Blog Post.. China New Years? I Thought Made In Us?

Again speaking from experience, it takes us about five sample runs for the quality from our chinese suppliers to match that of the previous western supplier.

That said it's still cheaper and in the end the product is up to spec - we just have to factor in extra time.

It's not being racist to say this, just stating a fact - and as was said by username, the big companies have people on the spot to make sure quality doesn't slip

WoD said:
Welcome to the thread for racist bigots and/or idiots.

(Disclaimer: I am neither Chinese nor have any affiliation with the Chinese government NI HAO!!!!!)
To 'WoD':
You need to chill out … big time.

To others:

I cannot emphasize enough that this sort of idiocy needs to be pointed out as often as possible because if we let these brainwashed children of a Politically Correct Age have their way, pretty soon nobody will be able to discuss anything without being accused of some sort of racism/sexism/xxxism.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marko said:
China is a long long way away and I think this is the thing that worries companies. We use a local company that has a sister business in China where they do all the manufacturing. The local company does quality checks, goods-in inspection/testing etc of the products before we assemble them. This is a better (less risky) situation than getting the stuff direct from the Chinese mfg. The risk being you get a big batch of duff stock and have to send it all back with a huge lead time (mfg, shipping, customs etc). The local company absorbs that lag by getting goods in 1 month before we need them - gives them time to check and return or repair faults.

I don't know about electronics, but with all the recalls and Chinese companies being caught selling dangerous goods, I can certainly understand why companies would be worried. That's not necessarily to say that all the companies are doing it or even most, but it is to point out that there is a reason why there's that sort of credibility problem.

I'm sure it's getting better, although right now I'm not sure how it is.

warmi said:
I cannot emphasize enough that this sort of idiocy needs to be pointed out as often as possible because if we let these brainwashed children of a Politically Correct Age have their way, pretty soon nobody will be able to discuss anything without being accused of some sort of racism/sexism/xxxism.

Generationist!

And it has nothing to do with political correctness anymore, I think. It just has to do with the fact that it's en vogue to take offense.

craigix said:
Having CNC prototyping done anywhere outside asia is prohibitively expensive.
And I thought, today, everyone in Europe has access to a cheap CNC machine prototyping in the neighbourhood...

EvilDragon said:
Phawx said:
I guess we are still looking at an April Shipment?
Yes, we are :)

And what's with "End February"..."beginning March" or am I missing AGAIN some news? :(

gibberish said:
april? what the hell happened to february?
CE/FCC Testing and Chinese New Year, respectively.

warmi said:

"chill out" is a politically incorrect term to which I take offense on behalf of the Inuit people.

The term "politically correct" is now also unacceptable, you should use "socially aware."

I cannot emphasize enough that this sort of idiocy needs to be pointed out as soon as possible. How can we exist in harmony and form the basis for a utopian society if people from the socially ignorant generations of past refuse to acknowledge a need for increased social awareness. Pretty soon, these people will have crushed our tolerance of others so finally that we will descend once again into a feudal society of tribal warfare.

WoD said:
warmi said:

"chill out" is a politically incorrect term to which I take offense on behalf of the Inuit people.

The term "politically correct" is now also unacceptable, you should use "socially aware."

I cannot emphasize enough that this sort of idiocy needs to be pointed out as soon as possible. How can we exist in harmony and form the basis for a utopian society if people from the socially ignorant generations of past refuse to acknowledge a need for increased social awareness. Pretty soon, these people will have crushed our tolerance of others so finally that we will descend once again into a feudal society of tribal warfare.

STOP THIS NOW,

someone locked this
i do we always have to go offtopic

ps(your an animal, humans arnt particularly special, utopia wont come, fuck off )

fusion_power said:
craigix said:
Having CNC prototyping done anywhere outside asia is prohibitively expensive.
And I thought, today, everyone in Europe has access to a cheap CNC machine prototyping in the neighbourhood...

I personally used the services of 3trpd (I work in space industry), that was quite cheap and fast for a bigger and more complex part (received exactly 5 days after placed order) ; I doubt that China would be cheaper or faster or better quality..

emcp said:
craigix said:
Aside from the Case it's all USA.
mmm iis that just the protoype case, because the final mass produced case is CNC aswell (just so people dont get confused rether to it as protoype cnc :D)

Umm... nope :D

The final cases will be injection molded (u optional for the British ;) ), not CNC'ed ... CNCing every single one of the 3000 cases would take a looong time. Unless you had access to dozens of CNC machines at a time, but at that point you'd probably be looking at a ridiculous amount of money to produce them.

WoD said:
warmi said:

LMAO! :D

emcp said:
WoD said:
warmi said:

STOP THIS NOW,

someone locked this
i do we always have to go offtopic

ps(your an animal, humans arnt particularly special, utopia wont come, fuck off )

That was some great art though B)

Of course, I'm am quite aware that I prove to be of great social unawareness in doing a pyramidal quote. Hellish whateverness.

Back