(Bad)Joke Appreciation Corner

Was their name Andreas Lubitz by any chance?
Wow... that Wikipage has been modified so heavily that it looks like the pilot took his life... instead of what other pilots say: Airbus A320 to cut costs started delivering some internal navigational systems as single point of failures as a standard. Only by paying the extra option, you get the safer option: 2 systems, so one is a fail-save for the other.

This example is a A330-200 (so almost the same model A330-211 as the case from A. Lubitz)

Now Boeing did the same (cutting costs by removing electronics, and replacing good working ones with cheaper ones that fail more often...) the the rollercoaster, I mean 747-MAX!
Add to that the fact they took the wings to the back, so the airplane can not glide at all, so keeping it level on the vertical axis is impossible (that's what the single piece of failing hardware does help with... keeping it stable)

And back to Airbus, a previous model A320:

The thing is that it's less safe to fly than in previous years because the flying market is saturated and airline companies (this is before Covid) just make a few coins of profit or run at a loss except for a few months a year, and costs went to fuel and airport taxes and there is ample money left for good maintenance. (hey, Netherlands to Spain for 50 euro! Sounds cheap right? But you need to pay the Schiphol airport tax yourself, and that is around 15 euro because of 9-11 it went up. And This year we have also Dutch flying tax! And that is 8 euro more - next year also implemented in the rest of Europe). The airplane also pays Schiphol for landing there (Schiphol is very expensive to land) and fuel (but not a liter more; by the end of the flight they run on fumes, they don't tank extra because it makes the airplane heavy and thus it consumes more fuel too).

You should try getting the rights for the "Eeeeey macarena" song...

I went in to a pet shop. I said, “Can I buy a goldfish?”
The guy said, “Do you want an aquarium?”
I said, “I don’t care what star sign it is.”

Silly Null. All goldfish are Pisces.

I think you meant dinner.

23ZLSrXH.jpg

Three dogs are sitting around, shooting the shit. An American dog, a Polish dog and a Russian dog. The American dog says America is so great you just hang out in the pound all day and when you bark they throw you meat. The Polish dog says what's meat? The Russian dog says what's bark? -Reagan

Back