Blurp - The GP32X Downtime Status Thread

Username said:
Disagreed. We should try to mess it up as much as possible, which I know for certain was on everybody's agendas already.
we need to co-ordinate our ddos better

Info about GP32X:

Currently Hando is having timeouts when trying to post items. He asked me to try making posts myself and I found that it effects all browsers but oddly enough it doesn't effect Google Chrome. I also found that the quick reply worked fine. So it looked like it was a problem with the editor rather than a DB problem. Switching to the standard editor instead of the rich text editor allowed me to post items on all tested browsers with no problem.

I have passed this info on to Hando so he can get Invasion to sort it out. I don't know if you can disable the rich text editor on IPB as I have never had the chance to admin it myself, but if it is possible then I suggested using the standard editor until Invasion can sort out the problem with the rich text editor. The standard one is perfectly usable anyway.

More to come soon folks,
Clare.

Agreed. I think the only reason anyone was using the richtext editor was to get around the bugs.

WarmFluffyUK - If you can pass this onto Hando that would be great. You can disable the Rich Text Edit in the Admin panel. Go to "Tools & Settings" tab then scroll down and choose "Topics, Posts and Polls" link. Scroll down again and near the bottom is "Allow members to use Rich Text Editing?", change that to No and it will disable the Rich Text Edit.

This should temporarily fix the problem until you get a reply back from invision.

arrrgh said:
Agreed. I think the only reason anyone was using the richtext editor was to get around the bugs.
Indeed, that's the only reason. :)

Edit: And I will be able to get rid of my sig referring to it then!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I got on for a second and saw that Hando had made a news post in the GP2X section titled "We're back", but the site seems to be down now or loading incredibly slowly. Definitely progress though.

Vorporeal said:
Well, I got on for a second and saw that Hando had made a news post in the GP2X section titled "We're back", but the site seems to be down now or loading incredibly slowly. Definitely progress though.
asfdsadf
Any way. It's closed again.
Edit: It's up but slow, and you can post. What about that, eh?

Okay, turning off the rich text editor solved some problems but not all. I am thinking that something the rich text editor uses that is used by other areas of the board is broken, Hando is still talking to Invasion to try and sort it out and I can tell by his email that he's getting kinda annoyed with invasion as they are taking their time in sorting it all out. It's not good as he is paying for support and he doesn't appear to be getting it.

I'm really sorry we haven't got the board up and running yet but we are trying everything we can.

Clare.

No worries, Fluffy, we're sure you're all doing the best you can. Actually, the board being down somehow makes it easier to wait for the Pandora (and/or Wiz)...

It has yet to get to me. I think that means I have a life (not sure on this one). Anyways, still hope that it's fixed soon.

Username said:
It has yet to get to me. I think that means I have a life (not sure on this one). Anyways, still hope that it's fixed soon.
I get the feeling if it was your own forum, it would pretty much have gotten to you by now :)

Sounds to me like the easiest thing to do would be to clean out all the junk up there now, upload a fresh copy, convert the old database into the new, and import that back in.

WarmFluffyUK said:
Username said:
I get the feeling if it was your own forum, it would pretty much have gotten to you by now :)

I'd be pissed if Invision was taking their sweet time. This may be a sign that we should go ahead and switch to vB. They are supposed to have good support.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
WarmFluffyUK said:
Username said:

I'd be pissed if Invision was taking their sweet time. This may be a sign that we should go ahead and switch to vB. They are supposed to have good support.

-God Ginrai

Maybe Hando needs to threaten them with that very thing. Sometimes that's the only way of getting people to do something.

Back