Benefits for donators?

Mark

Boris Johnson: Cuddly Conservative
Website
www.gp-magazine.org.uk
Hello,

Wouldnt it be an Idea to offer special benefits for donators (crowdfunding style)?

Like: Choose an amount you wish to donate to the Project:

2€ ... Name on the Website

5€ ... shipping discount

7,50€ ... Name on Website + Sticker

50€ ...

100€ ...

250€...

What do you Thing about this?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about other people, but I donated because it would benefit other people rather than myself.

Edit: The lack of device names before the forum names confuses the hell out of me.

Edit 2: They don't show up when you're using the mobile theme.

That would work for Pyra donations, not for Craigs Preorders, I think.

The Craig Preorder donations will probably close down soon as well - as we'll run out of Pandoras soon...

My thoughts about this were refering to the pyra project

- You can realize it via a crowdfundig Plattform like www.startnext.de

* More attention for the Project = faster funding the project = projects target can be reached faster or project can be realized with more expansive material = higher quality = a qualitative better console for the "same Price"

* Donators receive small benefits = more donators = more attention (especially if you offer special Merchandising/Gadgets, maybe signed or a special Edition of the pyra ... only thoughts

* More donations can maybe lower the selling price? = more attetion

ONLY MY OPINION: THE BEST CASE WE CAN SEE IS imo THAT THE QUALITY RISES or the PRICE GETS DOWN.

Both things would be a dream come true but every journey Begins with the first step.

People should be aware the the Pandoras price/quality balance is verry good and if pyras will get better attention will rise.

(create awareness for pyras price/quality Balance)

The Pyra with its up to date hardware and 1000 of possibilities (aspecially the Emulation of games) is in my perfect to put it on a large (maybe worldwide) crowdfunding Plattform.

Only Advantages because in the worst case (which will never happen) the funding didnt reach its target.

Only Advantages because in the worst case (which will never happen) the funding didnt reach its target.
Yes and No, depending on the plattform and payment services used, a portion of the money will be lost on fees.

My thoughts about this were refering to the pyra project

- You can realize it via a crowdfundig Plattform like www.startnext.de
Maybe there is a language problem here. I (we?) consider Donations to be gifts. Crowdfunding money is something different, it comes from "supporters" who make "contributions". With crowdfunding it is commonplace to reward contributions above a certain amount with small bonus items.

Evildragon has said in the past that he does not want to fund development with crowdfunding or preorders. Only actual production will be supported by preorders. I think it is still undecided whether production funding will use a crowdfunding site.

Yes and No, depending on the plattform and payment services used, a portion of the money will be lost on fees.
Right but no bet, no WIN
I don't see this in any gambling context. Just comparing probabilities wether some "crowdadvertisement - campaign" may have a similar effect in terms of aquiring additonal people to help fund the project, or not.

The quality won't change with crowdfunding, as financing and producing the prototypes is completely secured and already done with a professional European company.

Yes, we could maybe get some designer and let him make a mixture of the case and some aluminium frames or whatever, but that would increase the costs a lot as well as delay everything for a few months.

Crowdfunding might make sense when the prototypes are finished in order to get more orders, which might reduce the price as well.

Crowdfunding might make sense when the prototypes are finished in order to get more orders, which might reduce the price as well. 
Sounds good, lower price = more potential costumers

Is crowdfunding a possible option for you?

Maybe, depends on how many orders we can get without it.
Or maybe just get your own crowd-funding website? I know several projects who've done this to save costs. I don't think lots of people will buy a Pyra just because it's on Kickstarter, I would expect the target audience to mostly read relevant websites where there will be reports about the Pyra, most likely.
Edit: I guess taking preorders on your own is already crowd-funding, just add some target bar and graphical candy and you're there.

Maybe, depends on how many orders we can get without it.
Or maybe just get your own crowd-funding website? I know several projects who've done this to save costs. I don't think lots of people will buy a Pyra just because it's on Kickstarter, I would expect the target audience to mostly read relevant websites where there will be reports about the Pyra, most likely.

Edit: I guess taking preorders on your own is already crowd-funding, just add some target bar and graphical candy and you're there.
More attention on well known crowdfunding plattforms than on a private one ... advertisin is all and unplayable in this game

More attention on well known crowdfunding plattforms than on a private one ... advertisin is all and unplayable in this game
Well,
I don't think lots of people will buy a Pyra just because it's on Kickstarter, I would expect the target audience to mostly read relevant websites where there will be reports about the Pyra, most likely.

Perhaps a dual approach is best: have a self-organized donation/pre-order mechanism, with no middle men taking fees and perfect for all of us who already know about the Pyra anyway, and in parallel with that, have a KickStarter or whatever as well, to benefit from extra exposure (although I think people overestimate that).

KickStarter prices could be set higher to cover the KS fees, or you could use the same price for both and just have more profit on the self-organized thing. Or you could do something in between by e.g. setting the self-organized price at X, the regular KS price at X+50, but have some limited-edition KS rewards at, say, X-25, X, and X+25.

If you do crowdfunding, please don't get into all of the stupid pledge bonuses. If you want some vanity ones like name on a list then sure, just don't do things that demand an actual increase in resources...

Same with stretch goals. Save that stuff for later.

BTW, I don't think you're supposed to use KS to get more orders for something you've already been selling directly. Unless that too went out the window with their policy changes.

Back