Black!

atomicthumbs, you need to stop taking every negative comment personal. There'll always be haters, but they don't hate you or us, they just don't like the piece of technology

I'm not taking every negative comment personally, just correcting the haters so that non-haters don't get the wrong idea.
Didja see the guy who asked why I was such a tool? :p

the idiots. IT HURTS.
Yeah, they're such a bunch of camels.

Last edited by a moderator:
(long time lurker)

Great pics, Craig! Something that might help next time that pictures get picked up on Engadget is including something in the pictures for scale (soda can, coin, pencil...). That way people don't get the mistaken impression it's ginormous, and that'll be one less thing for the Pandora Defense Squad to worry about :)

i am slightly annoyed that the Pandora has gone up on Engadget again. especially at this stage. the more fuss kicked up now that isnt the final release product, the more people will come on board to criticize the delays or judge it on its looks. better to have been quiet and come out all guns blazing than trickle information out slowly that does little to add excitement to the project. i seriously think that nothing should now go up on Engadget short of them reviewing a unit either just before or at the same time as the pre-ordered units roll out. let them shout out about the pros and cons rather than letting the readership judge the unfinished product with nothing but a few pictures and little desire to investigate deeper into the forums or the wiki.

atomicthumbs, you need to stop taking every negative comment personal. There'll always be haters, but they don't hate you or us, they just don't like the piece of technology
I'm not taking every negative comment personally, just correcting the haters so that non-haters don't get the wrong idea.

I was referring to the "it's FUGLY" "YOU'RE fugly" one :p

i get what you're trying to do, but I don't think you're really achieving all that much.

I was referring to the "it's FUGLY" "YOU'RE fugly" one :p
i get what you're trying to do, but I don't think you're really achieving all that much.

I was more making fun of his atrocious spelling and punctuation than his opinion. "holly crap! its FUGLY"

i am slightly annoyed that the Pandora has gone up on Engadget again.
I see where you're coming from, but I have to disagree. Engadget is an absolutely terrible blog -- the writers are morons and Apple-fanboys who never seem to manage even reasonably unbiased or somewhat informed articles.

But I visit there every day -- because they post gadget news. I like to keep up to date on things. If I'm interested in something, I'll hit the read link. And maybe laugh at the comments.

With all the projects I follow, I inevitably fall behind. I'm glad Engadget posted this thread -- I like seeing updates and reading what people have to say.

Just getting the Pandora into public light again is a good thing. Don't worry about the haters -- they don't matter.

i dont have a problem with the news source, just that the picture update was somewhat redundant and hardly as fanfare producing for the Pandora as it could be with a bit of a holding back. the news sites have all the basic information they need already, a new set of prototype pictures doesnt do anything other than remind people its still, in many peoples minds, vapour. think of it like pulling back a sling shot. we can keep the information back pulling the string tighter and tighter and release it in one impressive go, or keep sending out a couple of weak unspectacular things. the Pandora needs the big shot to really shine right now.

Jesus the jew! These photos ended up on engadget and the video games round up didn't?

I'm doing something wrong!

, especially if it is shiny :"]
the MP will be shiny right?(or at least glossy?"]
I'm pretty sure it will be Matte. Anyways, glossy means fingerprints, especially on black. You don't want it shiny or glossy.[/quote]-God Ginrai

Well yeah I don't want finger prints, but I don't want raw plastic either.[/quote]Also, Gadgetoided (if that is even a word)

Matte isn't raw plastic.

-God Ginrai

What do you expect, you keep annoying them with facts. Well done.

Jesus the jew! These photos ended up on engadget and the video games round up didn't?

I'm doing something wrong!

I'm going to be appropriating that saying for myself. But yeah, I think they might be doing that sort of thing because it isn't an iPhone. Like iReallyCare. B"]

Seriously though, it was painful to read some of the comments there. It was like they were here X
And the point was here X.
That's par for the course. Engadget is full of idiot trolls, much like any other site that attracts thousands of hits.

Still, it's a little disappointing when someone tips off Engadget at the wrong time. Like the first FDM video MWeston gave us. It wasn't even powered on, but it got the Engadget entry and sent thousands of hits back this way. It's still the most viewed entry on the community blog:

http://openpandora.wordpress.com/2009/01/2...-pandora-video/

The very next day, MW uploaded a video of a working prototype, and it got no coverage.

http://openpandora.wordpress.com/2009/01/2...ning-prototype/[/quote]Hopefully Engadget is enthused enough to post the new video from Craig when it comes. We really need to tip them off as soon as it's uploaded.

The next tipoff should be when we have photos of actual mass production units. Craig: When we get to that stage, it might be a good idea to release a one minute video along with the first pics, so you don't steal your own thunder.

I tipped off Engadget. I know they like that sort of thing. Blame me. *hides*

(I run Gadgetoid)

Edit: On the other hand, they say that no press is bad press. There may be a flood of idiots, people who don't "get" the project and flat out "haters." But there are also sane, Pandora embracing individuals like me who keep abreast of the Engadget RSS feed and take its associated "community" with a pinch of salt. If another bout of exposure on Engadget brings in just one developer, who ports one shiny game for the Pandora, and keeps it up-to-date then it was all worth while in my opinion.

I know nobody likes to be reminded that it's still at a tenuously vaporous stage, but there may be people out there who've forgotten all about ol' Pandy and might now be motivated to contribute knowing the project is still alive.

To be honest engadget is the best place blog to advertise the pandora as that is where the core market will come from for the pandora.
get em on a slow day... maybe not this week as they have umpcs and games coming out of the wazoo

hope you guys feel my pain now when i was supporting the gizmondo on engadget now :p (the only one lol) ya ok i was wrong and it sucked but still its tottally the same deal lol

Back