Ask the Dragon!

When should we do the live video session?

• Wednesday, July 25th, 4pm - 6pm (UTC)

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • Friday, July 27th, 4pm - 6pm (UTC)

Votes: 38 37.3%
  • Wednesday, August 1st, 4pm - 6pm (UTC)

Votes: 16 15.7%
  • Friday, August 3rd, 4pm - 6pm (UTC)

Votes: 34 33.3%
  • Saturday, August 4th, 9am - 11am (UTC)

Votes: 50 49.0%

• Total voters

@ClockworkCoder and @Djoga'Ro : Ask Chun-Li for pronounciation.

Tomorrow, huh ?
w8bqucc0pu.jpg

Okay, quick update... as I don't know if I've got the final Pyra PCB back by tomorrow, I guess it's better we'll postpone until next Friday.
Sorry for the confusion :)

When I started the poll, I wasn't aware that I need to send back the PCBs to GC :D

No. You live in Texas. Nothing can make Texas less lonely. To quote Redd Foxx, "Texas is nothing but miles and miles of nothing but miles and more miles."

However, you won't realize how lonely you are because you'll have a super cool connected device that lets you get online from --> Next to Nowhere <-- and make offhand comments in forums, play games, and maybe if we're really lucky we might get to play some multiplayer games too and become emotionally attached to people we'll never meet and ...

Note - Texas has a population density of 101.2 people per square mile.
Nebraska, where I live, has a population density of 24.3 people per square mile.

For you Europeans to reference... that is 39.1 people per sqkm for Texas and 9.4 per sqkm for Nebraska. Germany has 229 people per sqkm.

If you want to get more specific, you can go to the county level. The county I live in has 112 people per square mile (43 per square km). The one just north of the one I live in, where I go hiking quite often (there are places to hike in the county I live in as well) has only 2.8 people per square mile (1.1 per square km). It's so few that they felt the need to include a decimal place for the average. It's the lowest population density of any county in the US east of Texas. What state are these counties in? New York, of course! This is not exactly what most people are expecting when they hear you live in New York State.

I'm pretty sure us Texans are the majority of US Pyra owners so we can't be THAT lonely

Okay, quick update... as I don't know if I've got the final Pyra PCB back by tomorrow, I guess it's better we'll postpone until next Friday.
Sorry for the confusion :)

When I started the poll, I wasn't aware that I need to send back the PCBs to GC :D

Why not do it Saturday as per the poll result?

Why not do it Saturday as per the poll result?

That would be a minimized show.

I am planning to run it with multiple cameras, so I can also show stuff you might want to see.
So I have a team running the show. They usually aren't in Saturday, so I'd either have to book them (extra costs) or run the show alone with one camera.

So basically, the Saturday was in there to see if an overhelming majority would choose it - as in that case, booking the team would've been worth it.

A whole Camera Team, just for a Homebrew Handheld Projekt ??
Seems like this will be a little more Proffessionell than on of these "Pandora on the Roof and fell of the roof Vidoes from "the guy who shall not named"..

This reminds me, that this is a big bussiness Projekt, not a garage hobby computer like in the 70tes whit the Apple 1

A whole Camera Team, just for a Homebrew Handheld Projekt ??
Seems like this will be a little more Proffessionell than on of these "Pandora on the Roof and fell of the roof Vidoes from "the guy who shall not named"..

This reminds me, that this is a big bussiness Projekt, not a garage hobby computer like in the 70tes whit the Apple 1
but it is still a small hobby project, not big business at all.

the difference is, that we have all these great resources today that were not available in the 70ies and we can produce video without having a multi thousand euro budget. also ED is a professional video producer so I guess he'll have a team do the q&a who he knows and who'll give him a good price.

the difference is, that we have all these great resources today that were not available in the 70ies and we can produce video without having a multi thousand euro budget. also ED is a professional video producer so I guess he'll have a team do the q&a who he knows and who'll give him a good price.

I suppose he'll do it with his own company, no external employee hired.

Reactions: ___
Back