Back to normal!

They are keen to fix the shoulder buttons first (they're too proud to admit defeat here I guess), so I
let them do it..

Are they also proud of beeing the slowesd company i've ever heard off?

Produce 500 parts, throw them away and move the molds.
It is pretty likly they wont give you the molds anyway.

I must admit, knowing that you are moving to a new company for the cases, and that all they have to gain from here on in is to produce 500 cases. I would assume they will put both the mold update job and the 500 case production at the bottom of their to do list. Especially if they have bigger orders and clients

Hopefully I'm wrong

Last edited:
I guess my concern is they are already super slow, and they aren't getting anything out of the job. So likely it is at the bottom of the list to do and they can just keep pushing it out and pushing it out.

At what point can ED just say "move the molds?" 3 years down the road with no 500 cases is not ok. Are we looking at another 2-3 years?

Happy Birthday Evil Dragon!
Take a break and eat a cake ;)
You know ... if sometimes you don't know how to continue, you need to eat cake ...

Reactions: rSl
I think that would be a breach of contract. They might be slow, but I don't think they're suicidal.

What does it cost to fight a lawsuit in Greece?

What is the current roadmap? I completly lost the overview of this "project". What is finished and what not? Is there a bugtracker?

I guess, that the moulds are alredy finished, exept for the shoulder buttons. But if I understand correctly, the buttons are too big. Witch means, they have milled the mold too deep. So they have to put on metal on the mold and that on it's own can be a pain in the a**. (add only with the add-file)

And after that a mold has to be polished (or whatever surface structure is wanted) and hardened on the surface to endure the production.

So after that, the 500 clear case run is possible.

I think, what I want to say is: it could take a lot of time .... well maybe not this long, but who can tell.

So I still think it will be, next year's may. But let's ... I don't know.

:)

Are they also proud of beeing the slowesd company i've ever heard off?

Produce 500 parts, throw them away and move the molds.

That's what we're doing, except for the throw-away-part as that doesn't make sense as people have interest buying and modding them.

It is pretty likly they wont give you the molds anyway.

Which would be insane as that would give them a lawsuit that could easily cost them around 800k EUR.

I guess my concern is they are already super slow, and they aren't getting anything out of the job. So likely it is at the bottom of the list to do and they can just keep pushing it out and pushing it out.

I don't really think it's the issue. The problem is that they want to make it perfect and so they try again. When I receive the next cases, I'll just tell them everything is okay, that should do the trick.

At what point can ED just say "move the molds?" 3 years down the road with no 500 cases is not ok. Are we looking at another 2-3 years?

No, it will happen this year. I have planned to go to Greece once more to check what fixes are needed with the new company. If nothing has moved until then, I'll go to their production site, will order a transport and make sure the moulds are being put there.

The new company is very supportive and want to do whatever fixes there are for free so we can move forward.

What does it cost to fight a lawsuit in Greece?

Cost is not the problem, it's the time we'd lose. Whatever happens, you can be sure they WILL hold onto the moulds as soon as a lawsuit is starting...

What is the current roadmap? I completly lost the overview of this "project". What is finished and what not? Is there a bugtracker?

Keymats are in mass production, PCB design is most probably finished (I'm working on the test for the hardware so we can give back a production feedback), LCD cables are already there as well as the batteries.

Case design and moulds are finished and ready for mass production except for the shoulderbuttons, which are still being worked on by FormAction.

CE testing has already been done.

So basically, if the PCBs pass the tests, these will go into mass production as well.

So it's the shoulder buttons and of course a lot of low-level software work that's left.

Software bugtrackers are available for our OS on our dev site and for the kernel on the Letux kernel page.

Hardware bugtracker exists internally.

..., LCD cables are already there as well as the batteries.
I wonder, when the batteries keep the shelves warm for a longer period of time, is there someone making sure, they don't drop below a minimum charge?

Unused Pandora batteries from 2013 are still good and have charge left
Not to be alarmist, but unused Pandora batteries from 2013 that have been stored at optimal conditions will have about 90% of their maximum capacity left at best. If they haven't been stored perfectly they'll have even less, as little as 33% of the original capacity. To be fair, anyone who's been using their Pandora regularly over the last five years probably only gets about 70-80% of their original life out of it; that's just the nature of batteries, especially lithium.
If you plan on using them you'll need to run some tests to see just how functional they are. Fortunately the BQ chip will give a really good measurement of charge and discharge.

Not to be alarmist, but unused Pandora batteries from 2013 that have been stored at optimal conditions will have about 90% of their maximum capacity left at best. If they haven't been stored perfectly they'll have even less, as little as 33% of the original capacity. To be fair, anyone who's been using their Pandora regularly over the last five years probably only gets about 70-80% of their original life out of it; that's just the nature of batteries, especially lithium.
If you plan on using them you'll need to run some tests to see just how functional they are. Fortunately the BQ chip will give a really good measurement of charge and discharge.
One if not THE main cause for wear (max. capacity going down) of Li-batteries is having charge. So if it was only that, the best thing to do before storing them, would be draining them. But then every battery looses charge over time, and Li-batteries - propably other types as well - have a point of no return in that direction. So, you typically store them at 60% or something.
My concern was rather, that they could drop below their minimum - rendering them utterly useless, but since ED says, they hold their charge well/discharge very slowly, I'm good.

Addendum: The other main cause for wear would be high current, I suppose - or the temperature caused by high current and then of course by other things as well (not sure which it is).

Back