Banners for the Pandora Rebirth comp. (WIP thread)

No worries, the movie clip is pretty cool!

Could you make it so the "pandora block" stays still, and just some fog/mist/vapour slowly moves around it?

Yep it´s possible.

You mean everything still but the fogs right, ground too?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hehe erico its dangerous to ask for my input, I might do something you don't expect!! I really like your image and I didn't want to plaster text all over it, I thought maybe just the logo and a bit of red gradient to help it blend in? I think it's quite an eye-catching image, people who're interested will click through and get the info they need :)

You can also use the original file to move things around a bit, of put some stronger depth by blurring layers more to fit the logo text. Whatever you see fit.

I guess it will have an bonus appeal to older then 30s people as some might connect it to something in star wars. Youngsters will probably wonder "what?" hehe

Thanks guys :D

rebirth12banner.jpg

Hehe, there we go, cleaned it up a bit and added the slogan. This is getting sigworthy :)

here is the anim, the tank is still, the ground not, is it this?

Same .avi xvid+mp3.

I like it. I think for the "pandora block" the angle of perspective is a bit sharp, could you make it a bit more like the banner?

Edit: retyped my sentence as it made no sense hehe

If anyone wants to apply their photoshop skillz and apply a brushed metallic finish to the logo, I'd be very interested to see how that'd look.

PSD attached (sorry its a bit of a dog's breakfast atm). Thanks!

rebirth12_banner.psd.zip

Attachments

• rebirth12_banner.psd.zip
    871.3 KB · Views: 365
Here the animation, perspective more like the banner.

Anyone knows a good sound for that?

Should it be coded? I´m not sure you can play avi xvid/mp3 on pandora freely can you?

Last banner you texted looks perfect! All fits in great.

SPLASH still B02.zip

Attachments

• SPLASH still B02.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 340
Thanks erico. Ah, the perspective looks much better now! Could you make it so that everything fades out at the same time? Also, could you make another clip with the floor staying still?

As far as sound effect, I was thinking of an airlock door being opened and the fresh air rushing in. A subtle environmental sound?

Thanks erico. Ah, the perspective looks much better now! Could you make it so that everything fades out at the same time? Also, could you make another clip with the floor staying still?

As far as sound effect, I was thinking of an airlock door being opened and the fresh air rushing in. A subtle environmental sound?

Here goes a still-ground one, and everything fades together.

As for sound, that is also a good choice, but someone has to do it, and sound is currently beyond me. I can mix into the anim though.

Any sound/music master around the forum?

A still ground anim would be great on the sound proposed.

I still prefer some movement on the background, slower one then before maybe, but that helps pass the idea the tank is flying.

SPLASH anim 03.zip

Attachments

• SPLASH anim 03.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 361
On another hand, do you guys think an animated splash is anything good at all? Or should we keep still?

Even if not used on the compo, it can be used as a signature for the competition in case people decide to record all entries and do a video on that for the tube. aye oscar style hehe.

That looks great! Could you try making one which is not floating? I like the Pandora Case a lot and t heres already some movement inthe fog.

Anything that would get me back to render 3d will be time consuming.

The current image of the tank is separated, the background was rendered a part and assembled on photoshop,

The background and the tank don´t share 100% the same lights, I´d say they share half and the same camera + reflections and bla bla.

It must be something I can do on after effects or photoshop to be a quick fix.

How exactly is that "not floating"?

I can cut the background blur and get rid of the shadow, like everything on focus. Is it that way?

Wow guys the banner is slick as hell. Wonderful stuff, conceptuallly and in the execution!

@ erico

Yeah maybe decrease the shadow and background blur. It does look like its floating, which is kinda cool but maybe a bit distracting from your wonderful Pandora graphic ;-)

@binky, its getting there, but could you use the logo in the banner above? Are you using photoshop?

@caine and macguyver

Thanks guys, feel free to use it as you see fit =)

Yeah maybe decrease the shadow and background blur. It does look like its floating, which is kinda cool but maybe a bit distracting from your wonderful Pandora graphic ;-)

Ok, will do so. Give me a little while on that.

Anyone sound or music? Will check down GLbasic forum to see if anyone want´s to give a try too.

A great tune from a musician would be awesome :rolleyes:

See, the animation was just supposed to be a guide I hoped someone could code into, and that is, if people at all think it is a good idea to have it animated. But there seems to be no thought on that.

Of course if people would like to code in the animation, they are free to do it as they please. No need to follow guide.

Slaeshjag, would you be willing/have time to try it out?

edit: ED said he would like to keep some standards, that is why I so ask if an animation is relevant. Would that bring trouble to the coders to implement? Could it be a choice maybe? At least we can use it as a signature or so for the PANDORA REBIRTH CODE OSCAR SUNDANCE FESTIVAL videos? :p

Back