Best 2 Player co-op Games

Duke Nukem 3D, Doom (and similar) - Starcraft
 Can these be played on 1 Pandora in co-op mode?
Ops, good point :D

Anyway there's a "Splitscreen mod" for Duke 3D somewhere on the internet, but I'm not sure if it can be played with 2 joysticks, it was intended for mouse/keyboard first player and joystick second player...

Duke 3D has a co-op storymode.

For Starcraft you can play in splitscreen with the Nintendo 64 version, but I never tried it with our emulator.

In Starcraft the only co-op can be obtained with an alliance versus PC in custom missions

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a MAME game I'm trying to think of, it might be a Neo Geo title.

It's a horizontal platformer and the similar gameplay to Bionic Commando but the one thing I can remember is that you can switch planes to avoid baddies.

I love this topic! I'm constantly on the hunt for games to play with Wife. Co-Optimus.com recently changed their searches to basically only show current gen stuff and I find searching for classic games impossible.

Perfect dark? might be too slow
This is also my suggestion.  I love this game.

Has anyone played it on a CC Pandora (I have never needed to).  If I manage to make time this weekend I will try it out.

In the Capcom beat them ups, you also have The Punisher, Knight of the Round Table and Alien vs Predator which are pretty good (unless you have a problem with the concept of humans punching hordes of aliens in the face)

Bubble bobble
crackdown

smash tv

escape from the planet of the robot monsters

eswat

metal slugs

Added

Double Dragon3

Added, along with number 2

Metal slug.

Already on the list, one of Janes' favourite series, I'd be in real lumber if I forgot that one.

The Punisher, Knight of the Round Table and Alien vs Predator

Awesome, all added completeley forgot about AvP

Alien Syndrome
Added, also reminded me of Gauntlet, how the hell did I forget that, an absloute classic, one fo the 1st 2 player co-ops I ever played in the arcades.

Legend of Mystical Ninja
Added, Never owned a SNES so never seen this one before.

Midnight Resistance - though not all versions support multiplayer. Though it is probably my favourite Run'n'Gun game of all time

Aliens (MAME)
Yes, a great shooter! Cool movie too..

Ikari Warriors

Time soldiers

mercs

nam 74

cabal

blood bros

*Wild Guns* - snes probly one of our most played coop games here..

Shock Troopers

Golden Axe  - easy and fun

Un Squadron

silkworm  - another favorite as I rock with the jeep :)

sunset riders

Super off road

Indy 500

For arcade games we have the 4 or 8 quarter (credits) rule, each player gets 4 credits for easy games and 8 for harder ones. that way we are not just playing with unlimited credits and makes games a challenge...

Back