Black!

I keep pretty quiet on these boards, as I know hassling the folks won't speed up my pandy getting to me (and I'm sure someone will be miffed at me calling it a pandy, but its so *cute*).

I'm thinking the logo is too raised. At that height it has a serious danger of catching on things in my pocket, putting needless stress on the hinges from the quick-draw/sheathing I'll be doing.

I would suggest 0.1mm would be ideal, and maybe take inspiration from the DS lite.

At the very least no angles greater than 35 degrees on the raising of the logo, the current 90 degree raising will be a source of a lot of gunk getting caught in the hard to clean crevices.

Of course, this being a prototype, having smooth gradients like that may not have been an option, in which case feel free to dismiss my ramblings as those of a crazed mad-man

quick edit: Oh yes, almost forgot the obligatory praise, Top stuff Craigix, EvilDragon, MWeston & anyone else I've no doubt missed, while the timeline isn't matching the original predicted timeline, from what I can see it's looking like you're still progressing with as much speed as can be possible, in other words, not even so called professionals could make it go any quicker. Keep it up folks.

utterly awesome. I like black(unlike white(which stains)), especially if it is shiny :)
the MP will be shiny right?(or at least glossy?)

I'm thinking the logo is too raised. At that height it has a serious danger of catching on things in my pocket, putting needless stress on the hinges from the quick-draw/sheathing I'll be doing.

I would suggest 0.1mm would be ideal, and maybe take inspiration from the DS lite.

At the very least no angles greater than 35 degrees on the raising of the logo, the current 90 degree raising will be a source of a lot of gunk getting caught in the hard to clean crevices.

Of course, this being a prototype, having smooth gradients like that may not have been an option, in which case feel free to dismiss my ramblings as those of a crazed mad-man

No, what you say makes sense...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure it will be Matte. Anyways, glossy means fingerprints, especially on black. You don't want it shiny or glossy.

-God Ginrai

This case is not for people who like thin looking things. That looks thicker than a DSphat. Of course, it could be an optical illusion and it actually is a lot thinner than it looks in pictures.

I think the Pandora is something like 1.06 inches thick. According to my educated guess and lack of calipers, the original DS is 1.125 inches thick.

The Pandora might look a little bigger since the top is flat, whereas the DS gets thinner near the left and right sides.

Looks nice to me. I don't think there's anything wrong about the raised logo.

The Pandora is so customizable that it ships with an extra-high logo and recommends that users use some combination of sandpaper, a heat gun, and a CNC machine to grind it down to their desired level.

atomicthumbs, you need to stop taking every negative comment personal. There'll always be haters, but they don't hate you or us, they just don't like the piece of technology

the MP will be shiny right?(or at least glossy?"]
I'm pretty sure it will be Matte. Anyways, glossy means fingerprints, especially on black. You don't want it shiny or glossy.

-God Ginrai

Well yeah I don't want finger prints, but I don't want raw plastic either.[/quote]Also, Gadgetoided (if that is even a word)

atomicthumbs, you need to stop taking every negative comment personal. There'll always be haters, but they don't hate you or us, they just don't like the piece of technology

I'm not taking every negative comment personally, just correcting the haters so that non-haters don't get the wrong idea.
Didja see the guy who asked why I was such a tool? :p

Back