Business Plan sent to interested investors (2011 - 09 - 20)

Correct, though every investor will get 4% fixed interest rate additionally, regardless how much profit the company makes.
wow ... how does that work? I mean, under what conditions will there be a fixed 4% interest? Only if profit is made?

Under the tax laws of the United States, dividends are taxed at a lower rate (15%) than other income.
While I completely understand that you're not willing to pay more, even the higher tax rates in the US are nothing compared to Europe. For example, our income tax ranges from 33% all the way up to 52%.

Under the tax laws of the United States, dividends are taxed at a lower rate (15%) than other income.
While I completely understand that you're not willing to pay more, even the higher tax rates in the US are nothing compared to Europe. For example, our income tax ranges from 33% all the way up to 52%.

one of the things thats bad in my opionion in the USA is that you dont get free healthcare you have to have insurance for that where as you dont in the UK.

one of the things thats bad in my opionion in the USA is that you dont get free healthcare you have to have insurance for that where as you dont in the UK.
Yes, that's one thing that makes such comparisons rather hard. We pay a lot more taxes, but we also get more government funded services in return. But, that's not really relevant to the business plan I suppose.

Yes, that's one thing that makes such comparisons rather hard. We pay a lot more taxes, but we also get more government funded services in return. But, that's not really relevant to the business plan I suppose.
They also do that in Canada too, high taxes and better government services like health care, etc.

I wish they would do it that way here. People here fear poor service from public services, but in my opinion I am getting robbed by private services anyway. Between insurance costs and incompetent physicians I have given up on health insurance. I refuse to pay so much for oh so little. And that is sad. Most everyone I know is in that boat. With insurance costs raising over 200% in the last 7 years for many workers it is no wonder.

Last edited by a moderator:
[...] a device that's already completely and totally outdated?

I don't think it's outdated. It's still more powerful than most of the other handhelds on the market and (IMO) will do well the next few years.

Not to mention the big and growing community and an impressive support.

Yeah, the hand-helds are beat specs wise, but have you seen the new phones out there?

Droid X's Specs alone:

"1 GHz Cortex-A8 processor, PowerVR SGX530 GPU, TI OMAP 3630-1000 chipset"

"6.5 GB storage, 512 MB RAM"

And anybody who owns a droid x, such as myself, would know there's practically no 'Studdering' on most any of the applications and/or emulators.

Not to beat a dead horse here, but The Droid series alone has the Pandora outmatched specs wise.

since i have a strong dislike of Apple, iphones, ipods, iwhatevers, i'm not even going to get into iPhones, and please, keep your crappy "lolz iphone rul3z yu suk" comments to yourself, because i honestly don't care what you think of them.

now, it may seem like it, but i'm not trying to say the pandora is bad or crappy, or any of the such.

i'm still waiting for mine, and as much as everthing else seems to be outmatching it lately, i still want a pandora badly, because quite honestly, it looks like one of the better handheld devices so far.

i'm just getting discouraged, because quite honestly, i've never been a real patient person, so waiting a year for something, is extremely rare for me, even for something i want badly.

anyways, Keep up the good work Ed, and good luck with everything.

Droid X's Specs alone:

Phew. My 6-year old PC has better specs (1,8 Ghz Athlon 2500+, 80GB storage). And emulators are even better optimized.

Just pop your PC in your pocket and strap a generator to your back and you'll show those arrogant Droid owners who has the best portable emulation system.

Droid X's Specs alone:

Phew. My 6-year old PC has better specs (1,8 Ghz Athlon 2500+, 80GB storage). And emulators are even better optimized.

...that pandora? Phew, even my sanwichtoaster makes better orangejuice.

Completly outdated, yeah. Look at that screen: I had a bigger one decades ago. Nuff said.

Ed: Can I have a copy of the business plan too? I only have 3000EUR to invest, but maybe this one is the missing piece:)

My email address is pandora (at] arcol [dot] hu

Droid X's Specs alone:

My low-end laptop here (which was bought a couple years ago) has a clock rate of about 2 GHz, IIRC.

"Specs" should not be quoted very much. They can be incredibly deceiving. What really matters is what kind of software is available, and how well that software runs. The NES was already outdated as a piece of technology when it was released in the U.S., but it didn't matter because it had plenty of games which performed well, looked good, and were fun to play. Hence, it was a good console. Not really as good any more, mostly because NES emulation is easy these days, but it was a good machine when it came out.

Droid X's Specs alone:

Good luck fitting your PC in your pocket.

And just for the record, Comparing a PC to a hand-held device, is like comparing an orange to a book.

at least the droid and the pandora can be compared to each other, because they're both in the "hand-held systems" category, but comparing a hand-held to a desktop PC?

really?

"Specs" should not be quoted very much. They can be incredibly deceiving. What really matters is what kind of software is available, and how well that software runs. The NES was already outdated as a piece of technology when it was released in the U.S., but it didn't matter because it had plenty of games which performed well, looked good, and were fun to play. Hence, it was a good console. Not really as good any more, mostly because NES emulation is easy these days, but it was a good machine when it came out.

i can make a fairly fun platformer, for an atmega168, hooked up to 2 switches and a 20x4 text LCD, so trust me, i know what you mean.

but specs aren't deceiving, they do play a big role in developers choosing the best technology to work with, it's just the fact that hardly anybody knows what "Efficient" and "Quality" programming and design is these days, that makes it seem like specs mean nothing.

Just pop your PC in your pocket and strap a generator to your back and you'll show those arrogant Droid owners who has the best portable emulation system.
I almost fell out of my chair... But seriously I have seen a generator you could fit inside a basketball. I am sure a good pair of noise canceling headphones would be a good investment.

What about a solar three piece suit? Or a sombrero?

And why hasn't anyone mentioned an arcade cabinet utility trailer to tow behind their car?

I almost fell out of my chair... But seriously I have seen a generator you could fit inside a basketball. I am sure a good pair of noise canceling headphones would be a good investment.

What about a solar three piece suit? Or a sombrero?

And why hasn't anyone mentioned an arcade cabinet utility trailer to tow behind their car?
Like a hick utility arcade cabinet trailer with a mullet.

You thinking fiberglass mullet? Like an 8' fiberglass bust of Joe Dirt? Dang I wish I new graphics editing programs... I would so like to see that. It could have a walk up cabinet built into the back of his head, or worse yet,... No... Maybe we have gone to far with this joke... maybe.

Back