Anyone Else Lost Interest?

tcdev said:
Poem58 said:
Even though I have only been on the waiting list for about 5 months, my wife already thinks I have been ripped off. I keep telling her things are moving along at an understandable pace but that hasn't really eased her mind about it. I can only imagine what she would be saying had I been on the original preorder. My guess is she would have insisted I stop at nothing to get a refund by now.
Heh, I can sympathize with you - and now I know I'm not the only one! ;)

I tried to explain the whole open-source community nature of the project but I couldn't get her to change her attitude of "dead money" that could be "sitting on the mortgage" while we waited for it to be released. I did explain that without pre-orders then there would be no development, to no avail.

And so I wait, hoping that there actually will be a 2nd batch made...

Heh. My missus is fine with it - I put my money down (twice) and she's of the opinion that it will be along at some point, and if it isn't then it's no great loss. She's pretty cool :)

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never lost interest, maybe 2 seconds bevor i die (in over 80 yeahrs, now im 25(please dont make yokes about Jack Bauer(24) :p )
but the projekt sounds so awesome interesting, so i cant lose the interest, :rolleyes:

Dunny said:
tcdev said:
Poem58 said:
Even though I have only been on the waiting list for about 5 months, my wife already thinks I have been ripped off. I keep telling her things are moving along at an understandable pace but that hasn't really eased her mind about it. I can only imagine what she would be saying had I been on the original preorder. My guess is she would have insisted I stop at nothing to get a refund by now.
Heh, I can sympathize with you - and now I know I'm not the only one! ;)

I tried to explain the whole open-source community nature of the project but I couldn't get her to change her attitude of "dead money" that could be "sitting on the mortgage" while we waited for it to be released. I did explain that without pre-orders then there would be no development, to no avail.

And so I wait, hoping that there actually will be a 2nd batch made...

Heh. My missus is fine with it - I put my money down (twice) and she's of the opinion that it will be along at some point, and if it isn't then it's no great loss. She's pretty cool :)

D.

It's a source of humour for my better half. Every time we get a parcel now she says 'That must be your Pandora'. This, seemingly, is amusing.

I should probably leave her but she's an excellent cook.

I don't get why people are all like "Windows 7 and a bunch of new netbook stuff blah-blah-blah in October so I will cancel my order, wah." It is not exactly the same is it? And afaik, Pandora has hardware in it that big companies are just starting to use also.

Unless some dual core, 1Ghz+ monster arm device with 3G and like a GB or 2 of ram and 32GB of inbuilt storage, some kind of hardcore Nvidia gpu and uber battery life AND gaming controls w/keyboard comes out in the same/smaller form factor, I don't see a true replacement or competitor for the Pandora on the horizon.

sold said:
I don't get why people are all like "Windows 7 and a bunch of new netbook stuff blah-blah-blah in October so I will cancel my order, wah." It is not exactly the same is it? And afaik, Pandora has hardware in it that big companies are just starting to use also.

Unless some dual core, 1Ghz+ monster arm device with 3G and like a GB or 2 of ram and 32GB of inbuilt storage, some kind of hardcore Nvidia gpu and uber battery life AND gaming controls w/keyboard comes out in the same/smaller form factor, I don't see a true replacement or competitor for the Pandora on the horizon.

That wouldn't just "replace" the Pandora, it would obliterate it :)
In all likelyhood though the next thing like that that comes around will probably originate on this forum anyways. Hopefully Pandora2 will be snapdragon or Cortex A9... or something better! But that's a long way off, I'm still just waiting on my Pandora for now.

Maybe even Tegra if nVidia can keep the power where it is and get battery life high enough... It sounds (from reports on the first few devices being produced with it) like it's a goddamn powerhouse.

Back