Best 2 Player co-op Games

Ian J

Advanced Member
I'm getting loan of an X-Arcade Tankstick

X-Arcade Tankstick.png

I'm currently compiling a list of 2 player co-op games for myself and Jane to play.

What titles would people recommend?

Looking for anything that can be run on the Pandora.

Many beat them all are fun co-op games, some shoot'em'up can be played by 2 players, but I find it less interesting.

There's a Mickey and Donald game on the Megadrive that's made with co-op 2 players in mind. There are many situations where one player has to help the other to get further in the game.

Pocky and Rocky on the SNES is a pretty good co-op shooter.

There are probably many others, but nothing springs to mind right now.

I use it on PC, never tried, yet, on a Pandora.

On MAME it's great fun. Try "Track'n Field" (ok, it's not CoOp) or "Final Fight" for a start...

I'd love to try it with T&F but I'd be terrified of breaking something on the controller.

Yeah Final Fight and Double Dragon all already on the list, absolute classics.

I love the X-Men arcade game for co-op beat em ups.
Yep I'll put that on the list, reminds me of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & The Simpsons I'll add those too.

Also, Secret of Mana
The SNES RPG ???
Heck yes!! At the moment, TV out runs best with SNES EX Emu, but the Pandora's lid must stay open, and it is best to have a wireless mouse plugged in that you can move around every 10 minutes or so, as the emulator has an automatic sleep mode that for some reason ignores external controller inputs.

Also, Secret of Mana
The SNES RPG ???
Heck yes!! At the moment, TV out runs best with SNES EX Emu, but the Pandora's lid must stay open, and it is best to have a wireless mouse plugged in that you can move around every 10 minutes or so, as the emulator has an automatic sleep mode that for some reason ignores external controller inputs.
Cool !! Didn't know it was also coop O_O

Also, Secret of Mana
The SNES RPG ???
Cool !! Didn't know it was also coop O_O
Up to 3 players too...

Bubble bobble

top gear  - snes

turtles in time - snes

Perfect dark? might be too slow

guantlet

crackdown

smash tv

escape from the planet of the robot monsters

eswat

Summer games, winter games, california games, world games

skate/ski or die

sled storm - ps1

1942 xx

cyber lip

metal slugs

I would say virtua tennis on the dreamcast, though I guess the sequels have since surpassed it.

I guess the dc emulator is not fast enough to run it at full speed? The Pyra will handle it nicely.

Duke Nukem 3D, Doom (and similar) - Starcraft
Can these be played on 1 Pandora in co-op mode?

I would say virtua tennis on the dreamcast, though I guess the sequels have since surpassed it.

I guess the dc emulator is not fast enough to run it at full speed? The Pyra will handle it nicely.
Yeah I can't wait to get a Pyra for DC emulation, such an awesome back catalogue to play.

cadillacs and dinosaurs
Added

Worms Armageddon
Is the Playstation the best version on Pandora?

Back