Bitcoins experience

Looks like MtGox may be under another DDOS attack, The bitcoin price dropped like a rock again, hit $149 just now, then the MTGox.com exchange site went down.

Edit:

Bitcoin price has dropped to $118.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Slightly off-topic, but...

Would cpuminer run on the Pandora ?

According to this site, it runs on the BeagleBoard with the "sha256d" algorithm...

EDIT: managed to compile it on the Pandora :)

./minerd --algo=sha256d --benchmark = ~560 khash/s @ 1GHz with NEON optimizations and CFLAGS="-O3"...

Not the fastest miner on Earth, but could be fun anyway ;)

Bye, Magic Sam

Pretty ugly at the moment, price is $70  -  from $266 less than 2 days ago.

Yeah, I miscalculated my "few weeks" estimate. I had thought it was exponential growth, but turns out it was significantly faster than exponential. The tip came a lot faster as a result. Still, congrats to all the clever bastards that cleaned house I suppose. The market hasn't totally tanked so that's a good sign. It may be approaching stability again.

Well it's not 70$ - or at least it depends where you check the value. MtgoxUSD now is more like 120 $. 

It's far from having "crashed" to zero value. Even if it was 70 dollars it's still a very significant value seeing that bitcoin was 30 dollars just 2 weeks ago. 

Well it's not 70$ - or at least it depends where you check the value. MtgoxUSD now is more like 120 $. 

It's far from having "crashed" to zero value. Even if it was 70 dollars it's still a very significant value seeing that bitcoin was 30 dollars just 2 weeks ago. 
I know MtGox froze at $120 before it went down (for a market cool off/fix servers).  It has been trading in between $70 - $95 for the last several hours. Check the other exchanges next time also..

Looks like MtGox is back up, the price is currently $90. It is coming back a bit

This is an interesting graph of the bitcoin pricing over the last few days which I stumbled on.  https://campbx.com/mktexplorer.php

I could have made a nice profit if the Polish bank for https://bitcoin-24.com/ wasn't closed down by the authorities. I transferred money to the bank a day before this happened to buy some bitcoins. I am not sure if I will ever see my money again :(

I could have made a nice profit if the Polish bank for https://bitcoin-24.com/ wasn't closed down by the authorities. I transferred money to the bank a day before this happened to buy some bitcoins. I am not sure if I will ever see my money again :(
That's a worry,  hope you get your money back, sounds like you will from their statement.

I noticed Bitcoins are trading at $92 , so depending on when you wanted to buy, it may have been a blessing

I would have had access to the money probably the day that the bitcoins dropped to 50 Euros. Could have been a nice profit, but to be honest I don't know if I would have bought them if I had the money. Price indeed seem to be stabilizing now at $100

EDIT. Last time I checked it was pretty stable at 100, but it is now dropping again to 88. Would have been pretty exciting to have some money invested ;)

Back