Black!

Oh my, that looks really sexy.

The curviness around the lower half reminds me of my Sega handhelds (Game Gear and Nomad). That's a good thing!

I'm sad to hear that they're not testing "as strong as they could be"; I hope you guys get that fixed up.

I'm sad to hear that they're not testing "as strong as they could be"; I hope you guys get that fixed up.
I understood that the test CNC cases are not as strong as the final MP cases because they are CNC cases, not plastic pressed (i know what they are but words are escaping me...) cases...

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a bit harsh, wouldn't you say? I was under the impression that he was doing this for the purpose of making a nice looking video for youtube, to raise interest in the project (see this thread: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=47832 "]. Sheesh.
Do you seriously think Im trying to insult craig? Craig is really doing an awesome job! People just dont understand the word sarcasm.[/quote]To be fair, there have been several people on these boards with pretty harsh (read: downright rude) criticism directed at Craig -- reading your post without knowing you were being sarcastic certainly seemed to fall in this category. Glad to hear I was wrong. Text-based sarcasm often doesn't transmit well. :"]
[/quote]Text-based sarcasm travels fine. Just as many people don't understand it in text as there are people who don't understand it when they hear it. Anyways, if you had taken Mithrildor's previous posts and seemingly overall personality into account, then it's very easy to read as sarcasm.

. That's a good thing!
+1

I can not agree with this more. Any resemblance to a Sega Handheld is a good thing. (Aside from gigantic size or low battery life) And it does indeed look sexy. I can't wait to have one of these in front of me.

-God Ginrai

I think we should add marks on all those photos…

[PROTOTYPE]

Because if i discover the project with those photos…

pressed keyboard, tape, dust, etc != quality

Thanks for the appetizer, can't wait till we get the main course. :D

+1 for higher resolution pics.

I also think the watermark is a good idea. Other sites that lazily link to these pics will make their readers think these are finals.

I really think they should have chosen a glossy coat on the final mp of the p&|a. Well I guess too late now. oh well. : (

Text-based sarcasm travels fine. Just as many people don't understand it in text as there are people who don't understand it when they hear it. Anyways, if you had taken Mithrildor's previous posts and seemingly overall personality into account, then it's very easy to read as sarcasm.
-God Ginrai
I realize upon re-reading my response that it probably didn't sound as genuine as it was intended. You're right, text-based sarcasm works fine if you know the person's personality, which I didn't. :) I wasn't trying to start anything, just simply trying to stick up for Craig, when I thought someone was being rude. Again, I'm glad to be corrected. :)

Text-based sarcasm travels fine. Just as many people don't understand it in text as there are people who don't understand it when they hear it. Anyways, if you had taken Mithrildor's previous posts and seemingly overall personality into account, then it's very easy to read as sarcasm.
-God Ginrai
I realize upon re-reading my response that it probably didn't sound as genuine as it was intended. You're right, text-based sarcasm works fine if you know the person's personality, which I didn't. :) I wasn't trying to start anything, just simply trying to stick up for Craig, when I thought someone was being rude. Again, I'm glad to be corrected. :"]
[/quote]I wasn't accusing you of anything, I was just commenting that sarcasm works just as well on the net as it does in person. Also, I was saying that mithrildor's personality made it even easier to tell that it was sarcasm, not that you had to know someone's personality to understand that it was sarcasm.

-God Ginrai

Guys, ignore the surface finish on the CNC cases. They're made by dragging what is essentially a high speed drill bit across the shape of the object, and you can't do that to plastic without a resultant rough surface and lighter colour than the original material. Go back and look at the transparent CNC case; that would have been milled from normal transparent plastic, but it still came out looking white and hazy.

So those of you complaining about it, chill. You'll get your chance to whine when the first injection moulded cases roll off the line.

Guys, ignore the surface finish on the CNC cases. They're made by dragging what is essentially a high speed drill bit across the shape of the object, and you can't do that to plastic without a resultant rough surface and lighter colour than the original material. Go back and look at the transparent CNC case; that would have been milled from normal transparent plastic, but it still came out looking white and hazy.
So those of you complaining about it, chill. You'll get your chance to whine when the first injection moulded cases roll off the line.

Looking forward for that opportunity.

hes rite

nevermind

hes rite

even though this black one is a FDM case, this is the difference between the black one and injection molded (clear one)

clear one->CNC

hes rite
even though this black one is a FDM case, this is the difference between the black one and injection molded (clear one)

clear one->CNC

huh? :huh:
are you saying that you like the clear one better? or
are you saying that the fdm case is really a cnc and that i have no idea what im talking about :lol: or
are you saying that the clear one IS a cnc????

opps. k i deleted it to avoid confusion
i guess those cnc cases look pretty nice ;)

Back