Brittle Nubs

dsleaf67

Website
Visit site
Well I've had my Pandora less than a week and already one of my nubs fell off. It is still useable without nub cap, but how and by whom are these attached. I've thought about just super gluing it back on, but do I need to remove the old glue with something?

Any ideas??

The problem is that the factory isn't/wasn't using enough glue under that disc. It happened on the last batch and I reported it. It happened again on this new batch and I reported it. I'm hoping the factory actually starts paying attention to this important request.

When (if) they come off due to an almost lack of glue, I just put another dab in and quickly rub it around the flat surface then stick it back on the nub. It felt fine and that original glue dot was so small that it didn't make much of a bump anyway. Once Krazy glued back on, you'll never break it off again. The disc would be shattered before you would get that off again. If you are worried about the glue dot, maybe try to remove it but be careful. Personally, I'd just put another small drop in and spread it around the original dot.

The problem is that the factory isn't/wasn't using enough glue under that disc. It happened on the last batch and I reported it. It happened again on this new batch and I reported it. I'm hoping the factory actually starts paying attention to this important request.

When (if) they come off due to an almost lack of glue, I just put another dab in and quickly rub it around the flat surface then stick it back on the nub. It felt fine and that original glue dot was so small that it didn't make much of a bump anyway. Once Krazy glued back on, you'll never break it off again. The disc would be shattered before you would get that off again. If you are worried about the glue dot, maybe try to remove it but be careful. Personally, I'd just put another small drop in and spread it around the original dot.

Thanks MWeston.

What glue (if not Krazy Glue) would you be refering to 'another dab in and quickly rub around the flat surface'. Maybe plastic cement (the kind used for models)?

Do you mean in the recessed hole on the disc. I'm assuming you would not want to get it outside that recess (that fits over the nub stub).

One thing I'd like to make sure:

Be careful if the crazy glue is pure liquid! If it drops into the nub, it breaks it!

I'd use some of that crazy glue gel, as it stays in place.

Otherwise, be REALLY careful to NOT use too much. Best is to put it into the hole in the disc, turn it over (over some piece of paper) to see it doesn't drip and THEN firmly press it on the nub to glue it on.

Use a fairly fast drying adhesive designed to bond plastic. I don't know what this plastic cement stuff is you are using but some are better than others. Maybe you can glue some unimportant plastic parts together before moving on to the nub to make sure it bonds plastics well.

Don't apply the glue to the nub side as ED suggests. Put it into the bottom side of the disc (in the recessed hole) and be very stingy with how much you use. You don't want it running down the nub part on the Pandora side when you press the disc over it.

Krazy glue is what I buy here in Canada and I have the bottle with a push pin tip so I can get a tiny amount out at a time if I'm really careful. I must stress how little glue this takes but I guess not as little as the factory in China thinks! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't apply the glue to the nub side as ED suggests. Put it into the bottom side of the disc (in the recessed hole) and be very stingy with how much you use. You don't want it running down the nub part on the Pandora side when you press the disc over it.

Ermm? I said to put it into the hole of the disc, NOT on the nub :)

That's what I said you said. :) Here, I'll move the words around: as ED suggests Don't apply the glue to the nub side

Thanks again guys!

I'll try that when I get a chance. I'm not in a big hurray, although I should before I lose the disk. :huh:

I have some super glue (it might be Krazy Brand) but I have to find it first. I mean the kind you get when building those Plastic model Cars, planes etc. I often built just the kits growing up. Haven't done that in a long time, but I see you can still buy them at Walmart, Zellers etc.

@MWeston-I'm in Canada too, east coast eh :D ;) .

That's what I said you said. :) Here, I'll move the words around: as ED suggests Don't apply the glue to the nub side

Aaah, don't confuse the poor old tired EvilDragon :D

3:40am and I just finished the new CPU Speed-Configuration GUI for the next firmware, yay :D

Time to go to bed, need to be on the road again at 8:30 am.,. :)

Ahh, yes. The wonders of punctuation (and ambiguous grammar, in general).

It can mean the difference between "I had to help my uncle, Jack, off his horse." and ... well ... the alternative.

For more on ambiguous stuff, I recommend this site, and this book. Both are highly amusing reads.

Edit: ED - Don't feel bad, it was legitimately unclear, and had nothing to do with your native tongue. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You might try doing the gluing with the pandora upside down. That way any glue drips will stay in the cap and not run down into the mechanism. Keep it upside down for 24 hours to ensure the glue is dry before turning rite side up again.

Back