be sick of waiting and just as happy to get an ipod touch.

Consequence9 said:
Straight_Shooter said:
DroneB Dev said:

Sure it is, you should have understood the risk involved before pre-ordering.

I should have understood that I might have to wait over a year to get a Pandora? That's ridiculous.

Straight_Shooter said:
I should have understood that I might have to wait over a year to get a Pandora? That's ridiculous.
it's a completely community based project. the team has spent most of the money already, and any refunds will come out of their pockets. if everyone suddenly wants refunds, the project's going down, there's no money left. and of course there were going to be issues. if you're going to take the attitude of "it's not my problem", you should have waited for the second batch or whatnot when the pandora will probably have a more solid standing ground.

@Straight_Shooter

so either yo have no greens in danger so Buzzoff u trol!

or you think you can act faster than others youre wrong! (so bef you get a ref it might be over already)

anyway if you dont care GTHOOH U 2rL!!!!!!

this Pandora Panic (not the game) sucks because of pp thinking that you can make gold out of S***
and making planes fly its a matter of economic muscle.

OMG i dont like police but if there are trolls theres no other way around.

isnt there any forum for only the pp really involved on the panda?
-OPT
-Investors(preorderers) reg with a payment code
-DEVs

so we dont have to waste time cleaning up the meat out of the trolls.

I don't think he's trolling, I'm sure just about everyone here has had the same thoughts as strait shooter at some point during this crazy ride and he has a right to voice them as much as the next guy. although he could be a bit more diplomatic about it

MonkeyChops said:
I don't think he's trolling, I'm sure just about everyone here has had the same thoughts as strait shooter at some point during this crazy ride and he has a right to voice them as much as the next guy. although he could be a bit more diplomatic about it

You're probably right, I am just getting frustrated. I really do want the Pandora to succeed.

ah theres still plenty of people who want a pandora that even if people did get refunds, someone would go for it. one post of a final video of the 105 engadget even if there is a couple of months late, and they'll be snapped up in moments

I admit that after nearly a year of "almost there", I'm getting a bit annoyed, but so far I don't really have the option of buying anything else, so I'm compelled to wait it out and hope that I actually get this thing one day.

Hello and welcome ,ill make this fast and furious as its getting late here ...

I was here on this forum like 6 months ago and i also put in my pre-order like the rest of you
and when February hit i then retracted my pre-order ,its my money and my money alone and i can
do what ever i want with it ( get it ? not OP's money) so if i or anyone else chooses to bail
then nothing can be said ,yes its a sad loss to the development but who's fault is it ?
i believe a few months back there was a lack of video's and Craig was promising lots of in depth
pics info and videos ,they never did appear like that and it is still months on the same scenario.
i would have expected Craig and co to show pics of the actual development like Craig & evil shaking
hands with the board manufacturer ,holding up a board and showing that all is well but we all got nothing.
On top of this many people requested a certain promised video clip about 7/8 weeks ago from Craig ,
a video showcase of the Pandora that never happened ,instead the guy hangs about the roof tops making silly videos
and i ask wtf ? is he really taking this seriously ? i let my thought be known at this point and
i got blasted to hell and back via all the ass kissing idiots that Craig cant do nothing as the
who Pandora development process was out of his hands so that was the reason for him seemingly not
doing much but wait .... if he aint busy then why isnt he posting videos and details of
promo type stuff to the people right here that need it most instead of taking weeks and weeks
to post old video footage that was edited to an inch of its life ? while his mac decides to die
and his Pandora sd corrupts ? ain't the guy got money and enough brains to go out months and months
ago and buy in a decent office computer for all this along with a good digital camera ? i mean WTF <?>

I am here because i swear to you all right now that i believed in the Pandora and yes i still do
but i feel absolutely terrible for everyone that has waited and waited only to get delays and more
delays ,i really really hope you all get your Pandora ,I for one would love to order from the
second batch ,no hard feelings in business Craix ,but this is all taking too long and still
nothing to keep all you investors in faith of the Pandora.

I really feel that it is Craig's fault for not keeping a daily log for all you guys to check,
it is his job after all to keep his investors happy ,i am sure all the ass kissers will have
a dog fight with me over all this but its actually you guys as well that i am rooting for so
chill out because i am sure with all that faith you have in a project thats months out there
will be a part of you that is worried.

anyway ... i want the panda to be a success and i hope that day comes when i see it out
there on youtube for the world to see ,i hope it becomes the reality it should be
for you guys and for the open pandora team ,so for all that and a little more please
stop bashing anyone who might want to drop out becase you really cant blame them
my money would still be in if it were not for the complete lack of info from craig and co.

ohh and please don't go correcting anything out to me like dates,times spelling or punctulation
as its a quick fire post and if thats all you can do then shame on you ,also dont bother adding
info about the amount of stuff the Pandora team have actually given out as i don't care ,i don't
think its enough at any cost and i am sure others don't think its enough STOP PROTECTING open Pandora
get some balls and ask some real questions,because you DESERVE real answers and dates.

Paddy

i dont have a problem with people saying theyll drop out, just saying that the project will fail. also i dont think you can really label it a fault of craig. we constantly hound everyone for information, and to the best of his abilities he gives it. sometimes the info is wrong as things change. thats the biggest thing about this project, plans get made and plans often have to change and its just life. without dedicated contacts and deals in the manufacturing industry like some big companies have, its going to be difficult orchestrating your first product development.

as far as videos goes, what do you want to see? the videos are a pretty big effort and short of just going through messing around with a prototype theres nothing that can really be offered. nothing useful. its got to be a final unit, its got to be done properly, and its got to really sell the product. everything else would just be fap material for the hounds

Back