Release Briquolo

sebt3

homebrew player (P. & C.)
Website
sebt3.openpandora.org
Hi guys,

I'm releasing Briquolo 0.5.7. This include work from Pickle, paeryn and I. Most of the hard work have been done by paeryn. I feel like I'm just a release manager here ;)

Briquolo is a breakout initially based on openGL, but this release include GLES support too.
Briquolo-0.5-briquolo05.jpg

(it look better on the pandora ;) )

Controls :
Move the pad with the D-pad or the nub.
Use A or X in menu and to start the game.

[ Download ] - [ sources ] - [ Website ] - [ dev thread ]

Last edited by a moderator:
This works really good and looks amazing. Hooray for your first OGL->OGLES port. Keep it up ;-)

Edit: As this looks as if it has some fps to spare, what would be the options for antialiasing?... Just to keep you busy ;)

Have not my Pandora yet but I guess I will try this game. :) I'm not that big Breakout-Fan but 3D Homebrew is rare so I test everything I can.

Just some technical question: Onto the PC you can usualy gain more performance out of a 3D game if you lower the resolution. So does this also work in the case of this game(s) that use GLES onto an ARM Chipset? So instead of 640x480 using only 320x240 but this 2x streched? Or does the (HW) scaling consumpts all the additional performance again that the lower res would give? Or does the resolution doesn't make that difference onto the Pandora (in general)?

Oh, and does this Game supports "true" widescreen for Pandora?

Looks good, plays well, but it does not reset the video properly when it exits - in my case it leaves all the icons in the menubar in a solid 'pink' color (like the background in the menu) .. so maybe something is not quite being reset on exit.

Other than that, plays quite well! Good job!

EDIT: And I second the call for anti-aliasing - this game really needs it ..

torpor said:

Its very simple to add this if you want to (just need to add some lines to the config attribs)

torpor said:
Looks good, plays well, but it does not reset the video properly when it exits - in my case it leaves all the icons in the menubar in a solid 'pink' color (like the background in the menu) .. so maybe something is not quite being reset on exit.

Other than that, plays quite well! Good job!

I got used to the coloured rectangles being left :) In MOGL_Fenstre.cpp SDL is initialised with SDL_RESIZABLE instead of SDL_FULLSCREEN so X doesn't know that the panel along the bottom has been overwritten.

Sebt3, can you change it please? Sorry for forgetting about this.

I've tried AA and I can't really see a difference. Speed-wise though it's a 10fps drop.
No AA - 35fps
2x AA - 25fps
4x AA - 25fps

When you don't see it, it could be, that it doesn't work? It has to bring some improvement of edges. Especially with 4x AA.

Edit: Would be great to have the option, as 25 fps are still playable.

Looks like a cool game. thanks sebt3 :)

What do you guys do to get this to work?

when i try to run the pnd file then i just getting a grey screen, then i have to take out the battery on my pandora to restart it.

Code:
then i have to take out the battery on my pandora to restart it.
Try pandorabutton and powerswitch instead.

Try to redownload the pnd. Maybe it got corrupted.

mcobit said:
Code:
then i have to take out the battery on my pandora to restart it.
Try pandorabutton and powerswitch instead.

Try to redownload the pnd. Maybe it got corrupted.

I already tried these things, nothing work not even the powerbutton, which i normally use when pandora button doesent work also tried to download the pnd file a couple of times

torpor said:
Fixed using pearyn hint. I updated the PND (same download place)

paeryn said:
I've tried AA and I can't really see a difference. Speed-wise though it's a 10fps drop.
No AA - 35fps
2x AA - 25fps
4x AA - 25fps
I've tried and I have to agree, there is no visual impact at all and I have the same impact on performances... So i didnt do that.

mr.miyagi .. are you on latest hotfix beta? (theres a new driver in the recent betas.) I think we're on our third shipped GPU driver (original, a second one, and now this one in the betas).. this latest one is much better.

jeff

skeezix said:
mr.miyagi .. are you on latest hotfix beta? (theres a new driver in the recent betas.) I think we're on our third shipped GPU driver (original, a second one, and now this one in the betas).. this latest one is much better.

jeff

ah that might be the problem :) , i didnt want to install the latest hotfix 5 before i know it's stable, because i have installed some development tools on my pandora which takes a lot of time to do so dont want to ruin that.

edit.
The h... with what i have intstalled i will give htofix 5 a try and see what happens.

Edit
Thanks skeezix, that helped. thanks a lot :)

sebt3: nice game you ported here, it's nice to see some 3D games running on the pandora.

Back