Release Polished Pictures [render] [blog Update]

emcp

Some of you already saw the pictures of the final case craig posted at the boards, but here they are for those who haven't:

final_1.jpg

final_2.jpg

final_3.jpg

I also got the mesh of the case today and started to work on them in 3dsmax. Unfortunately real life work got into my way, so I couldn't finish any photorealistic renderings today, though I'm halfway through, so expect them soon.

Also, I want to take videos of cpasjustes emulators soon, let's hope I'll find some time, as I'm pretty busy with my regular work at the moment...

Michael Weston mentioned the FDM case might arrive at his place about Monday, so he can post pictures of the final Pandora case (well, still FDM, not the shiny CNC'ed case, but that will be ordered when everything fits into the FDM case).

That's it for updates for today, see you soon :)

UPDATE

Hi!
I haven't had time to finish the photorealistic rendering yet (and won't have to continue to work on it before Monday). However, I've rendered a sneak preview for you.

Lighting is not set up very well yet and the LEDs are still missing.
Expect more renderings next week, more close-ups, views from other sides, the stylus, etc.

Click on the picture for a larger view.

pandorasneak_thumb.jpg

Also, I just heard that some of our core devs received the WiFi antenna, so they can finish the WiFi driver. As soon as this has happened, everything is set for the mass production of the board!
We're getting closer, guys!

now is it just me
or has anyone else been converted to wanting a white shiny pandora

i hated white and i hated shiny, but that just looks way too good, and stands out more than the black

i also love all the curves, and the connectors, much better laid out than the previous renders

i'm with the white and shiny.

may be a stupid question but will the final - shipped - pandoras be white? i've always thought it to be black.

if it is definately going to be white and shiny - even better - cos most people will be asking me if it's a nintendo ds, and i can so NO, it's a million times BETTER than a ds!

heh heh

I'm cracking my head for about 10 minutes now to find words to describe this thing.

yeah, i take back what i said earlier. black looks cool

like the buttons as well, for some reason i was expecting spectrum type rubber keys

it looks the dogs bollocks

looks a bit funny

probably the shiny black
it should be matte black, i know its not finished

anyway we should allow renaming of topics, so we can merge two topics together for 2 similar blog

on another note

im not liking the d-pad the way it dips and is all one
and im not liking the sticks either, no grip?

emcp said:
looks a bit funny

probably the shiny black
it should be matte black, i know its not finished

anyway we should allow renaming of topics, so we can merge two topics together for 2 similar blog

on another note

im not liking the d-pad the way it dips and is all one
and im not liking the sticks either, no grip?

I'm sure someone will probably make a range of D-Pad mods to suit different tastes

personally I think it looks better than ever!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the D-Pad.

Looks like someone has a fascination with NEC controllers, or came to the coincidental conclusion that NEC knew how to make a good D-Pad. (and they did, IMO)

Back