Briquolo

Ok, sounds interesting. So this "Experiments" also could help to make ports of other GL games more easy? :)
Textures can easily be resized, ok, at least this is a field where I have experience (I'm more the graphics-guy).

Well, I'm not a big "breakout" fan but the game seems to have some Flipper Elements, so I really would see a "mature" 3D Pinball Game onto the Pandora, I love Pinball games. :)

There is no good open-source pinball games. That's a shame. Ok there is emilia. But that discontinued since ages/decades. and it's not up to the standard imho (need more boards, and ultimatly more fun)

sebt3 said:
There is no good open-source pinball games. That's a shame. Ok there is emilia. But that discontinued since ages/decades. and it's not up to the standard imho (need more boards, and ultimatly more fun)

I heared, that Visual Pinball was opensourced recently, maybe someone could have a deeper look...
http://www.aep-emu.de/PNphpBB2-file-viewtopic-t-14760.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I consider this finished.

Have a look at the sources : here.
I do have packed a patch here (But if you use it, be sure to autoreconf).

To build for pandora, make sure CFLAGS contain -DPANDORA, then :
./configure --enable-gles

The changes are splited between pandora specific patches (within #ifdef PANDORA) and GLES specific changes (within #ifdef HAVE_GLES).
All stuff within HAVE_GLES not related to immediate-mode (glBegin/glEnd) is paeryn work (yep, that's the hard part...)

Cheers

Hi, does that mean, that it is finished?

Congratulations!

When can ww hope to get a nice pnd release?

Was it already mentioned that the games freezes if the display gets closed? Or is this problem solved with a higher hotfix(5)?

As the solution chris_r used here is not something I want to go in, I hope that's fixed in the new sgx driver within HF.
May be someone can test and repport here ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got HF5 (beta3) and closing the lid doesn't crash it. However I have had it crash with similar symptoms (cursor appears and moves around but nothing else gets drawn), haven't had wifi on when it's crashed but the only thing I could do was hard-reset.

Actually, I just tried something - it doesn't seem to like having focus stolen, all rendering freezes. However I can ssh in and kill it without locking the system up.

I'll make this a priority bug-hunt.

Just to let you know (i didnt think that's worth a new thread) :
Every mouse related SDL function can cause a soft freeze when an EGL context is up, at lest these two :
- SDL_WM_GrabInput (briquolo, zaz)
- SDL_WarpMouse (zaz)

Back