Banners for the Pandora Rebirth comp. (WIP thread)

@binky, its getting there, but could you use the logo in the banner above? Are you using photoshop?
no, gimp here, but it opens psds fine...

I will have a go at the other logo soon

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it ok to send a psd with the layers? or should I have them as PNG with alpha on separate files? (like, background.png, tank.png, smoke.png)

I quite like it as an animation erico, its quite simple and unintrusive to the eyes :)

Damn my banner links seem to have gone?

Okie dokies, I deep-etched erico's graphic and made a smaller, basic version of the banner. Feel free to sig this or the original banner (see how to below):

tWk9d.jpg

Code:
[URL=http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/6726-pandora-rebirth-competition-2012-01-09/page__view__findpost__p__116499][img=http://i.imgur.com/tWk9d.jpg][/URL]

QHl9P.jpg

Code:
[URL=http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/6726-pandora-rebirth-competition-2012-01-09/page__view__findpost__p__116499][img=http://i.imgur.com/QHl9P.jpg][/URL]

Simple copy & paste the text from the code boxes to your sig (My Settings) and it should give you these banners. Clicking the banners should shoot you through to ED's Rebirth Compo post (#1!). Cheers.

Although this does look a bit rough, it seems to work in the complete banner: (try it!)

PRClogo-metal2.png

GGXTh.jpg

^ Thanks binky, I tweaked the colour and texture a bit.

Am I the only one who thought of this?

PS - Please don't hate me ED, it's all in good fun! :D

Rebirth.jpg

Here the animation, everything still, no shadows.

I did not get rid of the background blur as it was made on photoshop before after effects.

Let me know what you guys think, I still prefer some movement.

SPLASH anim 04 net.zip

Attachments

• SPLASH anim 04 net.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 360
Some insane splash screen!
(I'm not being sarcastic/nasty here.) Could you clarify that picture at all? I actually can't make out most of the things in the room. Whats going on in the bottom left?

(I'm not being sarcastic/nasty here.) Could you clarify that picture at all? I actually can't make out most of the things in the room. Whats going on in the bottom left?

You can be sarcastic/nasty no problems :rolleyes:

I guess it is impossible to understand, it is the vision I get from bed when looking at my work table...drawn with grafx on caanoo.

The bottom left is a bed side-table, carrying coffee or tea, depends on the mood.

It is just for fun though, thought to bump back here and see if something like a vote or timeline to submit ideas is due.

So what about an ascii-art alternative? Feels rather stupid to include graphics stuff to display an image if the rest of the application is text-only (which my entry will be.) The alternative I can see is to let the program call xdg-open on an image file that is distributed with the program. But just distributing the image is almost as bad. Having this image just encourages two editions of the program with the only difference between them the pandora rebirth image.

Here is a start.

Code:
Entered into:

____                 _                   ____      _     _      _   _

|  _ \ __ _ _ __   __| | ___  _ __ __ _  |  _ \ ___| |__ (_)_ __| |_| |__

| |_) / _` | '_ \ / _` |/ _ \| '__/ _` | | |_) / _ \ '_ \| | '__| __| '_ \

|  __/ (_| | | | | (_| | (_) | | | (_| | |  _ <  __/ |_) | | |  | |_| | | |

|_|   \__,_|_| |_|\__,_|\___/|_|  \__,_| |_| \_\___|_.__/|_|_|   \__|_| |_|

____                           _   _ _   _

_,-'-,_           / ___|___  _ __ ___  _ __   ___| |_(_) |_(_) ___  _ __

_,-'  _,_  '-,_      | |   / _ \| '_ ` _ \| '_ \ / _ \ __| | __| |/ _ \| '_ \

_,-'  _,-'   '-,_  '-,_  | |__| (_) | | | | | | |_) |  __/ |_| | |_| | (_) | | | |

'-,_  '-,_     _,-'  _,-'  \____\___/|_| |_| |_| .__/ \___|\__|_|\__|_|\___/|_| |_|

|-, '-,_  '| |'  _,-' ,-|                      |_|

|  |    |  | |  |    |  |

|  |    |  | |  |    |  |

|  '-,_ |  | |  | _,-'  |

'-,_   '|  | |  |'   _,-'

'-,_   | |   _,-'

'-,| |,-'

I'm a beginner at ascii art, anyone want to give it a try?

I like the frozen in carbonite banner a lot, and i like the ascii art ankan.

just had a look at your site erico, you have some very nice renders on there mate, what do you use to make them?

Mainly lightwave, cheaper then others and the fastest, not to count the real time render VPR as I can´t live without that anymore for years.

Do some Blender once in a while too, but more on the simulation and scripts.

I love ascii art it would be great to have more though I can´t do it.

A pixel art poster would be nice too.

I have an idea for another poster...but time is running short to do it and finish my entry :rolleyes:

Back